GM Inside News Forum banner

GM Buys Back Broken Bolt

5K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Oldsmobile stopped 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Michael, thank you for reporting the facts without trying to pass judgement or over-generalize from the problems associated with this car.

IMO, when you make any sufficiently complex machine over and over again 10s to 100s of thousands of times, a few of the copies will have problems. The real test is how the company stands behind those products. Kudos to GM for doing the right thing here to satisfy the buyer. Also happy to hear the owner agrees, and has already bought another Bolt!

#5 ·
No apostrophe in Paynes, plural.

So if you don't like a blank stare and flat affect, try one of Spicer's pressers.
You'd probably like riding with him more. I think he's a speeder. His car seems real quiet.

BTW, what's with three lanes including one HOV lane becoming ONE merge lane? Where is that, Boston or something?

If he posted that vid to facebook, that MAY have had something to do with GM's treatment of him. Pardon my cynicism. :yup:

Reactions: GM Insider News
#8 ·
There was a major fubar at launch, almost every unit was getting "re-worked" if there was only one to go haywire (and I'd be surprised), I think GM can call it a win!

Sounds like the guy went through quite an ordeal, my Cruze is already back (yes back) in the shop, 2nd time in 2,500 miles! :tdown::

#19 ·
Besides the engine issue, the damn interior light right above my head rattles and it drives me bonkers. I've tried everything to stop it, even looking into it from the top through the sunroof gap. Just appears to be a poor design.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with mine. I guess they had a few years to get it right compared to your redesign. I guess I just got unlucky with the engine issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.