GM Inside News Forum banner

GMI @ LAIAS 2014 Quick Hits: Audi Prologue Concept

6K views 29 replies 22 participants last post by  chinamonty 
#1 · (Edited)
Audi displays its Prologue Concept within a stone's throw of the Cadillac ATS-V twins.
www.gminsidenews.com
November 25, 2014
Words by: Mike DeMattia
Photography by Chantal DeMattia

The South Hall floor layout of the 2014 Los Angeles International Auto Show was arranged in such a way so that Cadillac, again looking to remake itself, found itself directly across the aisle from Audi, a brand that knows where it's going. Reinforcing this stark contrast, was Audi's newest concept dubbed Prologue, which is a stunning large coupe, that portends the brand's future styling direction.

In further relief of the Cadillacs across the way, the big Audi coupe features no spoiler, no hood vents or curb-scraping splitters. The few sharp angles adorning the Prologue are pulled tightly across its finely chiseled body. The car has the presence of a Bentley while still maintaining the traditional German purity of form, and it even evokes a bit of American musclecar when viewed in profile. Most excitingly, the Prologue appears to be very much production ready, with no obvious design excesses that would require a tone-down to satisfy the regulators.

At the time of our visit, the Audi Prologue Concept's interior was not made available for photography, but fortunately, Audi had made some images available, one of which can be found below. Fortunately, the coupe's gorgeous flanks gave us plenty to talk about, so that we found ourselves not at all missing the interior.

See less See more
#14 ·
I agree. The surfacing has got a classic Pininfarina or 70'/80's/90's Ital design quality to it. It's not perfect (They're trying a little too hard with the grille) and is definitely a work in progress, but I like where they seem to be headed with this. I'm so over the fussy overstyled sides of Mercedes and BMW, this more understated and classy imo.

BTW the Elmiraj also has an Italian flair going on with it's surfacing, but is more emotional and warmer in it's execution than the Audi.

#9 ·
Honestly, I found the A9 very disappointing.

The interior just looks depressing. It looks hard, grey and cold. Not an ounce of warmth or luxury vibe to it.

There isn't even a comparison between it and the Elmiraj. The A9 looks dead. The Elmiraj looks very luxurious and warm.

#15 ·
I wouldn't say the ATS-V looked old compared to the Audi, just vastly different. Kind of like comparing a Mitsubishi EVO to a same-year Buick LaCrosse.

#27 ·
Nice car, after about 10secs I thought wow... I'm looking at what Lincoln could have been. Has a very Lincoln vibe about it, not like anything they have now but where they should be. Kind of looks like a modern day Continental being a big full-sized coupe, somewhat slab-sides, and a generally square-jawed look about it. Anybody remember the MK9 concept from years ago?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.