Shanghai Motorshow: The Buick Park Avenue Debuts

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanghai Motorshow: The Buick Park Avenue Debuts

Thanks

Shanghai Motorshow: The Buick Park Avenue Debuts

Pictures (GM China Stock Photos) from auto.sina.com.cn

I bet its gonna do really well in China:P

Quote Originally Posted by gwwyjjliu
    Just in...the GM China official press release on the Park Avenue

Buick Drives on Park Avenue in China

Shanghai, ChinaShanghai General Motors (Shanghai GM) has introduced the newest member of its Buick lineup, the Park Avenue luxury sedan.

Like the affluent New York City boulevard of the same name, Buick’s Park Avenue is trendy and luxurious. With its range of advanced technologies and high-grade amenities, not to mention a stylish design that conveys a sense of power and passion, it is representative of traditional American luxury sedans.

“The Park Avenue is the perfect blend of tranquility and power,” said Shanghai GM President Ding Lei. “It shows Buick’s ability to move with the times while continuing to leverage our global resources and local knowledge. Designed especially for business leaders and other elites, it is a component of our effort to maintain our leadership position in China by addressing the needs of all of our customers.”

The Park Avenue is the first vehicle available in Asia that takes advantage of GM’s new global rear-wheel-drive architecture. The precise and stable vehicle structure ensures a premium driving experience. At 5,175 mm in length, 1,899 mm in width and 1,480 mm in height, and with an impressive 3,009-mm wheelbase, the Park Avenue also offers a very spacious ride.

The Park Avenue’s genuine leather seats, with eight-way power adjustment for the front seats, are designed to accommodate people of varying sizes. All seats incorporate a massage function. A high-quality entertainment system with LCD panels and an advanced heating, ventilation and air conditioning system offer the relaxation and comfort that one would expect of a luxury sedan. The Park Avenue’s GPS navigation system contains road information for more than 300 cities in China. The Bluetooth mobile phone system is also available.

Like all Buick products, the Park Avenue offers a high level of safety and peace of mind. It is equipped with the GM Local Area Network (GM-LAN) high-speed communication system, which is based on the top-of-the-line 32-bit 500 kb/second engine control system. With a signal transmission speed approaching real time, information flow from various sensors is instantaneous, enhancing efficiency and safety. Further enhancing safety are six intelligent air bags for the driver and passengers.

The Park Avenue is powered by GM’s smooth yet powerful AlloyTec V-6 engine, which accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.8 seconds. The engine control unit features the latest Bosch E77 32-bit ECM processor. With the Remote Engine Start (RES) function, the driver can start the engine up to 20 minutes in advance and within60 meters of the vehicle. The RES function also can adjust the temperature inside the car.

Customers have a choice of two engine displacements. The Park Avenue’s 3.6-liter engine generates maximum output of 187 kW (250 hp) @ 6,500 rpm and maximum torque of 340 Nm @ 3,200 rpm. Its 2.8-liter engine offers maximum output of 150 kW (201 hp) @ 6,000 rpm and maximum torque of 265 Nm @ 3,000 rpm.

Shanghai GM is offering five Park Avenue variants: the 3.6-liter Flagship, which is priced at RMB 498,800; the 3.6-liter Elite, which is priced at RMB 388,800; the 2.8-liter Luxury, which is priced at RMB 458,800; the 2.8-liter Elite, which is priced at RMB 368,800; and the 2.8-liter Comfort, which is priced at RMB 328,800.

General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), the world’s largest automaker, has been the global industry sales leader for 76 years. Founded in 1908, GM today employs about 280,000 people around the world. With global headquarters in Detroit, GM manufactures its cars and trucks in 33 countries. In 2006, nearly 9.1 million GM cars and trucks were sold globally under the following brands: Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, GM Daewoo, Holden, HUMMER, Opel, Pontiac, Saab, Saturn and Vauxhall. GM’s OnStar subsidiary is the industry leader in vehicle safety, security and information services. More information on GM can be found at www.gm.com.
    Last edited by JoeT; 04-27-2007 at 10:48 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Quickening's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Range Rover Evoque

Re: Buick Park Avenue debut before the Shanghai motorshow

O my. That is beautiful. I love the face of these cars and that new interior is awesome! Buick has a home run over there.

2012 Range Rover Evoque, 2013 Cadillac ATS
    Past: 2009 Cadillac CTS, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, 1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D

Thanks

More Pics

Last edited by samkung; 04-10-2007 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks

Every day that goes by, I become more and more embarrassed by GM's car offerings in the United States.

I don't believe GM has the desire to sell something like this in the US. They couldn't do it with STS. They Certainly won't do it with Buick.

2010 Mercedes E350
    2000 Saab 9-5 Aero
    1995 Mercedes C280
    1994 Jaguar XJ6

Uniquely, San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO 2020!! ... LAKE TAHOE 2022!!

Thanks

Thanks
    My Ride
    2014 Black Cadillac ATS 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by mgescuro
    Every day that goes by, I become more and more embarrassed by GM's car offerings in the United States.

I don't believe GM has the desire to sell something like this in the US. They couldn't do it with STS. They Certainly won't do it with Buick.

So sad but soo true. Even if they wanted to bring that over here now they would say it is still 8 years away.. But its coming. Meanwhile we twirl in the wind as usual. GM you have got to give us product like this and faster!

Thanks

Re: Shanghai Motorshow: Buick Park Avenue Debuts

Yup.
    Those new pictures just verify it.

GM's North American offerings are junk!!

Does GM believe we'll continue to buy this in the US or something? Or are they afraid of something???

2010 Mercedes E350
    2000 Saab 9-5 Aero
    1995 Mercedes C280
    1994 Jaguar XJ6

Uniquely, San Francisco

SAN FRANCISCO 2020!! ... LAKE TAHOE 2022!!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Butz's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1998 Cadillac Seville STS

They've actually changed the interior and made it a whole world better!
    Just add ventiports and it would make the perfect Park Ave. for NA, I don't even care anymore if it is imported from Australia or China. I still prefer building it in the USA.

I hope the idiots running GM at Detroit are considering this! **

(**) Sorry about this remark, but GM's recent decision about not bringing the compacts they've shown, and delaying, again, the Zeta Impala pisses me off!

C'mon GM please, don't make me lose faith in you, prove me wrong and bring the Park Avenue back to NA.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) megeebee's Avatar
    Thanks

I am in L O V E with the Holden/ Zeta's, and ESPECIALLY this LWB version. (This is the Caprice in the Middle East, right?)

I wonder if this is the car that was offered to Buick dealers?

"Anyone who says money can't buy happiness doesn't know where to shop!"

-Mrs. Thurston Howell III

Thanks

what site are these from?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC cadillac jack's Avatar
    Thanks

Would be nice if the exterior looked better. The interior is great.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 genjy's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks

Hey! I wonder if Rick and Bob have seen this car? The offerings here in the US sure don't indicate that!!!!!!!!!!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 genjy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper
    Hey! I wonder if Rick and Bob have seen this car? The offerings here in the US sure don't indicate that!!!!!!!!!!
    Of course they have.

Just that U.S. Buick dealers want nothing to do with a Zeta Buick.

Wait... let me use image this again:

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 Ultra Magnus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jkujo
    So sad but soo true. Even if they wanted to bring that over here now they would say it is still 8 years away.. But its coming. Meanwhile we twirl in the wind as usual. GM you have got to give us product like this and faster!
    AMEN! I guess we arent able to understand what great cars are...
    They said it couldn't be done. That is until I did it.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information