Question about GM card earnings

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about GM card earnings

Thanks

Question about GM card earnings

My original post http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...ard-81165-new/

Wondering if I can get a sales person to answer my questions.

Is it true all earnings are redeemable on all cards thru 6/30?

Does the model being purchased make a differance?
    Last edited by eastcoasthd; 06-26-2009 at 08:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC delawaremonte's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Question about GM card earnings

There are restrictions depending on what card you have with any kind of special pricing. The only card you can use with a GM Employee deal or GM Supplier deal is a Extended Family Card. The other cards can be used to their maxed out amount, as far as I know, on all models as long as your deal is not GMS or GM supplier. Someone correct me if I am wrong
    Union Park Buick GMC Wilmington DE Call Micah Molin with your needs at 302-573-5225

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by delawaremonte View Post
    There are restrictions depending on what card you have with any kind of special pricing.
    Can you explain "special pricing". Does that include incentives?

My Dad purchased a new 2009 HHR 2LT. He received the $1000 total cash + $1500 owner appreciation incentives, plus I think they knocked something off the sticker (not positive) he paid $21,000. Is there any reason he should not have received the "max" amount of $4,000 he had on his GM card?

My Dad told me, the salesman said he could only redeem $1,000 from his earnings on this particular model.

Is there a way to check the card to determine how much was redeemed by the dealer?

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Honda Civic

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthd View Post

My Dad purchased a new 2009 HHR 2LT. He received the $1000 total cash + $1500 owner appreciation incentives, plus I think they knocked something off the sticker (not positive) he paid $21,000. Is there any reason he should not have received the "max" amount of $4,000 he had on his GM card?

My Dad told me, the salesman said he could only redeem $1,000 from his earnings on this particular model.

Is there a way to check the card to determine how much was redeemed by the dealer?
    You can call the GM card customer service line they can tell you what is redeemable on any model. Some people got upgrades on there cards to be able to use all there money some were upgraded. You will get a bonus code and you can take that to a dealer and they will give you the full credit. You dad may have got the credit union discount which is supplier pricing less most rebates. You have to forgive us sales people the rebates are so crazy right now you have to check everything on the computer to see what you can and cant mix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linton23 View Post
    You can call the GM card customer service line they can tell you what is redeemable on any model. Some people got upgrades on there cards to be able to use all there money some were upgraded. You will get a bonus code and you can take that to a dealer and they will give you the full credit. You dad may have got the credit union discount which is supplier pricing less most rebates. You have to forgive us sales people the rebates are so crazy right now you have to check everything on the computer to see what you can and cant mix.
    Thanks for the reply. I'm more confused now

I guess I'll call cust. service see what they have to say.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Honda Civic

Thanks for the reply. I'm more confused now

I guess I'll call cust. service see what they have to say.
    At least if you make a mistake you don't have to eat a $1000 I lost $800 because the credit union was not compatible with the business choice.

Thanks

At least if you make a mistake you don't have to eat a $1000 I lost $800 because the credit union was not compatible with the business choice.

linton, I certainly appreciate you chiming in here to help me out but I'm having a hard time following you.

My Dad paid cash. Not sure why you keep mentioning credit unions?

As far as eating money, is eating $1,000 more of a hardship than not receiving an additional $3,000 off the price of the car? In a way, Isn't my Dad eating $3000?

I feel he got a decent, not great deal on the car. My concern is, did he get screwed out of 3k? Some others have posted he should have been able to apply 100% on his card, in this case 4k. This is what I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Honda Civic

linton, I certainly appreciate you chiming in here to help me out but I'm having a hard time following you.

My Dad paid cash. Not sure why you keep mentioning credit unions?

As far as eating money, is eating $1,000 more of a hardship than not receiving an additional $3,000 off the price of the car? In a way, Isn't my Dad eating $3000?

I feel he got a decent, not great deal on the car. My concern is, did he get screwed out of 3k? Some others have posted he should have been able to apply 100% on his card, in this case 4k. This is what I'm trying to figure out.
    Sorry its a little hard to follow. The credit union program can be cash or finance he just has to be a credit union member in order to buy the car at supplier price. As far as the card some cards and there are several different kinds have limits. Some the original cards do not. Now some customers received in the mail bonus codes that let them 1. get extra money topping them off to $2000 or $3000 or 2. allowing them to use all of there earnings. The dealers do not have this code and its hard to mention it to a customer because lets face it if you dont have the code the customer will get mad. The customer or the dealer can call the GM card help line and they can tell you if the customer has the bonus code and they can tell it to you over the phone. Would your Dad have been mad if they had said well some people get all of there money but you don't? If you dad did not get the bonus code he still has the money on the card he is not screwed out of it. I had a customer who had $4500 on his card. He wanted all of it on an Enclave all he could use was $1000 he got his bonus code last week. Of course it was after we sold all of our Enclaves and Traverse's

Thanks

According to my agreement with the original GM Card, you make your best deal, including all incentives, on any GM vehicle, then whip out all (or as much as you want) of your GM Card bonus money. If I can't do that, I'll be really pissed. Like Glock pissed!!

The original GM Card maxed out at $3000, so if your dad had $4000, chances are it's not the original. Hopefully your dad kept the agreement he received when he first got the card, so you can read it over.

Dealers make mistakes, salesman make mistakes, credit cards make mistakes and computers make mistakes, so it pays to know where you stand before you set foot in a dealership.

Good Luck,

Thanks

Sorry its a little hard to follow. The credit union program can be cash or finance he just has to be a credit union member in order to buy the car at supplier price. As far as the card some cards and there are several different kinds have limits. Some the original cards do not. Now some customers received in the mail bonus codes that let them 1. get extra money topping them off to $2000 or $3000 or 2. allowing them to use all of there earnings. The dealers do not have this code and its hard to mention it to a customer because lets face it if you dont have the code the customer will get mad. The customer or the dealer can call the GM card help line and they can tell you if the customer has the bonus code and they can tell it to you over the phone. Would your Dad have been mad if they had said well some people get all of there money but you don't? If you dad did not get the bonus code he still has the money on the card he is not screwed out of it. I had a customer who had $4500 on his card. He wanted all of it on an Enclave all he could use was $1000 he got his bonus code last week. Of course it was after we sold all of our Enclaves and Traverse's
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsaiko View Post
    According to my agreement with the original GM Card, you make your best deal, including all incentives, on any GM vehicle, then whip out all (or as much as you want) of your GM Card bonus money. If I can't do that, I'll be really pissed. Like Glock pissed!!

The original GM Card maxed out at $3000, so if your dad had $4000, chances are it's not the original. Hopefully your dad kept the agreement he received when he first got the card, so you can read it over.

Dealers make mistakes, salesman make mistakes, credit cards make mistakes and computers make mistakes, so it pays to know where you stand before you set foot in a dealership.

Good Luck,
    Thanks to both of you. This makes things clearer. This all seems to be so much more complicated than it should be. Just another chink in GM's armor IMO.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Honda Civic

Good Luck,
    That's not quite true I have had up to $4200 on what we call an old card. There were several cards and agreements. The only way to tell is to run the card to see.

Thanks

That's not quite true I have had up to $4200 on what we call an old card. There were several cards and agreements. The only way to tell is to run the card to see.
    There were a few incarnations of the GM card, but only one original. Mine is almost 18 years old and I have the agreement that I quoted from. I'll check on Monday with the redemption center, just to make sure nothing has changed, but I think they would've notified me.

There was another, similar card issued a few years after the original, that did have the agreement changed, but that didn't affect mine. That may be what you call the old card, dunno

Thanks
    My Ride
    Pontiac G6X Coupe

I finaly found and bought a carbon black G6 GT Coupe for my girl the other day...I gave them the $3000 top off letter I recieved...I had about 1500 and they added another 1500 to equal the $3000, but when I signed the papers I noticed the GM Points was at $3200, not 3000.

They told me my I had accumulated another 200 dollar points since GM sent the top off letter, GM doesnt lower thier contribution after they send out the top off letters.

2750 owner appreciation certificate
    1250 GM Customer cash
    3200 GM card points (the original card)
    1200 dealer took off the sticker
    _____
    8400 in savings
    plus 3 free oil changes

I am completly satisfied...I just wish she would let me drive it some time...its an awsome little car.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Honda Civic

There were a few incarnations of the GM card, but only one original. Mine is almost 18 years old and I have the agreement that I quoted from. I'll check on Monday with the redemption center, just to make sure nothing has changed, but I think they would've notified me.

There was another, similar card issued a few years after the original, that did have the agreement changed, but that didn't affect mine. That may be what you call the old card, dunno
    The first customer I ever sold with a GM card had well over $3000 on his card. They offered him a card about 2 years after he got it that would earn faster higher % but was capped at $3000. Does your card earn you 3% or 5% the original earned 1%. There has been a few other cards since then I had one the other day called a copper card that the customer could only earn $1000 a year. Like I said there are a lot of card plans. Right now there are 2 options from GM on extra earnings the top off and the use all you have on the card. I have seen more Gm cards this month than the last 2 years. As I said before talk to the GM card center they can tell you if you have the Bonus money some customer have not received the flier yet. To explain the note about losing money. The customer came in to Buy a truck. He got the consumer cash $2000 bonus cash at the time $2000 he was a credit union member so he bought it at supplier. No problem there right he then added a GM card and a Business choice option. Low and behold as never before the business choice was not compatible with the credit union offer. I will have to look at the system but there are ways to block a credit card use one that I know is that about a year after I got my card GM employees could not use the newer cards on a purchase. I know little sympathy for a salesman but I long for the day when I could say to a customer you can get $5000 on this truck plus you credit card money and I don't mean the size of the rebate do you know how hard it is to explain to someone yes I know you saw it on Camaro5 or GMinside that we have a bonus for your card but you did not get one from GM or GM did not mail you a spring car care certificate and I cant give you that.

Thanks

The first customer I ever sold with a GM card had well over $3000 on his card. They offered him a card about 2 years after he got it that would earn faster higher % but was capped at $3000. Does your card earn you 3% or 5% the original earned 1%. There has been a few other cards since then I had one the other day called a copper card that the customer could only earn $1000 a year. Like I said there are a lot of card plans. Right now there are 2 options from GM on extra earnings the top off and the use all you have on the card. I have seen more Gm cards this month than the last 2 years. As I said before talk to the GM card center they can tell you if you have the Bonus money some customer have not received the flier yet. To explain the note about losing money. The customer came in to Buy a truck. He got the consumer cash $2000 bonus cash at the time $2000 he was a credit union member so he bought it at supplier. No problem there right he then added a GM card and a Business choice option. Low and behold as never before the business choice was not compatible with the credit union offer. I will have to look at the system but there are ways to block a credit card use one that I know is that about a year after I got my card GM employees could not use the newer cards on a purchase. I know little sympathy for a salesman but I long for the day when I could say to a customer you can get $5000 on this truck plus you credit card money and I don't mean the size of the rebate do you know how hard it is to explain to someone yes I know you saw it on Camaro5 or GMinside that we have a bonus for your card but you did not get one from GM or GM did not mail you a spring car care certificate and I cant give you that.
    Ok, so my Dad gets a mailing stating his card is being topped off ($2,000). For a total of what he thinks is apprx. $4,000 on his card.

The amount redeemable is dependant on what card he has and or if the car price was at supplier cost ?

I'll have him call GM card cust. serv. to find out exactly what the terms of his card are and how much he could redeem on the particular model.

Thanks again to all for helping me sort this out.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information