GM Inside News Forum banner

Bought a New 2014 Acadia 3 weeks ago!!!!

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Julian Black 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Im new to this site and really dont know who to ask.
I purchased a 2014 Acadia 3 weeks ago but Im not allowed to take it home. What drives me crazy is that no one has answers as to whats happening.
I have been tempted to cancel and purchase another vehicle from another brand but I have high hopes that what ever is going on will be over shortly. I am aware of the massive recalls but no one is specifically mentioning anything to clients about when they can have their cars.
Am I the only one in this position?
I want my new car!!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

#5 ·
They said they could sell them but couldn't release them. I bought it before they announced holding the cars which I believe was on memorial day week end.
Is there anyone else going through these issues? I know Im not the only one who purchased a 2014 Acadia or Traverse or Enclave.
Same issues with each one from what I gathered but could be wrong.

#8 ·
Durango was too much on gas and the explorer interest rate was 300% more. .99 vs 2.99. Makes a $49000 car payment feel like a $40000. So I would rather pay the extra on the car instead of interest. plus better fuel mileage.
A fix has been issued but for 1. something million cars, do they have parts. Its just frustrating how they
dont seem to care about the people who have already purchased. But seems like they also dont realize that we can cancel too. I dont have my vehicle so the deal is void. And to think that this situation seems to be some sort of a secret and they are hiding something. Where are the priorities here? I can see if it was a purchase for $500 but thats not the case here. And soon I will change my mind. So much for supporting our North American vehicles. If I bought a Nissan or Toyota, I would be driving it already even with Toyotas massive recall. Maybe the Japanese care more. So out of all the people in this forum, Someone has to have answers of some sort.

#10 ·
Well in the end result, I ended up buying a Nissan Pathfinder. I,ve been GM almost my whole driving life from Grand Am to Monte Carlos to Acadia and then another Acadia if everything worked out but now GM has lost one Valued customer due to one particular dealer hear in Burlington. Wow!!! I cant believe that they weren't ready to adjust the interest back to gain a client for a lousy $6000 difference which they offered from the beginning. Due to all the recalls, $6000 is pennies to these guys. Well they say things happen for a reason. Maybe it was never meant to be to have a GMC Acadia. The funny thing is that the Nissan Pathfinder Platinum Premium was the same price as the GMC Acadia SLT2 model and has nothing near what the Pathfinder has. Gotta get the act together GM. Seeing way to many Fords, Hondas, Chryslers, and Nissans on the road and some of your are still being recalled.

#14 ·
All I wanted was the original offer which was signed from the beginning. 84 month at .99% interest. I was not expecting a decrease in the cost of the car at all but to meet what they originally enticed me with anyways. I wasn't even in the market for a new car but their offer they gave me personally via email was too hard to refuse. To make things easier for everyone, My payments went from $330 bi weekly including warranty and everything to $378 bi weekly. Quite significant.
Now driving the Pathfinder with all the bells and whistles for $360 bi weekly. Basically the Denali version of the Acadia but a Pathfinder. Still broken about that but hey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.