GM Inside News Forum banner

The Official NASCAR 2016 Thread

4K views 47 replies 11 participants last post by  Shotgun 
#1 ·
The first practices of the season get underway today at Daytona. What are your thoughts on all the offseason news?

#46 ·
Harvick and Logano would be fine, except that Talladega can wreck you through no fault of your own. I personally don't believe a plate track should be in the Chase.

#47 ·
Being that 5 drivers, 2 or 3 of them were likely Championship round teams, both Kansas and Talladega have turned into "win-at-all-costs" races these next 2 weeks. I don't car how close the points are, the guys you have to beat are running as well as you are every single week. That's why they're all in the final 12. You either have to win or hope some of the Top 8 have issues to help you.

#48 ·
Tallad"E"ga is this weekend. It's a must-win for Elliott and nearly a must-win for Logano, Dillon, Hamlin and Keselowski. I'd like to see the 3 car advance, but either way, their improvement this year has been very good. Just hope they can continue to get better the rest of this year and next. Hamlin is snake-bit in the Chase every year it seems. Very surprised that the Penske cars have had their issues in the same round. They are Ford's only hope, until SHR joins the blue oval next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.