GM Inside News Forum banner

2018 Buick Enclave Spy Photo Seems To Confirm Previous Illustrations

10K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  jry 
#1 ·
Automotive News
February 21, 2017

The redesigned 2018 Buick Enclave will be sleeker and more muscular than the current version, spy photos shot in the Detroit area indicate.

The exterior of the large crossover is less rigid and bulbous than the first generation and features Buick’s new signature styling that debuted on the popular Avenir concept sedan at the 2015 Detroit auto show.
Burlapp Car

These are illustrations - NOT actual photos:

Opel is planning a larger SUV. I guess something that would compare with the redesigned VW Touareg.

This larger one pictured above could maybe share a platform with the new GMC Acadia/Buick Enclave.
(Which means this could be a preview of the next Enclave?)

#16 ·
That is a great looking vehicle, or at least a great looking illustration.

Looking forward to seeing the final design in New York.
I've practically forgotten that the Enclave would be shown in NY. I at least hope the headlights work well. ;)

So is this Acadia sized, or Traverse? Looks smaller to me.
It's supposed to be Traverse sized. Acadia/XT5 & Traverse/Enclave are your platform partners. With Blazer set to join (when will it be shown?) the Acadia platform, it's also expected an XT7 join the Traverse platform. Good grief, there are too damn many CUVs/SUVs/tall wagons/whatever out there.

#6 ·
That's a snazzy illustration. They'd sell the pants off of that, so hopefully the real car takes after it.

#9 · (Edited)
While similar in spots, it still looks like two different vehicles. The entire rear is different, even the glass. The front facia is definitely different. The American version looks more bubbly than the Opel illustrations. The hood is different too. Plus, the overall size is different. The Enclave mule is big. In fact, it looks a lot like the current one. Rear view mirrors are posted in different spots. I have a feeling the Enclave is going to look a lot different than the illustration with only **maybe** the headlights and taillights looking similar.

#24 ·
Yeah, other than the headlights & grille, the illustration is much different than the actual vehicle.
First off, the illustration is way smaller than the actual, and the lines on the side of the illustration are much different than the actual. With the biggest difference being the rear side windows and sweep spear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.