GM Inside News Forum banner

Cadillac XTS Shows Off New Booty

15K views 108 replies 55 participants last post by  johnstarnes 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I am a fan of the horizontal light treatments. I am glad Escala themes are going to start making it into production models. I think from this point we can now start judging the effects and direction that JDN is taking Cadillac.

View attachment 39138
I love the treatment on the XT5 and CT6. Doesn't look as nice on the CTS.

My problem with the XTS is the front drive proportions. They did a good job with the styling over than that.

#6 ·
I really don't like how Cadillac will apparently be doing it's headlights. Vertical or horizontal - pick one.

Personally, I feel the "stacked" or vertical headlights is a traditional Cadillac styling cue. I'd go with that.

#15 ·
The problem with the XTS appearance was never the nose or tail. I love the new taillights but find the 3D truck lid strange, and the front end was better before IMO. As always though you can never really tell until you see them in person.

It'll continue to print money, that much we can be sure.

#20 ·
I like it - hints of both Escala and Elmiraj in the design.

#25 ·
Meh. Really not crazy about those headlights... though I don't like the little tear running down the outer headlights on these cars anyways, this takes it a bit too far. I don't like that big dead spot now formed on the inner corner of each headlight, it looks like something is missing. And it looks like a nice area to accentuate the rock chips that will accumulate there.

Taillights are interesting. Not really natural with the way it curves under... it might look cool if they connected them.

I guess it's more visually interesting than the last one, so I guess it's better. Still doesn't eliminate the bubble look I've always thought these bodies had. But then again, I'm not the target audience for this car. Nor Cadillac at all anymore.

#26 ·
I don't like the little tear running down the outer headlights on these cars anyways
I love it.
Most cars look pretty much the same coming at you. But I can instantly spot a Cadillac coming at me from blocks away.

#32 ·
Looks to similar to the CT6 now (clear pics Sfbreh posted)...

Looks a million times better, but still awkward. Isn't this pretty close to the CT6 with interior volume and pricing? I struggle with that...

Why would you buy one over the other? Though if I were buying I wouldn't even look at the XTS because of its awkwardness, but if the design doesn't bother you, how do you pick one over the other?

#37 ·
Thats why I laugh when Folks say the impala is the same or better. Dealers aren't ordering that many base CT6s so there is a significant difference between a discounted XTS and a CT6 with light incentives.

#39 ·
It looks better! The wider grill and the use of more horizontal elements around the front makes it look less awkward. The headlights and the design of the grill have several similarities with those of the XT5.

I like the back shapes, I think they make it look more sophisticated.

The XT4 will also have horizontal elements in the rear illumination:

#40 ·
I showed it to the wife and she loves it.
Her favorite Cadillac had a "different" rear decklid as well... the 1980 Seville.

Can't wait to see one rockin' a sweet simcon and Vogues! :Club:

Reactions: johnstarnes
#41 ·
I really love what I'm seeing with the XTS. I'm really loving the way Cadillac integrated the new design elements into this car. I'm totally in love with the rear and its definitely one of the most distinctive Cadillac has put out in years. Hopefully the interior follows a CT6 design theme though honestly it was already pretty great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.