GM Inside News Forum banner

GM's Maven Already Moving Quickly

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  sfbreh 
#1 ·
GM's Car and Ride-Sharing Pilot Projects Are Off to a Quick Start
The Street
Doron Levin

With only 11 weeks under their belt, General Motors' (GM - Get Report) vehicle and ride-sharing pilot projects are off to a fast start.

About 5,000 residential customers have signed up in New York City to share GM cars for a monthly fee that includes a concierge service through OnStar, GM's communications network that connects subscribers to the automaker. They can reserve cars through an app on their phone.

GM will station up to 35 vehicles in 20 locations in Ann Arbor, Mich., in a second pilot. A third initiative makes GM cars available at attractive rates to Lyft drivers, the rate decreasing as the number of rides they complete increase. GM invested $500 million in Lyft in January. All three pilots operate under the name "Maven," a Yiddish word that means "expert."
More continued at link above

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice to see.

GM should have a program up and going in California though, do you really need a pilot program in Michigan? (a state GM is already strong in)

like I mentioned in a comment yesterday, GM needs to start gaining a foothold on the coasts. I like the fact that the program is taking off on the east coast (New York) but I would like to see it thriving out west as well. The more people on the coasts you can expose to GM product the better.

why "Maven" though? trying to catch on with all the Jewish people in NYC?

#4 ·
Never heard of a fashion maven? Or heard the word maven used in any context ever? As far as Jews go, more Jews probably live in Scarsdale and the rest of Westchester/North Jersey than NYC itself. Have to look at the figures, but Scarsdale is just a giant Star of David when you find it on a map.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.