GM Inside News Forum banner

Factory order status

20K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  CharlieLT4 
#1 ·
Is there a way for us civilians to check the status of a factory order? I know I can check with my dealer but they always seem to struggle with the computer. I was wondering if there was a GM web-site or phone number to use. Thanks

This post has been deleted
#5 ·
Thanks again. I assume once the car it built, that GM notifies the dealer, e-mails them the invoice (with VIN) and gives them a tenative delivery date. I think I'll need the VIN ahead of time to line up my financing (not through the dealer).

#6 ·
pmd67 said:
Thanks again. I assume once the car it built, that GM notifies the dealer, e-mails them the invoice (with VIN) and gives them a tenative delivery date. I think I'll need the VIN ahead of time to line up my financing (not through the dealer).

yes, they'll receive the invoice shortly after it is built. it does include the vin. it will have an interest start date. this is usually close to the arrival date.

#7 ·
MOOSTOPHA said:
yes, they'll receive the invoice shortly after it is built. it does include the vin. it will have an interest start date. this is usually close to the arrival date.
You would think you could have some way on the internet to check your order. I do when I buy my Dell computer. It has a Status window so to speak. I don't understand why we as a customer can't. Since a vehicle is such a large purchase we should have some knowledge of when we can see our vehicle during it's build cycle.

#9 ·
moostopha is a nice guy.... could have used him about a month ago.
But we did ask our salesman at the dealer. and told us that it had been built... we needed to know to get in on the 0%+$500 promo that was running few weeks ago here in so cal....
when we found out the car had been built- we headed to the dealer the following day- as the offer expired the day we went.... but we got in on it. worked out great.

#13 ·
I dont follow....I always get my customers to set up in the finance offec at order time, that way they can take advantage of the CURRNET incenties, and if htey get BETTER at time of delivery, they can use the BETTER ones.

#10 ·
rbarrios said:
moostopha is a nice guy.... could have used him about a month ago.
But we did ask our salesman at the dealer. and told us that it had been built... we needed to know to get in on the 0%+$500 promo that was running few weeks ago here in so cal....
when we found out the car had been built- we headed to the dealer the following day- as the offer expired the day we went.... but we got in on it. worked out great.
So essentially, you took delivery before the car arrived at the dealer? I would consider that but I might want to actually see the car before I hand over a check. Current offers end 4/3, so I'm banking on something being offered mid May.

#11 ·
pmd67 said:
So essentially, you took delivery before the car arrived at the dealer? I would consider that but I might want to actually see the car before I hand over a check. Current offers end 4/3, so I'm banking on something being offered mid May.
careful this could backfire as well and interest rates could go up on you...

#14 ·
It may be different in Canada, but I know that we cannot sign someone up on a car unless we have a VIN and an interest comencement date. The VIN doesn't get assigned until the broadcast data is set and the build begins, so it has to be within 2-3 weeks of usually delivery . . .

#19 ·
GMconnects.com is a great site to track your GM order. Been following mine build there for a few weeks now. Beats bugging your dealership all the time. GMconnects.com is not real time, but checked manually by their staff with the results loaded into their database which you have access to. Great that the guys over their put that site together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.