Holden Volt Wins Drive.com COTY Green Innovation Award for 2012

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holden Volt Wins Drive.com COTY Green Innovation Award for 2012

GMI Staff Writer Premium Member BBDOS CV8's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Holden Monaro (Barbados)

Holden Volt Wins Drive.com COTY Green Innovation Award for 2012

GM Holden Press Release

December 7 2012

Holden’s new long range electric car, the Holden Volt has been given the Green Innovation Award in the Drive Car of the Year Awards.

Already an award-winning car around the globe, Volt was the unanimous winner of the award, as judged by Drive’s panel of motoring experts.

Dubbed the long range electric car, the Holden Volt features unique range extension technology that offers an electric range of up to 87 kilometres that can be extended to a total range of over 600 kilometres through an on board petrol generator that maintains the charge in the battery, to keep you going.

Unlike some other electric cars, Volt recharges from a regular household socket and costs as little as a cup of coffee for a full charge.

Holden Marketing Manager for Small, Medium and Electric Cars, Emma Pinwill said Volt has won a legion of fans around the world, and is fast making its impact on Australian consumers.

“Holden Volt’s innovative and game-changing approach to sustainable motoring really resonates with consumers, which is why we chose Volt to spearhead our recent brand advertising campaign,” she said.

“Itis already a proven world-beater and has won numerous awards internationally for its advanced technology propulsion, so it’s exciting to see Volt acknowledged by Australian motoring experts as well.

“Volt really is a no compromise electric vehicle. It offers a truly unique driving experience with a cutting edge user interface system and active safety features which are new to the Holden line-up.”

View Drive’s assessment of the Holden Volt
    About Volt The Holden Volt is now on sale. A game-changing electric vehicle (EV) with extended-range capability it can recharge in less than six hours via a regular household outlet (10A charge). It has an electric range of up to 87km and with its petrol generator, has a combined range of more than 600km.
    To view video of how Volt works visit:
    http://holdenhq.com.au/holden-volt-how-it-works/
    Last edited by BBDOS CV8; 12-07-2012 at 05:48 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Holden Volt Wins Drive.com COTY Green Innovation Award for 2012

Great news!!

Thanks

But how is that possible? This award is from Drivel.com after all and apparently they hate all Holden vehicles.

Nice work GM, thoroughly deserved. The Volt is great theory put into practice. Now let's work on the rest of the range.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 VS Ute 5Litre's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 SX Holden Captiva Diesel

"Motoring experts"

What a laugh

They are experts at surfing the net and copy and pasting stories from the UK and the US (mainly) then somehow atributing them to Australia

Their "review" of the Volt was so damn anti Holden it wasnt funny but in the end they reluctantly had to give it an accolade because the Prius and Leaf were so damn unimpressive

Still laughing at the term "Motoring Expert"
    She’s got four a colour, four a clear
    She’s lookin’ better year by year
    And unlike you tonight she’s riding low

So baby its goodbye
    You could never get me high
    Like when I light the nitro on my
    HQ454 Monroe

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks

Depending on how you drive a Volt, you could see upwards of 1,000 miles (1600 km) per gallon on a tank of petrol. Jay Leno traveled over 11,000 miles on his first tank of gas, and a couple of local drs are having a contest to see how can go the farthest on a tank, currently above 1100 miles per gallon.
    The American-made Volt is a revolutionary product that may change perceptions of GM and electric vehicles.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Show-Me View Post
    Depending on how you drive a Volt, you could see upwards of 1,000 miles (1600 km) per gallon on a tank of petrol. Jay Leno traveled over 11,000 miles on his first tank of gas, and a couple of local drs are having a contest to see how can go the farthest on a tank, currently above 1100 miles per gallon.
    The American-made Volt is a revolutionary product that may change perceptions of GM and electric vehicles.

It wouldnt matter where it was made it would still be a revalation though wouldnt it

So baby its goodbye
    HQ454 Monroe

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FG Falcon Utility

Quote Originally Posted by VS Ute 5Litre View Post
    "Motoring experts"

What a laugh

They are experts at surfing the net and copy and pasting stories from the UK and the US (mainly) then somehow atributing them to Australia

Their "review" of the Volt was so damn anti Holden it wasnt funny but in the end they reluctantly had to give it an accolade because the Prius and Leaf were so damn unimpressive

Still laughing at the term "Motoring Expert"
    Drive.com.au are the biggest Holden apologists going, this should have been a walkover victory to holden

WTF? didn't Holden guys send this month's "Advertising" cheques or something?

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 RedVee8's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 VEII SV6 "Chlorophyll"

You're kidding. They've been on a Mazda, VDub, Hyundai love fest since they could no longer glorify Toyotas & Hondas with a straight face.
    Current Holdens.
    VH Commodore Vacationer 253 V8; AH Astra CDX 1.8; VEII Commodore SV6 3.6sidi.
    [I]plus[I] U12 Nissan Pintara SuperHatch.
    Previous Holdens.
    69 HT Kingswood 186; 75 HJ Premier 202; 77 TC Gemini; 85 JD Camira SL/E 1.8i; CG06 Captiva LX 3.2V6, CG09 Captiva LX 3.2V6

Keep Holden On.

St George Illawarra, Mudgee Dragons

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee8 View Post
    You're kidding. They've been on a Mazda, VDub, Hyundai love fest since they could no longer glorify Toyotas & Hondas with a straight face.
    Exactly

They can't even post a positive Ford story

So baby its goodbye
    HQ454 Monroe

Thanks

I don't know what you lot are on about. That "review" was more a summary of the contenders and didn't go into any depth. And in the actual review the points down for the Volt are well documented.

I think you'll find that the reality is that there aren't that many glowing reviews of Holden cars anywhere at the moment. I don't think it has much to do with bias. And who would have thought that when companies pump out good cars they get fawned upon by the publications. Does anyone remember the days of the respective Barina and Astra SRis and when the VE Commodore was released? They won everything.

Thanks
    My Ride

Holden Does have good cars thats the point

So baby its goodbye
    HQ454 Monroe

6.2 Liter LS3 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FG Falcon Utility

Exactly

They can't even post a positive Ford story
    Every time there's not a positive Holden story, Drive's site hits go down,
    that's why they sink the boot into Ford because that what their readers want
    We've had years and years of negative Falcon is being replaced with Taurus stories
    even though Ford keeps confirming Falcon to at least 2016 even though new Taurus
    is out in 2015, no one seems to notice the lies spilling forth..... no one even cares anymore..

Volt is a good car, it deserves to win awards but let's not forget who advertises on these websites
    and how much money they spend...the award is not bought but Drive knows where its funding comes from...
    Last edited by jpd80; 12-08-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    Every time there's not a positive Holden story, Drive's site hits go down,
    that's why they sink the boot into Ford because that what their readers want
    We've had years and years of negative Falcon is being replaced with Taurus stories
    even though Ford keeps confirming Falcon to at least 2016 even though new Taurus
    is out in 2015, no one seems to notice the lies spilling forth..... no one even cares anymore..

Volt is a good car, it deserves to win awards but let's not forget who advertises on these websites
    and how much money they spend...the award is not bought but Drive knows where its funding comes from...
    I find it hard to believe what anyone says about Fords local operations beacuse they have been wrong so many times thus far

I don't want them to go beacuse tehy actually make an effort to produce a local engineered product just like Holden does and unlike Toyota which just imports engineering from the US to fit

This is one reason why i don't look forward to future product without input from locals

So baby its goodbye
    HQ454 Monroe

Thanks

Holden Does have good cars thats the point
    Holden has mediocre to average cars compared to the competition. Holden has models that do the job but don't excel in any way. That's why they don't get great reviews. That's why neither the Barina or Barina Spark were even nominated for Car of The Year let alone being in the first cull. It's in a rut and needs the next gen vehicles stat. The Volt is a great car with great tech but the price of it is beyond what I think is a realistic price and is it's major hurdle. The Prius, while a different type of tech, was never that expensive even at launch.

I get why people call out bias but when Holdens are consistently losing comparos and getting resounding 'mehs' at launch by all media parties and not just Drive, you've got to start thinking that there's more to it. There'd be a case if everyone else was lauding the range as great but Drive were scathing but that's not what's happening.
    Last edited by from oz; 12-08-2012 at 08:02 PM.

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by from oz View Post
    Holden has mediocre to average cars compared to the competition. Holden has models that do the job but don't excel in any way. That's why they don't get great reviews. That's why neither the Barina or Barina Spark were even nominated for Car of The Year let alone being in the first cull. It's in a rut and needs the next gen vehicles stat. The Volt is a great car with great tech but the price of it is beyond what I think is a realistic price and is it's major hurdle. The Prius, while a different type of tech, was never that expensive even at launch.

I get why people call out bias but when Holdens are consistently losing comparos and getting resounding 'mehs' at launch by all media parties and not just Drive, you've got to start thinking that there's more to it. There'd be a case if everyone else was lauding the range as great but Drive were scathing but that's not what's happening.

In YOUR opinion and you know what opinions are like

So baby its goodbye
    HQ454 Monroe

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information