anyone work at Onstar (minacs)

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone work at Onstar (minacs)

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

anyone work at Onstar (minacs)

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone here works at Onstar (minacs)?

I'm asking cause Im just done College, ive got a diploma in Business Admin-Marketing and I'm looking for a new job. We have an Onstar office here in Oshawa and they are hiring. I just wanted to know what they pay and how in general people are satisfied with their job?

Im looking at Onstar because it's close to my house (less gas used) and I can get a GM discount out of it.

Jacob

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Banned
    Thanks

Re: anyone work at Onstar (minacs)

From what I heard they don't pay much, but it's always worth a shot. Shoot them your resume and see how it pans out.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

If I do apply there it will not be for a job that is for a candidate out of high school. I'am looking for a sales/marketing job that will give me a start/experience in my career. That will probably give me more money.

-Jacob

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Just apply. You can ask them all the questions you want during the interview and decide if you want the job at that point.

When I was young I only applied for jobs that I wanted and knew I would accept if I was offered. Now I will apply for things just out of curiosity and decline the offer if I don't like the terms of the job.

I have also found that I get betters offers for pay/bennifets when they feel that I am "considering them" as much as they are "considering me."
    The fastest way to kill a thread is a direct injection of verifiable facts.

Thanks

Start here.
    http://www.gm.com/company/careers/job/onstar_jobs.html

I can't see them needing Sales people, but the need all the Marketing help they can get.
    Find me at: Motor Gnomes
    Follow me on Twitter at: Motor Gnomes1

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

Wife works at Minacs here in Oshawa doing OnStar. She has been there for 4 yrs ( since opening ) and for the most part likes the Job. I think pay starts at about $11.50 - $13 /hr range for new hires and depending on job. Full benefits included. New hires will likely get the crappy hours...Place runs 24/7/365...Very high turn over with employees...Either getting let go or folks quiting.

Good Luck

Regards

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar steverino's Avatar
    Thanks

Go for it. Even if it's not the marketing position you are looking for you'll gain valuable experience of going through the interview process which may help when applying for a job that may be the one for you
    What, Me worry - Alfred E. Neuman

Thanks

I work for Minacs, but at their soon-to-be-only call center in the USA (ATX). I'm in the Dealer Business Center though and not Onstar. For the most part, around here it's not a bad place to work. I deal with dealers however, and not customers, so it's a little different for me. I'd say go by there and see what you think. We get the GM Supplier Discount, not the employee discount....however they're similar I believe.
    To be honest, the pay isn't anything to write home about. I don't know if you're going to get the pay that you want, because the company usually promotes internally.
    Last edited by tamatt27; 07-28-2007 at 09:55 AM.
    GM: 'Meet the new boss....same as the old boss!'

Walking
    Thanks

so tam are basically the person i talk to when a call tech assist

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toddmarley
    Wife works at Minacs here in Oshawa doing OnStar. She has been there for 4 yrs ( since opening ) and for the most part likes the Job. I think pay starts at about $11.50 - $13 /hr range for new hires and depending on job. Full benefits included. New hires will likely get the crappy hours...Place runs 24/7/365...Very high turn over with employees...Either getting let go or folks quiting.

Good Luck

Regards
    I've had a couple friends who work/worked for Minacs in Oshawa as well, and both go to Durham College... One's been there for well over a year, and one didn't last a month... They hire often for their callcentres, but I haven't heard anything higher than that... Like tamatt27 said, promotions usually run internally... If you do want to work their, you might be in it for a bit of a long haul before you get your desired position

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gumby
    so tam are basically the person i talk to when a call tech assist
    I'm not sure which tech assist you're referring to. I work at the Dealerworld/ACCESS and GM Autobook helpdesk (prompts 1 or 2). There's the TSC helpdesk (which supports the hardware side of the ACCESS server, prompt 1,2,2) or Techline (where you call to get VCI #'s and such, prompt 3).
    GM: 'Meet the new boss....same as the old boss!'

Walking
    Thanks

I was just offered a job working for Convergys/Onstar in Warren, MI. $10 an hour is BS! I used to make $20 2 years ago! Plus they want you to train and work at night! BS!!! Good luck getting quality seasoned customer service folks!

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Honda Civic

Quote Originally Posted by MIbootman View Post
    I was just offered a job working for Convergys/Onstar in Warren, MI. $10 an hour is BS! I used to make $20 2 years ago! Plus they want you to train and work at night! BS!!! Good luck getting quality seasoned customer service folks!
    Thats like the story I saw about the collage graduate. He was done with school 2 years ago and still no job. He had just turned down a 40K a year job because it had no future. In today's market be glad you have one and dont think there is not 100 people will to take a job for $10.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar sonjaab's Avatar
    Thanks

LINTON......I read that too! Poor kid.........Mom and dad and grandparents paid his way aNd hes a lazy BUM sniveling cause he can only make 40k to start!
    Not to mention start at the bottom............
    Stupid moron has NO practical experience in his chosen field yet wants to start at the top for top dollar !!!!!!!! What a tool !!!!!!!!!

This is TYPICAL on the "me first" youth of today.......................

Todays job market is tough and you can't be too choosey!

BUT O'bummer will save us as promised ! (sic)

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jb1986_GM View Post
    If I do apply there it will not be for a job that is for a candidate out of high school. I'am looking for a sales/marketing job that will give me a start/experience in my career. That will probably give me more money.

-Jacob
    Sadly, sales and marketing will not be out of Oshawa, but in Detroit. Oshawa is only a call centre.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information