Holden.com 2.0

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  V-Car 
#1 ·
Holden.com 2.0

29 July 2016

Mick McWilliams
GMInsidenews.com
Australia Correspondent

Holden Launches New Website to align the brand direction with new advanced tech available in its latest vehicle

The new site has moved to a much more contemporary design, focussing primarily on large imagery and panels which coincide with a more mobile focussed modern world.

Below the surface, much of the content and pages remain the same aside from a few pics of the new Colorado. You can check out more at the link after the PR blurb;

Holden said:
"Holden’s General Manager – Marketing, Brand and Media Strategy, Emma Pinwill, said the new website reflected where Holden is going as a brand.

“As we continue to implement our brand strategy and show Australia what we stand for as a brand and our values, it’s more important than ever that we demonstrate who we are at the very first touchpoint for our customers – our homepage.”

“Our approach has been 100 per cent driven by our customers – their buying behaviours and preferences, and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Our customers have said ‘this is not what I think of when I think of Holden’ and, ‘I didn’t expect this from Holden’, confirming we’re on the right track as we challenge perceptions of our brand and do things differently.

“The design and interactivity of the new website site also reflects Holden’s ongoing focus on technology, connectivity, our digital platforms and connecting with our customers. With phone projection technology standard in a number of Holden models including the Spark, Insignia and soon to be launch Holden Colorado, smart phone connectivity is now part of everyday life. Our customers expect their vehicles and on-line experiences to integrate seamlessly – Holden is committed to providing that.

“With Apple CarPlay and Android Auto proving such a popular feature in many of our models, it’s important that our on-line touchpoints are just as advanced and easy to use,” said Ms Pinwill.

“Our customers are immersed in the on-line and digital world so that’s where Holden is, too. We are focused on delivering authentic and engaging content across all our digital channels, from the website, to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. In fact, our 2015 ‘Let Life In’ Cascada Instagram campaign exceeded all Nielsen online ad benchmarks, driving significant lifts in all key brand metrics. It proved to be one of the most successful automotive brand campaigns run on Instagram globally.”
What we find most strange, is that in environment where Holden fans are in fear of losing their brand when the doors close at Elizabeth, why would you name your campaign Holden.com 2.0, essentially removing even the country code from equation. :confused: Perhaps it's a move to a more global feel.

Nonetheless, the new page looks better and is markedly more mobile friendly. Do you like it?

Leave your feedback below...

HOLDEN.COM.AU

See less See more
#6 ·
Once Commodore is done, a lot of buyers will also be done with Holden.

That is not the case at Ford where many Falcon buyers have transitioned to Ranger and Territory,
those Territory buyers will be split between Territory's two replacements - Everest and Edge.

#7 ·
But there is a new Commodore coming, isn't there?

Our customers have said ‘this is not what I think of when I think of Holden’ and, ‘I didn’t expect this from Holden’, confirming we’re on the right track as we challenge perceptions of our brand and do things differently.
Well the new, different and unexpected "Commodore" will be comfortably outsold by both VW Golf and Camry. Who would have thought...

#8 ·
I would say removing the country code isn't the issue. Most sites and companies don't use it. I would say calling everything 2.0 is a problem. From what I have seen most are not happy with what they think the direction of the brand will be going forward. I would think anchoring it in the past would be better given the negative image at the moment.

#11 ·
OK, this thread motivated me to go and reset my password it annoyed me so much.

Removing the country code is a huge issue. While the US might see .com as global, the rest of the world sees .com as American. As well, Australia is very proud and protective of its .com.au suffix, as every other country uses .co.xx such as .co.uk and .co.nz. Inside Australia, .com.au is instantly recognisable as a company that has a substantial presence in Australia.

Some companies who don't have an Australian domain will 'fake' it, by using .com/au.

The 2.0 is just dumb. The removal of the .au is a slightly deeper cut than normal in the death of 1000.

#10 ·
Is there a separate site? When I Google Holden it comes up with both Holden.com.au and holden .com but when I select the latter the website comes up as holden.com.au.

Also it shows "new Colorado" with a sedan outline. Should that have been labeled "new Commodore" or was it deliberate to see how many people comment on it?

#12 ·
Just proof that the website designers know nothing about Holden...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.