Marussia has shown a huge off-road car

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marussia has shown a huge off-road car

Ute
    Thanks

Marussia has shown a huge off-road car

The Russian company Marussia which heads Nikolay Fomenko, has presented the first … an off-road car. This seven-seater (!) car Marussia F2 is called.

About technical features of a new off-road car in management Marussia while prefer not to speak. However earlier Nikolay Fomenko already informed us that at the heart of this model all will lie the same platform on which it is constructed a little sports superkarov. Therefore it is possible to assume that under an off-road car cowl there is a 3,6-litre petrol engine prepared by engineers of well-known company Cosworth.

In Marussia are assured that their new car can be sold not only to private persons, but also military men or rescuers. «Marussia F2 it is intended for a wide range of civil and sluzhivyh people. Car possibilities allow to use it in army and fire brigades, groups of the Ministry of Emergency Measures and services of fast reaction as the command post vehicle or the mobile centre of an operational administration. The car with spacious and easily transformed salon possesses huge potential for installation of any additional special equipment, measuring devices and a communication facility», - is told in the official press release.

Link http://auto.mail.ru/article.html?id=31426

Current car: Subaru Outback 3.0R 2008 MY

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: Marussia has shown a huge off-road car

I actually quite like the basic design, and it has some original and interesting design elements... but there are some huge gap and alignment problems that are visually distracting. I know it's just a prototype, but the side door windows are way too wonky, and the cut line in the front doors and fenders doesn't come close to lining up. Still, there's potential there! I like rooting for these little guys with big aspriations.

Thanks for the information and translation Ute!
    All are heartily encouraged to check out and join the Facebook group for my automotive blog: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theautomotiveattic/

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

To my eyes it is very innovative in many ways, but the execution seems awkward and forced. But I admire their willingness to try brave designs.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Slideways's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    12 cylinders via two cars

The first photo looks like what would happen if you were to blindfold someone and ask them to draw a Nissan Armada.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slideways View Post
    The first photo looks like what would happen if you were to blindfold someone and ask them to draw a Nissan Armada.
    Haha that's funny! Kinda like a Dali-Armada. Dalimada?

The more I look at it the more odd it seems. It's as if it's a quick crappy photochop come to life. The side windows for example, they slope down towards the back whereas they should probably slope up, and the weird angle of the rear-door portion of the B-pillar doesn't match up with anything. I think Marussia truly chopped a bunch of cars into one.
    Last edited by paul8488; 05-14-2010 at 09:04 AM.
    All are heartily encouraged to check out and join the Facebook group for my automotive blog: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theautomotiveattic/

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information