2011 GMC Sierra difference between SLE and SLT

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 GMC Sierra difference between SLE and SLT

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Black 2011 GMC Sierra 1500

2011 GMC Sierra difference between SLE and SLT

I am looking at buying a 2011 GMC Sierra Crew cab truck with the Body Color all-Terrain package. I found one a dealer close to me that lists for $42700, but it is an SLE without leather. When I went to the dealer I normally deal with they said the way to get leather that made the most sense was to get the SLT version of the same truck. The one they found shows a list price of $46510.

When I look at the window sticker online for the SLE and the printout the dealer gave me for SLT I get confused. Both are identical in almost everyway except the SLT has leather and a Bose speaker system. Why is there a $3810 price difference? What would I be getting that on a SLT that makes it worth so much more? Can I get leather bucket seats in an All-Terrain without getting the SLT?

Any and all help is appreciated. I really thinking about this truck and can not figure why there is that big of a difference.
    Past vehicles:
    2009 Chevrolet 1500 CC Z-71
    2006 Monte Carlo SS
    2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L
    2003 S-10 Crew Cab
    2000 Monte Carlo SS
    1998 Malibu LS
    1993 Corsica

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Re: 2011 GMC Sierra difference between SLE and SLT

The SLT will have front buckets that are heated, the SLE is just a leather bench, no heat. Also, woodgrain trim on the SLT and the center console and 4wd controls are different setups. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope it helps!
    2014 Chevrolet Silverado
    2013 Honda Odyssey
    2005 Chevrolet Malibu

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Ed753's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ

The SLE you are looking at has many of the SLT standard features in some of the option packages that truck has, also because you are shopping a 4x4 Crew, some of these do not apply as they are already part of standard SLE, here is the best list I could find on the fly: (from Consumer Guide Automotive)

SLT adds to SLE:
    Flex-fuel 5.3-liter V8 engine w/cylinder deactivation
    6-speed automatic transmission
    Locking rear differential
    Dual-zone automatic climate controls
    Leather upholstery
    Heated 10-way power front bucket seats
    Center console
    Driver-seat memory
    Mirror-mounted turn signals
    Driver-side automatic day/night and passenger-side tilt-down back-up aid
    Bose sound system
    USB port
    Steering wheel radio controls
    Wireless cell phone link
    Automatic day/night rearview mirror
    Rear defogger
    Fog lights
    Trailer hitch, 7-wire harness
    P265/65R18 tires
    Chrome alloy wheels
    4WD adds: 4-wheel drive, AutoTrac 2-speed transfer case, tow hooks

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

CardFan22:

Can you send me your email via private message? I work for a Chevy dealer and I will gladly send you some spec sheets showing you the difference in standard equipment. If you happen to have VIN #'s for the two vehicles in question I can look them up and give you specific differences between those two vehicles as well.

Kestin

3.0 Liter SIDI V6 GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Thanks

This sounds like a case of a couple of free-flow options making the difference, but the only way to know for sure is to run the VIN of both vehicles and do a head-to-head comparsion of each vehicle's build summary, like KestinM offered.

-Jared Duane
    GM Customer Service
    Follow us @GMCustomerSvc on Twitter.

Thanks

There are several option packages that you can add to the SLE to get most of what the SLT offers, usually at a cheaper price. As others have mentioned find an SLE like you want, then compare it to a similarly equipped SLT. Good luck in your search and purchase!
    2014 Chevrolet Silverado
    2013 Honda Odyssey
    2005 Chevrolet Malibu

Thanks

one has an 'E' and one has a 'T'..

man cant belevie no one pointed that out.....

heheh....

SLT will have more 'standard' equipment.... you can option an SLE up to match a SLT, but will usually come out more $$.... as you adding options... the SLT the things you want may come standard.... however the down side it may have some things you dont want as well....

for examle a high compacity air cleaner is standard on SLT but an option on a SLE...

rear lockers are standard on SLT and no on SLE, but you can ADD the option of a rear locker on a SLE, you just have to pay for it....

18" rims VS 17" rims... The SLE may have 18, but it will be an ADDED options to hte optins side of hte sticker....

again the salesman is prolly right.... SLT gives leather standard, SLE your adding ALOT of options to the price to get up to leather, as most come as package options now, to get a command start I have to add a interior package at a 1200 price, I cant JUST add the starter for 275 anymore... however a SLT comes with it standard, and bluetooth and homelink, I dont care about homelink and bluetooth so much but its easier to get the starter that way, as opposed to 'adding' more options to a SLE build truck

things like this

SLT will have leather, may or may NOT be heated, has to have a 1SD to be heated, some will be 1SC, but I think you can only do 1SC on a SLE truck, 1SC is NOT heated.... SLE has a bench as STANDARD equipment and the buckets are still optional and at a 1200 buck value IIRC
    Last edited by MalibuMaxxSS; 06-06-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    The SLT will have front buckets that are heated, the SLE is just a leather bench, no heat. Also, woodgrain trim on the SLT and the center console and 4wd controls are different setups. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope it helps!
    they may or may not be heated. you can get SLT with no heat... and a leather bench is pretty rare... most likely a bench as its standard on SLE, or upgraded cloth buckets, with no heat.....

4WD controls are the same on SLE and SLT....or no they are on oppisite sides, cause of the center stack
    Last edited by MalibuMaxxSS; 06-06-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours. You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms."

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride

Thank you everyone for your help. The info I have gotten here has given me a lot to think about.

What really annoys me about these trucks is the fact that a person can not get either All-Terrain package on the GMC or the Z-71 appearance package on the Chevrolet in dark blue. Makes absolutely no sense.
    Past vehicles:
    2006 Monte Carlo SS
    2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L
    2003 S-10 Crew Cab
    2000 Monte Carlo SS
    1998 Malibu LS
    1993 Corsica

Walking
    Thanks

Im pricing out and asking the same questions....I went to my local dealer and test drove and let em try to sell a sierra z71 SLE....it was a sweet ride. I knew before stepping on the lot that i was not buying that day. i asked whether i could get an SLT package without the wood grain....and even though they said no....the truck i test drove, was designed exactly like that....so it can be done. They also said it would be cheaper for me to look for an SLE thats as close to what i want exactly, then THEY would perform non factory upgrades....like leather seats....and that all the work would fall under the warranty...i actually kinda liked the SLE i rode that day and th minor stuff it looked liked the could help me out with....still not sure which way im gonna head...but...doing homework.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride

Just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for there help. I finally decided on which truck to get and I got the SLE. So here are a few pictures after I brought it home.

Past vehicles:
    2006 Monte Carlo SS
    2006 Cobalt SS 2.4L
    2003 S-10 Crew Cab
    2000 Monte Carlo SS
    1998 Malibu LS
    1993 Corsica

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

Now that is a damn good looking truck, congratulations on your purchase!

News Contributor Premium Member Envoy4Life's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 606 Posts
    My Ride
    2014 Cadillac ATS

Looks good. I like the wheels and the grille a lot.
    Current:

2014 Cadillac ATS4 3.6L Premium Collection

2006 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4

Past:

2013 Cadillac ATS4 3.6L Premium Collection -> LEMON

2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ V6

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) Uzzy's Avatar
    Thanks

A beautiful truck. Similar (though newer) to my own, that I just sold...oh, I guess I should change my avatar.
    Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
    If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Uzzy.
    'Ich bin ein Detroiter'

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Buckley, president of CAW Local 222
    General Motors is the enemy, brothers and sisters

Thanks

Congrats on your new truck!
    2014 Chevrolet Silverado
    2013 Honda Odyssey
    2005 Chevrolet Malibu

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information