New VF Monaro & GTO V8 Coupe - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New VF Monaro & GTO V8 Coupe

GMI Australia Correspondent Premium Member mikmak's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    I'm walkin'!

Re: New VF Monaro & GTO V8 Coupe

Don't forget to post some links so I don't put my foot in it. You would probably need one without the stripes as they stand out as the most photoshopped part of the image.
    Evil begets evil Mr. President. Shooting will only make it stronger.

Follow me on TWITTER!!
    I'm on the YOUTUBES! LoflytKULTURE

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikmak
    Don't forget to post some links so I don't put my foot in it. You would probably need one without the stripes as they stand out as the most photoshopped part of the image.
    Hi guys, I put my back out Saturday so I haven't done much more on these. Been lying on the couch watching TV.

I'd do some chops of fake car bra's being taken off if I could sit at the comp longer.

I'd use the plain Monaro only. Say the mate was a GM public relations guy and took this pic late in the day just before it was loaded back on the truck. That they'd closed off a suburban cul-de-sac to do some shots for future sales brochures.

BTW you'll need to do it soon for it to be believed. I've been approached.

Thanks

My God MonaroSS, you have just blown me away, that black GTO/VF Monaro is so horny - if only Holden would do it........

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 AusCalais's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Holden Caprice 6.0

Well done MonaroSS on becoming a celeb

The photos morph very nicely in the article.

CN CONFIDENTIAL: Pie in the sky

A GTO that would appeal to Americans and Aussies, and why Volvo could appeal to BMW

Whether it's from the www, the latest motor show or the back doors of a carmaker near you, Carsales Network Confidential features the good oil other sources either won't publish, don't care about or don't know. Heard an automotive rumour or new model tip? Then let us know at editor@carpoint.com.au

>> Judge for yourself
    One of the stars of online forum GM Inside News has created design studies for a prospective Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO. The artist, who goes by the moniker 'MonaroSS', has contributed some masterful works to the online debate concerning a Monaro/GTO replacement.

The four impressions feature a standard Monaro, a HSV GTO, and red and black versions of a Pontiac GTO 'Judge'.

All three images combine elements from the forthcoming Chevrolet Camaro (around the 'C' pillar and rear quarter panels) and some styling cues from the VE Commodore ('A' pillar and front quarter panels). In the case of the HSV and the Pontiac iterations, the split grille marks a return to earlier era styling, although the HSV in question was as recent as the VZ ClubSport.

article here
    Last edited by AusCalais; 07-27-2007 at 09:49 PM.

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6
    Thanks

Just so you know MonaroSS Just saw the car show today and at the end of it they appear to have used some of your photoshop pics, while not the ones here, and didn't credit you, not sure if you know about it.

GMI Contributor
    Thanks

Hi AusCalais and Odin,

Just got home. Yes the editor sent me a link to the article early this morning. They had approached me for permission to do a story with my pics as an 'artists illustration'. I said yes but didn't actually know it was more about my pics. I did give them other pics but they didn't mention the Car Show, but then it is owned by the same company. I'll have to see it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bravada
    That said, a few minor comments:

1. The C-pillar seems a bit too light to support the roof, especially given the "hardtop" look (it does require smaller and less substantial B-pillars, so you have to support the roof at the ends primarily)

2. I think the front end is a bit too harsh, I'd prefer a more restrained approach and more "flow".
    Yes I love it too but agree about the C pillar - I tried (using paintbrush, so crude and not post-worthy) pulling it in closer to the front and that brought the downturn of the side windows to within the door glass - just like a HKTG coupe - and I liked it!

Best coupe attempt yet I have to admit though!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1999 Ford Fairmont Wagon

VF 2 door. I want the old Valiant as well so I have a pair!

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

This is a nice chop.

My suggestions:

1. On the rear quarter panel - Instead of a sharp angle of the quarter window from the back of the door to the rear, maybe a curved line (almost like the rear of the dodge charger). Or if it looks to wierd....you see that body line that comes over the front fender flare? It needs to be straight down the length of the car, IMO. Might look cool with an angled door window appearance? It should appear to continue straight to the rear top corner of the decklid. It would bring the quarter window down some and straighten out the angles.

2. That triangular front bumper fog light assembly (found on the HSV, I belive) - move it lower underneath the front bumper line.

3. The back part of the corner lights - curve the back end so that if follows the contour line of the fender flare.
    Last edited by sa_seahawker; 08-18-2007 at 02:18 AM.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information