GM Inside News Forum banner

Confirmed: GMC Canyon Denali

10K views 93 replies 48 participants last post by  BahamaTodd 
#1 ·
Denali All the Things: GMC Canyon Denali on the Way.
Car & Driver
October 12, 2015
By: Erik Johnson

It’ll be like the truck above, except with a perforated grille, a bunch of chrome, and a higher price tag. That’s right: a Denali version of the GMC Canyon mid-size pickup is coming. While the luxury-oriented version of the Canyon has been spied undergoing testing, we recently spoke with representatives of the brand, who intimated that the Denali will be added as part of the truck’s midcycle update.

A zooty small(er) pickup? It actually makes sense, given what GMC told us. There’s roughly a $10,000 trim-to-trim price difference between the Canyon and its bigger brother, the Sierra, which leaves plenty of room for a Denali to exist, GMC said. It also says that the Denali brand alone outsells the entire lineups from automakers like Porsche and Land Rover.

Add that to the fact that some 23 percent of all GMCs sold this year were Denalis, and there’s some serious money to be made in such a truck—especially for a brand that claims higher transaction prices than any other one outside the pure-luxury realm. And so Denali is go.

See less See more
#6 ·
I agree. I wish they'd do more than just a trim package. That's why I don't really like the Acadia and Terrain Denali all too much. IMHO they diluted the name with them. A V8/MRC package would be sweet on the Denali.

I agree with the second part of your post as well. The Colorado should get a High Country version.

Personally I'd rather the twin turbo 3.6 be an option. Anyways great news for these trucks, if only they could make a lot more of them all.
LF3 was my first thought as well, but wouldn't it be a bit too overkill?

If they do go the TTV6 route, I'd like to see the newer 3.0TT (LGW) instead.

#13 ·
100% but not just in the Denali version. Those options should be available in most trim packages!!!
The lack of sunroof is actually mind numbing. My cousin wanted a Colorado but didn't pull the trigger due to lack of a sunroof. He's waiting to check the new Tacoma...hey GM, I tried to give you a Toyota guy and you lost a sale for a really dumb decision on your part.

#20 ·
V8, TT-V6, or V6 Diesel would be cool as a Denali exclusive. Push button start, leather-suede seating w/contrasting stitching, heated-cooled seats. It's needs something that is Denali exclusive.

Does anyone know if there is a 6-cylinder variant of the new 4-cylinder Duramax that could be used?

#22 ·
It's a no-brainer to have more power for the Denali, I don't care what engine, just more power. I agree with the above, hands off the Cadillac exclusive engines.

23% of all GMC sales are Denali? Amazing. People complain that GM doesn't directly compete with Jeep, but I think that is ok as GM has GMC/Denali. It's different than Jeep, but just as important in its own way.

#40 ·
Lowrider would be something Id love to have also,,
Small 4.8 v8 like I have in my 08 Silverado is plenty powerful,,it wont happen for a long time though,until unless sales slow way down..if ever

#35 · (Edited)
It just came out in 2015. Why change it so soon? As much as I might like some headlight tweaks soon, I have a feeling that at will be a few years before an MCE for the Colorado/Canyon. Despite the article, the minor touches to the Denali's appearance don't justify calling it an MCE. And, if the body doesn't have any changes but new tech joins, I don't call that an MCE.

#43 ·
I'd like to see a truck engine in there myself, or at least a truck tune that's not copied directly from car applications. The 4.3 or 5.3 would be ideal of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.