GM Inside News Forum banner

Dealership Experience

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Neanderthal 
#1 ·
This all started about two months ago IIRC.

First noticed sounds like a distant tennis match. Dealer said it was a blend door, fixed mechanically under warranty.

Maybe a month later, HVAC controls did not control the temp. Shutting car off would usually reset.
Took to dealer, said it needed an electronic part, perhaps actuator?

They had ordered the part in response to the earlier tennis ball sounds, said they would call me when part came in but they never called. I blew it off.

Last Monday 23 June took car in for new HVAC gizmo. Also told them about the USB port that did not work and that the phone would not synch with Bluetooth. Also asked if they could re-program the speedo because I put 18" Chally wheels on with slightly taller tires and speedo was reading one to two slow at 70+.

Dealer said new radio needed, it was the cause of the USB and phone non-synch, it was ordered and would be in Wednesday.
They called me Mon or Tue, said radio was out and dangling by its wires, they were waiting for the Wed delivery. I let them keep it as a convenience to them, so they wouldn't have to put it together and take it apart and put it together again.

No loaner offered.

Checked with them Wed am and no part, "We're looking through our parts order right now." Checked later, no part, told them to put it back together we'd pick it up Wed.

Later someone at service said the part comes via UPS, not on their parts truck. They will call as soon as radio comes in.

They said the radio comes straight from the vendor and they have no way of knowing when it will arrive, nor do they have the ability to check with the shipper to get an ETA. Huh? I thought they were looking through their parts shipments.

Sent email to Dodge, got some girl named Jennifer who never answered my original question about the dealer not having any way of checking with the vendor/shipper as to when part is due.

Got email and phone call from Jennifer Fri. Said radio is in at the dealership as of Friday.

I sent her another email last night, don't know if it made it through their system. Asked for answer to original question. Said I had not gotten the promised phone call from dealer letting me know radio is in.

Have yet to get phone call from dealer telling me the radio is in. They seem to have some outgoing phone connection problems.

At least they got the speedo correct.

See less See more
#4 ·
Didn't get copy of any work order. Service guy came outside to meet and give me the key and explain how apparently they don't know anything.

If they want to be paid for anything they have my name and number. I am waiting for the promised phone call. I believe it will be a long wait.

My wife has used a couple of different Jeep dealers over the time we've been together, every time I go into one I get a feeling of utter indifference from the employees vs. the employees at my GM dealerships who seem to care. Most of these dealers have been Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler. I think you are receiving a good dose of Chrysler indifference.
Were it so simple as to be just one brand's dealers. Unfortunately I got a far bigger runaround at a local GM/B dealer some time back regarding a radio. I posted that experience, basically what they said is "Too bad your AM doesn't work, it's on the way out anyway!" after the first failed repair effort.

Next effort was replace the entire unit at $1600, paid for by extended warranty. Three more trips before a ten dollar gizmo was found to be the cause.

They acted like a bunch of pricks, like many dealerships do, until they got an attitude adjustment from a GM case manager.

#3 ·
My wife has used a couple of different Jeep dealers over the time we've been together, every time I go into one I get a feeling of utter indifference from the employees vs. the employees at my GM dealerships who seem to care. Most of these dealers have been Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler. I think you are receiving a good dose of Chrysler indifference.

#5 · (Edited)
My personal experience with dealerships? Mostly bad.

Despite what is said about 'customer service' I get the feeling the thing I am told the most is "if you get a survey, make sure you mark completely satisfied'---that is all they care about---not doing what they need to do to earn that grade. What they are NOT as concerned with is:

-getting my scheduled oil change done within an hour of my appointment
-having the girl behind the counter not talk to another employee when cashing me out (This happens ALL the time. I cannot remember the last time I walked up to a window to pay where I did not have to wait at least a few seconds for the girl to finish her conversation with someone else behind the counter)
-pressuring me and giving me multiple reasons over and over why I should get my tires rotated for that $10 extra after I tell them EVERY TIME I rotate them myself.
-making sure the person who does my oil change doesn't leave smudges on the seats or the inside of the A-pillar

Worst dealerships I have ever been to are a multiple of Honda Dealerships (OK service, but EVERY TIME at various ones they low-ball on trade ins) and one particular Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealership where the sales staff is great, but service staff needs a serious dose of training. My 'service advisor' was a fast-talking young girl with an attitude, and the guy who was the service manager had a temper--it was never his staffs fault, it was always the customer.

#6 ·
^^In general I can't complain about my history at this dealership. They have an express O&F lane and the change gets done in under an hour. Not as quick as a Quickie Loob but less chance for a careless error too.

Other than their apparently confusion about how to make outgoing calls or identify and match up specifically-ordered parts with waiting customers, they've done OK.

The cashier is not a gum-chewing 21-year-old moron. 50-ish and professional.

But the disconnect regarding the Parts/Service and the Waiting Customer is truly puzzling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.