GM Inside News Forum banner

GMI Exclusive: Camaro Convertible Caught!

14K views 67 replies 46 participants last post by  isszy 
#1 · (Edited)
GMI Exclusive: Camaro Convertible Caught
GMI Member catches eight Camaro Convertibles
www.gminsidenews.com
August 26, 2009
By: Tony Pimpo

GMI Member isszy has captured pictures of eight pre-production 2011 Camaro Convertibles at the Holden plant in Fisherman's Bend, Australia. The examples caught appear to be of left hand drive models and nearly production ready. The Camaro Convertible was slated to launch this year, debuting quickly following the coupe. However, the financial crisis and resulting bankruptcy put the program on hold as only core models pressed forward. The program has since been resumed, with launch on track for model year 2011. Thanks to isszy for taking these pictures and sharing them with us!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
OMG They look Amazing! GM has done a wonderful job at designing a very attractive roof line. though we have seen photos for quite some time of the Convertible, I've always been very pleased they didn't go the hardtop route. I'm an old school ragtop man and love the look of a jet black sail cloth convertible top. I know they'll have an eye poping price though. I wonder how much a Manual V-6 with the RS package with the black racing stripes prices out at? I'd better start saving now.

#9 ·
Which was actually a good looking convertible.

I think these look great, but I hope they do add black tops. This is the next car my parents are waiting for (Midnight Blue RS Convertible).

#48 ·
Quote of the day... :lmao:

#25 ·
Hey guys, I am definitely a member here and they were posted here first. I had a quick look at the responses at Camaro5. Here are some answers to their questions. Firstly, the red car is a Hyundai Excel not a Mustang. Secondly, the car at the end has a black roof, it is not an optical illusion.

I have another question - how does Photobucket store photos ? It would appear I have deleted the highres versions of the photos from my camera, so what is on Photobucket is all I have.

#47 ·
Wrong colour though...

I tried to get a pic of the next model Berlina I could see too, but this was the best I could do:

#41 ·
Funny looking at the comments on Camaro5 and Autoblog. Autoblog is mostly positive about the lokos, Camaro5 is mostly negative.

#44 ·
I posted to Autoblog to ask them to change the source from Camaro5 to GMInsidenews - we'll see what happens.

The internet is an amazing thing - these photos are now on over 100 sites in less than 24 hours...

#49 ·
#51 ·
Great work Isszy

#53 ·
They look straight, but something should have been done about that serious blind spot on the sail panels, especially on the coupe. I've heard numerous people complaining about it already.
Put the top down... problem solved.

#54 ·
Hmmm...a triple black Camaro vert would be hot. :dro:

#55 · (Edited)
They seem to have kept the coupe's lines pretty much intact. Very nice.

Still wouldn't buy one though. Nothing against it, I just don't like convertibles much.

As for the blind spots--you get used to them. My '93 has some pretty serious blind spots too, but it's only really bad when you're backing up. On the road it's no big deal. Learn to adjust your mirrors properly and blind spots can be all but eliminated. Here's what you do.

First, sit in your driver's seat like you normally would. Now lean to the left until your head just touches the driver's side window. Now adjust the driver's side mirror until you can just barely see the back end of the car. Now straighten up, and lean to the right the same distance you leaned to the left. Now adjust the passenger side mirror until you can just barely see the back end of the car. Now straighten up. Cars in your rear mirror, as they're passing you, should go from your rearview mirror to your side mirror, and from your side mirror to the corner of your vision, just about seamlessly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.