NAIAS: Hyundai Teases New Genesis Four-Door Coupe Concept For Detroit, Again

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NAIAS: Hyundai Teases New Genesis Four-Door Coupe Concept For Detroit, Again

GMI Canada Editor Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

NAIAS: Hyundai Teases New Genesis Four-Door Coupe Concept For Detroit, Again

Hyundai Teases New Genesis Four-Door Coupe Concept For Detroit, Again
    Motor Authority
    January 7, 2012
    by Kurt Ernst

Unless you’ve been living in a cave for the past few years, you probably know that the hottest segment among luxury automakers is the four-door coupe. Mercedes has its CLS Class range, Porsche has its Panamera line, Audi has the A7 and S7 and BMW now has its 6 Series Gran Coupe (and M6 Gran Coupe) models. Now, Hyundai has its HCD-14 Concept, due to debut at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show, and previewing the next Genesis sedan--or an addition to its range.

The latest--in the form of two new images and confirmation that the HCD-14 is, in fact, Genesis-related--comes straight from Hyundai's American chief, John Krafcik, via Twitter. In addition to being a Genesis of some sort, the HCD-14 also presages the future design direction of the brand's luxury offerings.

For this year’s Detroit Auto Show, Hyundai is rolling out what clearly looks to be a new four-door coupe design, called the HCD-14, that Hyundai says “offers a glimpse into future Hyundai premium vehicle design, advanced 3-D gesture-based technology controls, and spirited driving dynamics.”

Full article at link.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Re: NAIAS: Hyundai Teases New Genesis Four-Door Coupe Concept For Detroit, Again

Problem I see is the Genesis Coupe is not really your typical coupe it is as if they wanted to make first a quality coupe then decided we needed a Mustang beater but wait we need something for the 370Z.

Thanks

Re: NAIAS: Hyundai Teases New Genesis Four-Door Coupe Concept For Detroit, Again

Can they put the 5.0L Tau V8 in the coupe already
    '07 Subaru Forester 2.5X 5MT. Bought new. 164k miles. '05 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi AWD. Mom bought new. 90k miles. '74 Buick LeSabre Luxus convertible. 455/7.5L, Quadrajet, dual exhaust. '89 Buick Reatta. 3800 SII L67/F40 six speed swap to be completed someday.

'87 BMW K75. Pichler V1 fairing. '87 Kawasaki 650SX. '85 Bayliner Capri 1952. 3.0L OMC. Restored. '71 Chris Craft Coho 33'. Twin 327QA's. Basketcase but restoration in progress. '70? Amphicat 6x6 AATV. 13 hp Honda swap.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar LetsRace's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Grand Prix GT

I see a lot of BMW ??

Thanks
    My Ride
    1997 Supercharged Acura NSX-T

^^ This.

The V8 would give this car the competitive edge it needs. The missing Tau for the V6 price is the real problem.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

I love that profile shot! Look forward to the full reveal since the Sonata is my favorite car styling wise.

Thanks

now that should be the SS....Damn GM Hyundai is getting it together, slowly but surely. I thought the Genesis already had a 4 door, and a coupe. So they are going to have a 4 door sedan, a 4door coupe style genesis, and a regular sport coupe, way to go Hyundai....Good stuff
    IF IT AINT RWD; AND A CHEVY I DONT RIDE IT!!!!!

ALL CHEVY'S NEED TO BE RWD!!!!!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Speedjerk View Post
    ^^ This.

The V8 would give this car the competitive edge it needs. The missing Tau for the V6 price is the real problem.
    I am not so sure, the 5.0L DOHC V-8 is likely a good deal heavier then the 3.8L V-6 engine and as a result would add weight to the front end. I feel that the biggest edge that the Coupe is its handling, IMHO they should improve on what the car does good. Maybe take some weight out of it instead of adding a V-8 engine.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-JAY View Post
    now that should be the SS....Damn GM Hyundai is getting it together, slowly but surely. I thought the Genesis already had a 4 door, and a coupe. So they are going to have a 4 door sedan, a 4door coupe style genesis, and a regular sport coupe, way to go Hyundai....Good stuff
    This kind of fits in with the fact that Hyundai is trying to go more up market, the whole 4 door coupe thing is being done mostly by Luxury car makers. After all Hyundai has a sedan that tops all of the sedans (as far as luxury goes) that Cadillac produces right now.

Thanks
    My Ride
    a car

They will put out a 4 door coupe before Cadillac or Buick

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PHAT-JAY View Post
    They need to start a luxury brand and it needs to be called Genesis. That would be very interesting to see.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burns View Post
    They need to start a luxury brand and it needs to be called Genesis. That would be very interesting to see.
    If Hyundai ever wants to expand their luxury car sales, they will. Within the next 10 years there will be a seperate brand.

Thanks

And where is the rwd Buick sedan to compete with this?

Thanks
    My Ride
    04 GTO 09 G8GT & 15 MustangGT?

Wake me up when it has the 5.0 Tau V8 in it or a turbo 3.8 V6. Until then ..... (snores)

2015 Mustang GT TY A6 (ON ORDER!)
    (2015 Z2RC) Denied by No-Choice Reuss and GM executive dimwits
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT SRM *
    2004 Pontiac GTO IBM/Blue A4 (1 of 369)*
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP*
    1976 Chevy El Camino Classic
    *all 3 Pontiacs purchased new and still owned/driven

RIP Pontiac 4/27/09: Cruelly killed by GM and know-nothings.
    Currently Ignoring: Neanderthal LovelyMoon 2002 Caddy autoplaybook guionM megeebee PearlsRider PhishPhood Suziebob t-rex

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) megeebee's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LetsRace View Post
    I see a lot of BMW ??
    So do I. With Audi A7 in the rear-quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by EJD1984 View Post
    And where is the rwd Buick sedan to compete with this?
    And where's the production version of this Hyundai?
    Last edited by megeebee; 01-08-2013 at 10:36 AM.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information