LAIAS 2012: 2014 Acura RLX

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LAIAS 2012: 2014 Acura RLX

GMI Staff Member Premium Member
    Thanks

LAIAS 2012: 2014 Acura RLX

Acura has finally pulled the wraps off of its flagship sedan in Los Angeles. The midsize sedan boasts large car room and is powered by a brand new 310 horsepower V6 engine with direct injection driving the front wheels with all wheel steering. Higher trim models will sport the new hybrid AWD system dubbed “Sport Hybrid SH-AWD” driven by a 370 horsepower hybrid power train that promises to deliver 30 mpg in the city, highway, and combined. Hit past the jump for full photos and a detailed press release.

Photos and press release at link

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) megeebee's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: LAIAS 2012: 2014 Acura RLX

Acura Finito.

If it weren't for the confusing mess of dips and creases going on across the upper doors, this could be any number of other cars. Infiniti. Hyundai. Cars that are years old now. I don't see this changing Acuras fortunes, at least in this market segment. This car sets the seal, once and for all, on Acuras second tier status.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megeebee View Post
    Acura Finito.

If it weren't for the confusing mess of dips and creases going on across the upper doors, this could be any number of other cars. Infiniti. Hyundai. Cars that are years old now. I don't see this changing Acuras fortunes, at least in this market segment. This car sets the seal, once and for all, on Acuras second tier status.
    Sadly, yeah, the design is a bit boring. The headlamps are cool. The power plenum grill has evolved into a more coherent design. The rest of the car...is boring. And that makes me sad, because I think there's some neat ideas here as far as tech goes.

GMI Europe Correspondent Bravada's Avatar
    Thanks

Umm, what? Why should we care? And how did they manage to have the Lexus ES suddenly get exciting?

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

It does look a bit bland and boring to me also.

Thanks

Asian-generic barge.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

This car is meh exterior-wise.

Interior looks gorgeous and the technology behind it as well. 30 MPG city and highway in the SH-AWD model is impressive.

What's notable is that Acura is placing this up against the 5 Series and A6, despite being the flagship model. And the "estimated starting price of $40,000." The old RL started at $48k.

Can't wait to see what Acura has in store for the TLX, especially if it comes down in price to reflect Acura's new place in the market and features this hybrid AWD power train (with better fuel economy, to boot).
    Last edited by Ammo; 11-29-2012 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks

I don't care for the character lines over the front wheel and on the doors one bit.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar rueben44's Avatar
    Thanks

They call that a flag ship? Really? That center stack is so odd looking but on a good note the wood looks good. That is all that i can say that I like about it.
    2012 Hyundai Veloster
    2008 Ford F150 Regular Cab
    Future car: Cadillac ELR or Tesla Model S

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 majicbz07's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 GMC Terrain SLT

Is it me or does it seem that Acura has three midsize cars but at different price points, TSX/TL/RLX. These are all more or less midsize with the TSX being probably the smallest but not by much then the TL but this will get updated soon and who know if/how much it will grow and then the RLX with more rear legroom. They should have just called this the TL-L for more rear legroom.

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

The Honda Acura has somehow fail to meet and or exceed the nicely sculptured Accord. To many more nicier options in the marketplace to come in with something looking like this and expecting success.

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by majicbz07 View Post
    Is it me or does it seem that Acura has three midsize cars but at different price points, TSX/TL/RLX. These are all more or less midsize with the TSX being probably the smallest but not by much then the TL but this will get updated soon and who know if/how much it will grow and then the RLX with more rear legroom. They should have just called this the TL-L for more rear legroom.
    TSX and TL are supposed to merge together to form the TLX which is supposed to be sized somewhere between the TSX and the TL, so the TL is supposed to shrink.

I also hope it's priced between the TSX and the TL and gets the new hybrid AWD system.
    Last edited by Ammo; 11-29-2012 at 08:25 AM.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

This is JUST horrible. This car confirms Honda/Acura has completely and utterly lost its way...wow!

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

This car shares SO much of it's DNA with the Honda Accord it's sad. It's like they didn't even try to make the two cars look different.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8
    Thanks

A step down compared to the previous version and typical of the class. About the only thing that caught my attention was that the fake wood looks decent. The ridiculously named 8 letter thingy does sound interesting as far as MPG and power.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information