Bad then a Good Experience in Miami

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum Ė General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bad then a Good Experience in Miami

Walking
    Thanks

Bad then a Good Experience in Miami

I have recently had a bad experience and then a good experience trying to get my fairly new 2010 GMC Acadia Denali serviced. Something wasnt right when I was driving it, I know the basics of car mechanics, and it felt like the transmission was shifting at the wrong time, I was pretty concerned it would need to be replaced. I ended up at Lehman GMC in Miami to see if they could diagnose it. I was told I would have the car back within two days. I never heard back so I had to call THEM! Short story, they kept giving me the runaround, and finally quoted a high price. I decided I better get a second opinion. After asking around I ended up at Williamson GMC, also in Miami. Wow - what a difference, the workers all had smiles on their faces. They called me back that day, and explained everything up front that needed to be done, and gave me a lower price than I got at Lehman. My Denali was back to me Sooner than they had estimated, and it has driven seamlessly ever since. I guarantee Williamson has got my business from here on out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Re: Bad then a Good Experience in Miami

Thanks for posting the positive maintenance experience and welcome to GMI. How has your experience been with your Acadia outside of the transmission?
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allthingsgm View Post
    I have recently had a bad experience and then a good experience trying to get my fairly new 2010 GMC Acadia Denali serviced. Something wasnt right when I was driving it, I know the basics of car mechanics, and it felt like the transmission was shifting at the wrong time, I was pretty concerned it would need to be replaced. I ended up at Lehman GMC in Miami to see if they could diagnose it. I was told I would have the car back within two days. I never heard back so I had to call THEM! Short story, they kept giving me the runaround, and finally quoted a high price. I decided I better get a second opinion. After asking around I ended up at Williamson GMC, also in Miami. Wow - what a difference, the workers all had smiles on their faces. They called me back that day, and explained everything up front that needed to be done, and gave me a lower price than I got at Lehman. My Denali was back to me Sooner than they had estimated, and it has driven seamlessly ever since. I guarantee Williamson has got my business from here on out.
    I have witnessed Ed Williamson at the many GM Dealer Councils that he has participated in ---- He is a Number One class act, and tries to run the best, customer oriented dealership there is.

Thanks

The Willamsons are a long time GM dealer and they take their business seriously, they have had a Cadillac franchise since 1968 I believe, they recently added Buick and GMC after a nearby dealer went under, they were also one of the first Saturn dealers in Miami, a good place all around. I have to ask, why were you quoted a price, would the transmission still be under warranty?

Its a shame that Lehman has gone downhill, I have never had any experience with them, they are in the north end of the county, they are a long time dealer too, they are or were owned by Senator William Lehman, they were originally a Buick only dealer since the 60's.
    Last edited by MCGARRETT; 02-26-2013 at 11:18 PM.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pleased to see your Acadia is performing well for your now, allthingsgm, although I was sorry to see you experienced those frustrations along the way. If you would like me to document your feedback for either dealership, I'm just a direct message away and happy to help where I can!

Best,

Katie
    GM Customer Service
    Follow us @GMCustomerSvc on Twitter.

Thanks

I have frequently shopped at both of those dealerships........but ended up buying at the former Blake dealership several times. Perhaps Williamson will get me back to GM for an ATS or a Verano. Unfortunately Miami seems to be the "king" of dealership ADP on any desireable new product.

Thanks

My dad has bought 13 new Cadillacs from them, most recently an XTS. I bought two Mazdas from them when they had the Pontiac-Cadillac-Mazda dealership in Homestead. They have a very good reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by MCGARRETT View Post
    The Willamsons are a long time GM dealer and they take their business seriously, they have had a Cadillac franchise since 1968 I believe, they recently added Buick and GMC after a nearby dealer went under, they were also one of the first Saturn dealers in Miami, a good place all around. I have to ask, why were you quoted a price, would the transmission still be under warranty?

Its a shame that Lehman has gone downhill, I have never had any experience with them, they are in the north end of the county, they are a long time dealer too, they are or were owned by Senator William Lehman, they were originally a Buick only dealer since the 60's.
    I could be wrong, but I thought GM had slated Lehman for termination, but in the end they got to keep the franchise. What surprised me is that Vera Cadillac added Buick-GMC and they're just a few miles away from Lehman. I believe Vera is associated with the Williamsons.
    Last edited by Murrow; 02-27-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Walking
    Thanks

Its been great. It works for me, it works for my family. No problems since then, must have just been a faulty part or something.

Walking
    Thanks

Yah I will keep going to Williamson. However you have to respect dealers that have been in business a long time like Lehman. Yes, i didnt have a great experience there - but I am hoping it was an isolated case.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC rivieraranch's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0 T

Williamson is a class act all the way. The service people have all worked there forever and there is a continuity there. The Vera dealer is also a really nice store with some great people.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 caddycruiser's Avatar
    Thanks

Its been great. It works for me, it works for my family. No problems since then, must have just been a faulty part or something.
    Curious. If its a 2010, depending on mileage, and a drivetrain issue why was there any cost involved and not warranty coverage? What was the issue.

Glad to see another dealer took care of it for you.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information