3.8 series II supercharged upgrades - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.8 series II supercharged upgrades

Walking
    Thanks

Re: 3.8 series II supercharged upgrades

i personaly like www.intense-racing.com for my parts. they are a great group of guys.

2004 impala indy ss,tog headers,1.90 roller rockers,ls6 valve springs,intense 3.2 & 3.4 modular pullies , intense racing pcm,thrasher c.a.i.,intense shiftpack, zz performance high flow throttle body, 3/4'' tb spacer,zzp poly motor mounts,u-bend delete,resinator delete, magnaflow mufflers,autolite 103 racing plugs and 180* t-stat.

coming intense intercooler & 3.0 pulley

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

A local guy here is running a turbokit that replaces the S/C, I think he is running low boost as he is not I/C at the moment. IIRC he is running mid 12's while others with the kit are dipping into the 11's

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

i havent done much with mine but then again my car is an slp gtx model

3.2 pulley
    magnusson nose on supercharger (ported-polished)
    slp-gtx functional ram air hood with cold air intake
    reprogrammed ecm from slp
    slp 1.6 rollers
    slp exhaust

only gets about 345 hp but runs low 13's to mid 13's everytime and about the tranny problems most people do high mileage trans flushes bad idea just need regular services and your tranny will provide i have 163,xxx on mine and still shifts beautifully but then again i do services every 5,000-10,000 miles im paranoid lol

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

also the 2005 3800 is a series 3 motor rated at 260 hp

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 chev454ls's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GPGTX
    Due to a more efficient supercharger I believe.
    '97 GTP
    '65 Impala Convertible

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar dav305z's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GPGTX
    Of course, torque management pretty much negates this power increase.

"The movement you need is on your shoulders" - Paul McCartney

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dav305z
    Of course, torque management pretty much negates this power increase.
    easy solution for this. a reflashed pcm.

2004 impala indy ss,tog headers,1.90 roller rockers,ls6 valve springs,intense 3.2 & 3.4 modular pullies , intense racing pcm,thrasher c.a.i.,intense shiftpack, zz performance high flow throttle body, 3/4'' tb spacer,zzp poly motor mounts,u-bend delete,resinator delete, magnaflow mufflers,autolite 103 racing plugs and 180* t-stat.

coming intense intercooler & 3.0 pulley

Walking
    Thanks

I have a 98 Ultra i want to put a cone filter on, unfortunately the airbox also houses an engine computer, does anybody know if leaving the box open will damage the computer or what i can do?

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 98Park
    I have a 98 Ultra i want to put a cone filter on, unfortunately the airbox also houses an engine computer, does anybody know if leaving the box open will damage the computer or what i can do?
    No. You can leave part ot the box in place or remove it altogether... tie wrap it in place with a bit of padding underneath or purchase a small tray to mount it in. I think there is actually a GM truck part that works well for mounting it... you could try going to clubgp.com and search for "PCM tray"

Here is my 3800... I polished the SC myself (lot of work!).
    2007 Avalanche, Black LTZ 4x4
    2002 Grand Prix Black GTP, Intercooled

Thanks

You know, you guys wouldn't have to worry about torque management, transmission issues, or shift points, if you install a device called a manual transmission...
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 164k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 90k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455/7.5L, Quadrajet, dual exhaust. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday.

'87 BMW K75. Pichler V1 fairing. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. 3.0L OMC. Restored. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. Twin 327QA's. Basketcase but restoration in progress. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV. 13 hp Honda swap.

6.2 Liter LS3 V8
    Thanks

I have a 2004 Supercharged MC (with 7600 miles) and have been contemplating mods. I have seen the internet sites, such as Thrasher, but have refrained from doing so since the car runs so well. Besides, my wife and I are in our 60's and she does not drive the car since she cannot see over the hood (she claims) which may force me to trade it in for some other vehicle (minivan or SUV) that fits the both of us.
    Otherwise, I would begin with the CAI and a CAT back system then on to the 3.4" pulley since these are the easy changes and do not really affect the motor (versus new heads or exhaust manifolds).
    As usual, GM has no support for these nice cars (GP's and MC's) nor do the mags such as Chevy High Performance (which is only interested in big block Camaros and v-8's exclusively).

Thanks

Bonneville Club (.com) is a great place to read up on performance mods
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 164k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 90k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455/7.5L, Quadrajet, dual exhaust. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday.

'87 BMW K75. Pichler V1 fairing. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. 3.0L OMC. Restored. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. Twin 327QA's. Basketcase but restoration in progress. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV. 13 hp Honda swap.

Thanks

toyota hondaimports
    VIVA PORTUGAL

GMI Staff Member Premium Member GMfan1111's Avatar
    in a undisclosed bunker somewhere in the metro detroit area
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Buick Verano Turbo

personally as someone who has some experience with the series II supercharged its a great motor and its not that difficult to mod. However if you have to change the belts Let a pro do that. Unless your a rocket scientist or someone who is real gifted with engines your going to have one hell of a time rethreading all the belts
    “The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair”

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools".
    - Douglas Adams -

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Smaart Aas Saabr's Avatar
    Thanks

I did play with the belts on a L67 and I thought it was a cakewalk. I mean all ya got to do is move the springy thing, then just slip the belt around and you're done. Just need a decent wrench of some sort to hold the springy thing.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information