GM Inside News Forum banner

Aston Martin CEO Basically Confirms New Mid-Engine Supercar Is Coming

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  jpd80 
#1 ·
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...nfirms-new-mid-engine-supercar-is-coming.html
Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer has essentially assured that the superb AM-RB 001 foreshadows an eventual second mid-engine supercar from the British brand.

During an exclusive interview with AutoGuide.com [ME] during the AM-RB 001’s debut at the Toronto Auto Show, Palmer yielded an interesting clue into the company’s future.

When prompted on what the AM-RB 001 hypercar signifies about Aston Martin’s future, Palmer spoke with a quietly excited passion. “As our halo car, it encompasses everything we know about sports car design,” he said. “It’s extremely lightweight, it uses composite materials everywhere, it has amazing aerodynamics, and the whole underbody is one big diffuser.

“It pilots what would be our design DNA for a mid-engine car, which obviously implies that there’s a mid-engine car in our future.”

#5 ·
Mid-engined cars were awesome back when not everybody was doing them. I like the newer front engined Ferraris far more than their mid-engined stablemates. Aston has no mid-engined tradition and has done just fine in the Supercar wars with the One-77 without having to resort to another me too mid-engine car. It's all subjective I know, but to me there is nothing sexier than that long hood and rear set cabin of an Aston, Corvette, or front engined Ferrari, in fact the last mid-engined Ferrari I really loved was the 288 GTO.

That's just my $0.02 and if you don't like, you're wrong! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.