GM Inside News Forum banner

Want $2000 in Rebates for the 2015 Camaro Z/28?

5K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  rjwz28 
#1 ·

GM Putting $2,000 on Hood of 2015 Camaro Z/28
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2015/05/gm-putting-2000-on-hood-of-2015-camaro-z28/

Just after the 2016 Camaro was introduced at Belle Isle last weekend, General Motors upped incentives on the current generation car.

The best part? The General has placed the highest incentive amount directly on the hood scoop of the 2015 Camaro Z/28.

According to CarsDirect, General Motors has combined two incentive offers: a $1,000 rebate that applies to all Camaros and an additional $1,000 specifically for Z/28. If you are leasing a non-GM vehicle, an additional $500 can be applied.

The car shopping website says the rebate might be due to the Z/28’s availability – currently there are more units in the wild than its supercharged brother, the ZL1 – and limited appeal due to being a manual-only affair with few creature comforts.

While Camaro has typically outsold Ford Mustang since 2010, this year the bowtied offering is struggling to keep up with the blue oval pony car.

See less See more
#3 ·
It's going to be a looong year for the Camaro, with Mustang doubling it at 12k versus 6k units... I know that's part of the ebb and flow of models, but it's certainly an ebb for the Camaro. And with some fantastic improvements on their way, I don't see the current model doing much better than it currently is, even with incentives.

#7 ·
Ford has definitely come to play this time around. GM is going to have to step it up.

#14 ·
I agree. The cheapest new 2015 on Autotrader right now is $69k; several months ago, new 2014s were being fire-sold under $60k. We may see the same thing this fall if Z/28 stock remains bloated once the 6th-gen starts hitting lots

#17 ·
I don't think the rebate will have any impact on the sales of the car. I think the problem is that people don't want to spend that kind of money on the current car when the "new and improved" model is just around the corner. It's different when you are selling something special rather than a normal product.

#19 ·
I guess that there is any incentive at all on the Z28 shows you that it's not moving that fast (at least off of the lots).

So now it will be $73K instead of $75K? If anything, they should have limited production even more than they did.

You burn through the 'gotta have it' guys pretty quickly at those prices.

#28 ·
I sure hope not

I didn't like it when GM combined the Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 to give us the 2015 Z06 (as kickass as it is) and I hope they don't do the same thing with the Z/28 and ZL1... when you build one car to be all things to all people, the result tends not to be as good as it would be if focus was concentrated in one particular area

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.