GM Inside News Forum banner

Help! GM Supplier Discount

16K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  All Star 
#1 ·
I signed a contract yesterday based on obtaining a GMS Supplier authorization today, and so far the individual has sent me one and the Dealer is calling! Help please!

Todd Hoover, DOB 04/12/62, 33315, Last #7854, toddjhoover@bellsouth.net

Thank you.

#7 ·
I have another question.

I am in the market for a GMC Yukon XL Denali.

I have a GM Supplier Discount. The Gm Supplier Discount website list a price of: Vehicle:2008 Yukon XL Denali Selected Style:AWD Denali 5SAExterior:Red Jewel Tintcoat Interior:Ebony Nuance Leather-appointed Total MSRP:*$60,255.00MSRP:$53,075.00Color & Options:$7,180.00Total MSRP:*$60,255.00Suplier Price:***$55,345.73

My Dealer is showing me a selling price of $57483.65 and then taxing me.

She stated the Advertising Charge is pre-tax. Shouldn't it be $55,345.73 plus tax and then the Advertising charge? And then take off any current incentives?

Thank you,

Martin Garza
Chicago,IL

#9 ·
Actually the advertising charge the dealer gets right from GM. It is listed under the heading of "Memo". She is playing with you! With the supplier pricing you are not responsible for advertising charges...PERIOD!!! This is just another way for her to make extra money. Tell her no!
Give her the buzzer sound and tell her "thanks for playing...Next question."

#8 ·
It should be on the line that says SUPPLR: xx,xxx.xx

That is the selling price PLUS the tax and DMV. The freight charge is included in the price. They must show you the price on the invoice once you provide the authorization number. If you want to send me the VIN by PM, I can check it for you.

#12 ·
I sell to suppliers all of the time. The line where it says Supplier is your price minus rebates. It is that simple. I never have half the trouble that people on this site seem to have. Why is that?

#13 ·
Very good question Stan, and one I've wondered myself:rolleyes:

Particularly when it comes to Supplier or Employee deals...it can't get any easier. Look at the invoice, bingo, there's your number, and you're done. There should be no playing or confusion.

#16 ·
Has anyone here ever heard of a GEX discount ? I got my friend a GSU discount code but the dealership is asking for a GEX? I have never heard of that. This is what the dealer sent to my friend "GEX. It is program #14-06EX. It is called “2014 MODEL YEAR GM EMPLOYEE PURCHASE PROGRAM FOR EXECUTIVE REFERRALS”

Any ideas? He is trying to get a 2014 Stingray and the only discount to my knowledge that I can give him is the supplier discount.

Thanks!

#17 ·
I got one less than a month ago from a very high level EXECUTIVE . They are like the GMS and GSU pin's in that they expire in 180 days. The GEX price is the same a the GMS (employee) price. Looks like supplier (GSU) is the best you can offer your friend.

#18 ·
Hi ZQ8,

May I ask how you got the GEX from the Executive? Is it common for them to hand out these discounts to people? I feel like its a little out of line or rude to ask them for this discount, even though it is to help the company in the long run. I am just trying to help my friend get this C7!
Thanks
Carl

#20 ·
Hello, I don't know nothing about buying vehicles. I bought my last vehicle blind fold, lol... I am in the military and is looking for a new vehicle. I have no clue what to expect from dealer and what I should present. Can someone give me some tips? Thank you in advance....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.