GM Inside News Forum banner

tracking your purchase or trying to

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TexusTim 
#1 · (Edited)
I cant thank the people here that help us track our purchase enough but it occurs to me the Chevy website never updates and the GM connect site doesn't seem to work either and this thread and site with the help of dedicated members has become the only real way to verify and track your purchase without calling the dealership everyday to see if it moved from say 3000 to 3100.
Is GM okay with that ? I mean wouldn't they want a "proven dependable method"? I know I would because every request here just shows that the system GM has in place does not work for us....don't get me wrong I'm a happy customer and really would like to see a tracking system in place that works as good or better than the vehicles gm. makes after all everything about your vehicle including tracking your purchase should be about performance and it all should work in harmony...thank you.

#2 ·
To be honest after 15 years at my dealership I would say it comes down to the fact I believe that GM does not want sold orders. Why else restrict orders on new products with allocation. When we have called about sold orders on Equinox's and Silverado's there is a general you should order units like that on your lot already and you will get them when you get them. As far as the website I dont understand it as well but here is what I have to deal with to check your orders I have to use internet explorer 6.0 to 10. I can use firefox and chrome to do just about anything on the site except check the status of an order or to configure a new order and its been like that for years. I also believe that a salesperson should be willing to track the orders for you at any time but I know most big dealerships are move on to the next customer that unit is ordered.

#3 · (Edited)
HI, You know my dealer ask me if I received an email update from GM yet and seems surprised that I haven't received it, from what I gather its the same for everyone !
On the Chevy website under the banner "owners" there is the function "track you order" but it never recognizes me or my 50.000 order. this is also true for everyone else ! I am now at 3100 and have a build date of 9-15-2014

On the Chevy connect site it lets me register and sent confirmation but never shows my purchase and the contact button doesn't work. I hear its the same for everyone that tries there site. I wonder are we helping a third party track our purchase and know our info like email address ? cuz were giving them our info but don't get anything back from them and at some point they will have our vin also.

It is far worse to have a function like this that doesn't work than not to have it at all...if the attitude is true about GM not really wanting to take customers orders, I would really be upset if this were true but that's not the attitude my dealer gave me as soon as I said "you don't have what I want" they offered to order it for me and have no problem looking it up for me when I call them.

#4 ·
Hi TexusTim,

We understand how important and special it is for a customer to be a part of the ordering process. Although I don't have much information with regard to the websites, we are also glad to assist you with order updates via PM here on the site. Please let me know if we can offer any additional support.

Andraya
GM Customer Care

#5 · (Edited)
Hi TexusTim,

We understand how important and special it is for a customer to be a part of the ordering process. Although I don't have much information with regard to the websites, we are also glad to assist you with order updates via PM here on the site. Please let me know if we can offer any additional support.

Andraya
GM Customer Care
Thank you Andraya ! how is mine doing ?
RZNSPM Texas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.