The Official Corvette Racing 2015 Thread - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Corvette Racing 2015 Thread

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Re: CORVETTE RACING AT DAYTONA: Rolex 24 GTLM Win for Corvette C7.R

I watched this race. It was very clear from the start the Corvettes were not taking any prisoners!
    From the office of the Burnout Czar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thanks

Corvette racing needs your vote!!

Visual Studio Team to Win Award Returns for 2015 Season
    Who will win? Vote for Corvette Racing! Pass this on to all your friends, forums, social media and Corvette clubs!

Corvette Racing scored a hard-earned GT Le Mans (GTLM) class victory in the 2015 Rolex 24 At Daytona. Antonio Garcia, Jan Magnussen and Ryan Briscoe won in their No. 3 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R in Corvette Racing’s second race back at Daytona since 2001. Garcia crossed the finish line .478 seconds ahead of the second-place GTLM car. The winning trio completed 725 laps and 2,581 miles to secure the Rolex 24 victory. GTLM pole-sitter Oliver Gavin, Tommy Milner and Simon Pagenaud placed third in class following a strong run in the No. 4 Corvette C7.R, securing two out of the three podium spots in the GTLM class for Corvette Racing.

Fans can vote through 12:00 p.m. EDT Friday, March 20, 2015 at www.teamtowin.net. The winner will be announced at the Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring at Sebring International Raceway. Vote now at this link AND vote every day!

https://teamtowininsights.com/visual...r-2015-season/

If you are using Internet Explorer and don't see the captcha code then use Firefox.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 supraracer's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1992 Supra Turbo

Re: Corvette racing needs your vote!!

Voted early this morning. Thanks.
    Straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.

1992 Supra Turbo (Modified)
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS (Trifecta Tune Coming Soon)
    Past Rides:
    Nissan Murano SLE AWD
    Chrysler Conquest TSI (Modified)
    Toyota Celica ST
    '77 COTY Chevrolet Caprice Classic w/F41 option

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 91fairladyZ's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 GMC Acadia SLT2 Silver

Re: Corvette racing needs your vote!!

Corvette Racing way out front. IE works fine.

Thanks

CORVETTE RACING AT SEBRING: A Florida Sweep for No. 3 Corvette C7.R

Press Release:

CORVETTE RACING AT SEBRING: A Florida Sweep for No. 3 Corvette C7.R
    Briscoe, Garcia, Magnussen follow Rolex 24 win with Sebring 12 Hours victory

· Ninth class win at Sebring for Corvette Racing since 2002

· No. 3 Corvette C7.R increases early-season GT Le Mans championship lead

· No. 4 Corvette strong early before mechanical issues sideline challenge

SEBRING, Fla. (March 21, 2015) – Corvette Racing won in class for the ninth time at the 63rd Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Fueled by Fresh from Florida as Ryan Briscoe, Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen added Saturday’s GT Le Mans (GTLM) victory to their Rolex 24 At Daytona win from January. The trio started the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season with consecutive victories and lead in GTLM points after two rounds.

Garcia won by nearly one minute as the Corvette Racing team played out its fuel strategy perfectly. Garcia pitted with 54 minutes remaining and stayed consistent as two cars ahead of him fell into trouble. Briscoe recovered from a small spin in his opening stints to post his fastest laps of the race, and quick pit work by the Corvette Racing crew and a key out lap by Magnussen early in the race gained two positions during a full-course caution period.

The winning Corvette completed 330 laps for 1,221 miles.

“The win by the No. 3 Corvette C7.R team in the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring was a total team effort by everyone at Corvette Racing,” said Jim Campbell, Chevrolet U.S. Vice President, Performance Vehicles and Motorsports. “The win was the result of great driving, quick pit stop by the crew and strong race strategy. Congratulations to Jan Magnussen, Antonio Garcia and Ryan Briscoe and the team on winning today.

"We were very proud to have so many Corvette owners on hand to watch the No. 3 C7.R become the first team and driver combination to win their class in both the Rolex 24 At Daytona and the Sebring 12 Hours in 15 years,” Campbell added.

Saturday’s win was Magnussen’s fourth at Sebring – all with Corvette Racing. Garcia won for the second time at the event to go along with his 2009 victory, also with Corvette Racing. Briscoe likewise is now a two-time Sebring winner.

On the other end of the spectrum, the No. 4 Corvette C7.R of Oliver Gavin, Tommy Milner and Simon Pagenaud left the race with less than two hours remaining with a mechanical issue. The trio had challenged for the class podium in the race’s opening half.

After two races in the TUDOR Championship, Chevrolet and Corvette Racing lead all three point tables. Chevrolet increased its lead in the GTLM Manufacturer championship, as does the No. 3 Corvette C7.R in the team standings.

The No. 3 Corvette C7.R also won its second straight race in the Tequila Patrón North American Endurance Cup and leads in driver and team championship points. Chevrolet extended its lead in the manufacturer standings.

The next round of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship is the Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase from the Long Beach (Calif.) street circuit on Saturday, April 18. FOX Sports 1 will air the race starting at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, April 19. Live radio coverage will be available via IMSA Radio.

ANTONIO GARCIA, CORVETTE RACING NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R - RACE WINNER
    WHAT WAS THE KEY TO GETTING THIS WIN?
    “I think strategy was a key thing here. I mean we definitely didn’t have the fastest car out there, but consistency was the key thing. We were putting pressure on them. Even though we were not able to be in the lead and pull away like at Daytona, we were hammering (the leaders). We didn’t want them to bail or just to take it easy. Maybe that is why they caught some problems, but at the end strategy was the key thing. Maybe they would run into problems, but they had to stop anyway. So, for Corvette Racing again the strategy was brilliant. I’m pretty happy for these two guys (Magnussen and Briscoe) and two in a row. I can’t say more.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, CORVETTE RACING NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R - RACE WINNER
    THIS IS YOUR FOURTH WIN HERE AT SEBRING WHERE DOES THIS ONE RANK?
    “Sebring ranks high. It’s one of the biggest victories you can get. To win this way like was said before we didn’t have the fastest car, but we had a fantastic team and good strategy. Antonio, the closer, was fantastic.
    “I have to say that two hours before the end of it, I didn’t think we would have a shot at winning. Once it became a fuel race, everything changed. We knew that a safety car would mess things up again. But this another fantastic day. A big thanks to the entire Corvette Racing team and to all the Corvette owners who came to support us and cheer for us the whole way. It was fantastic.”

RYAN BRISCOE, CORVETTE RACING NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R - RACE WINNER
    YOU ARE THE THIRD DRIVER NOW YOU HAVE TO STEP AWAY. HOW DIFFICULT IS THAT WHEN YOU ARE GOING OUT AFTER TWO RACE WINS?
    “I know, it’s hard, I wish I could stay and be the third guy at all the races. What a great start to the year. This team has just been working tirelessly. We had some bad luck in these first two races last year. I think it’s really turned around for us. I mean just not making mistakes. The car has just been absolutely rock solid. I’m just so thrilled to be a part of this team and winning races. It’s awesome.
    “This was just absolutely perfect running with great pit stops – purely just fuel and tires and drivers. There were no problems at all. It's great to be rewarded with the wins for that preparation. The team is just doing a great job. I feel lucky to be a part of it all."

OLIVER GAVIN, CORVETTE RACING NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – FINISHED 9TH: “It's an unfortunate end our race with the equipment malfunction. We showed throughout that our Corvette C7.R had good pace. I was able to challenge and post solid laptimes in both stints, and I felt like we had a car that could certainly challenge for the podium. Sebring is tough on drivers and the cars, as we saw again today."

TOMMY MILNER, CORVETTE RACING NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – FINISHED 9TH: “What another crazy Sebring race. We felt really good about our Corvette C7.R after last week’s test and practice this week. We struggled with pace in the heat but could challenge and were making gains as the temperatures dropped. A belt issue set us back first, then we had more mechanical trouble with Oliver in the car. It’s a tough result for us. But congratulations to the 3 car on another great win for Corvette Racing.”

SIMON PAGENAUD, CORVETTE RACING NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – FINISHED 9TH: "It has been a good time for Corvette Racing. I enjoy driving the Corvette C7.R. It is a beautiful car. It is sad that this is last time I am with the team, but hopefully we will be able to be together in the future. I am quite excited to get back to my daily duties with Team Penske (No. 22 Team Penske Chevrolet in the Verizon IndyCar Series). This was really fun, and as you know I love sports cars. I still feel like I belong here. I hope I can come back and race again with Corvette Racing."

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member mbukukanyau's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,875 Times in 1,407 Posts
    My Ride
    2013 Equinox V6| 2013 Traverse

Re: CORVETTE RACING AT SEBRING: A Florida Sweep for No. 3 Corvette C7.R

Whats going on with the Number 4 Corvette. They just do not seem to be able to get it together. Its almost like its not from the same team. Is it set up differently from the #3?

Thanks

Re: CORVETTE RACING AT SEBRING: A Florida Sweep for No. 3 Corvette C7.R

The Porsche's were leading through out the race and both #3 and #4 were doing well. However the #4 had a problem due to a broken brake pedal return spring. It is just a small $2.00 part and the #4 crew were sick about the breakage. They lost time trying to fix it. They also said they will make sure it won't happen again.

Thanks

CORVETTE RACING AT LONG BEACH: Riding Momentum Out West

CORVETTE RACING AT LONG BEACH: Riding Momentum Out West

Two victories in last four years on southern California street circuit

· 2014 winners Garcia, Magnussen coming off Daytona-Sebring double victories

· Gavin, Milner victorious at Long Beach in 2012

· Chevrolet, Corvette Racing early GTLM leaders in TUDOR Championship

DETROIT (April 14, 2015) – Following the two longest races on the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship schedule, Corvette Racing heads to the Long Beach street circuit for the shortest race of the season. The Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach is the third and shortest race on the TUDOR Championship schedule, and it historically has been good to Corvette Racing.

The two-car team will go for its sixth victory at Long Beach since 2007 and second in a row. All four Corvette drivers have won on the 11-turn, 1.968-mile street circuit: Oliver Gavin (2007, 2009, 2012), Jan Magnussen (2008, 2014), Tommy Milner (2012) and Antonio Garcia (2014).

Last year’s victory was the first for the Chevrolet Corvette C7.R, which went on to win four times in the GT Le Mans (GTLM) class. Magnussen claimed pole position, and he and Garcia never trailed. As in 2014, the field will be comprised of cars from the Prototype and GTLM categories.

Garcia and Magnussen will drive the No. 3 Corvette C7.R with Gavin and Milner sharing the No. 4 Corvette C7.R.

At 100 minutes, the Long Beach event is a true sprint race. With a minimum drive time of just 35 minutes, the race likely will involve just one pit stop and driver change. As a result strategy and timing is a key. Those two factors have served Corvette Racing well so far in 2015.

Both Corvettes placed on the GTLM podium in the Rolex 24 At Daytona to open the season with Garcia, Magnussen and Ryan Briscoe winning by less than a half-second while Gavin, Milner and Verizon IndyCar star Simon Pagenaud placed third.

The most recent TUDOR Championship race saw Garcia, Magnussen and Briscoe win the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring to become the first trio in 15 years to win there and at Daytona in the same season. As a result, they lead the GTLM Drivers’ championship as does Chevrolet and the No. 3 Corvette C7.R in the Manufacturer and Team standings, respectively.

Not to be outdone, Gavin and Milner have been on the podium two of the last three years at Long Beach and placed third last year. They are tied for sixth in the GTLM standings but just four points out of second position.

The Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach, the third race of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, is set for 4:05 p.m. PT on Saturday, April 18 from the Long Beach street circuit. Live coverage begins at 7:05 p.m. ET on IMSA.com with FOX Sports 1 airing the race at 4 p.m. ET. Flag-to-flag radio coverage will be available via IMSA Radio.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“I am looking forward to going back to Long Beach. The last two years have been very good. We’ve been leading or at worst in the top-three. Long Beach seems to suit the Corvette very well. We should be pretty good for the race but so should the other manufacturers. It’s a short race at only 100 minutes. Strategy again will be the key thing as well as getting your full service done as quickly as possible. It will likely be a one-stop race again. It’s very difficult to predict what will happen. You can be aggressive as possible and things could go your way. Or it could be like last year and be a smooth race.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“A fast start to the season is a welcomed change for Antonio and I. Obviously after two races things look good for us at Corvette Racing, and we are heading back to a place where we won for the first time in the Corvette C7.R last year. Long Beach is a fantastic place and a great track. I really enjoy street circuits and this is one of the best. The track has a nice flow to it. It’s narrow in some places and wider in others. Staying out of trouble is always important, but it’s even more critical here. The short duration of the race means there isn’t room for mistakes, and if you make one then it’s really hard to recover. The drivers have a difficult task but so do the crews and engineers. This likely will still be a one-stop race, so the strategy along with refueling and changing the tires and driver has to be perfect. Fortunately over the first two races, our stops and strategy have been the best in GTLM. We’re hoping that continues at Long Beach.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“So much of the race will pivot around the pitstop. The performance of the cars is so close that trying to pass will be at a premium, so the only place you’re really going to be able to do it is in the pitlane. The window is really quite narrow. Because of track position, you’re going to want to pit as soon as you possibly can and try to make your fuel last all the way to the end. What it does put a lot of pressure on is making sure that the team executes on the stop and also on the drivers to make the change as fast as we can. Any holdups at all are going to cost you spots. And trying to get those spots back is going to be very hard. I’m sure everyone in the pitlane is going to be very focused on making sure their pitstops are well-drilled – the fueling, the tires and the driver changes.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“This is one of those races where you have to grab it by the horns and drive it as hard as you can for the amount of time. Of all the races we do, this has the highest amount of pressure in some ways. You make one mistake and you’re done. You don’t have the opportunity to make time up. At Long Beach, once the race starts, you pretty much feel like you’re at the end and you have to go racing. It’s exciting that way. You can tell everyone is thinking the same way you are. We all know it’s hard to pass there and make things happen. With just one stop, the crew guys know that the pressure is on them. It’s fairly simple in many ways but it’s also supremely detailed in that everything we do – even in practice and qualifying – directly relate to how the race is going to go.”

DOUG FEHAN, CORVETTE RACING PROGRAM MANAGER

“It has been a very good start to the season for Corvette Racing. We benefitted from great strategy at Sebring, and we will need that again to win at Long Beach for the sixth time. This will likely be a one-stop race, so the execution by the engineers, crews and the drivers is paramount. A 100-minute race is a little bit of a different dynamic but it’s great entertainment for the fans and we are looking forward to giving them another great show this weekend.”

Corvette Racing at Long Beach

Year
    Class
    Drivers
    Result
    Car
    Notes

GT1
    Magnussen/O'Connell
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R
    Magnussen fastest race lap

Beretta/Gavin
    1st
    Corvette C6.R
    Gavin pole

GT1
    Magnussen/O'Connell
    1st
    Corvette C6.R
    Magnussen pole

Beretta/Gavin
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R
    Gavin fastest race lap

GT1
    Magnussen/O'Connell
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R

Beretta/Gavin
    1st
    Corvette C6.R
    Beretta pole, fastest race lap

GT
    O'Connell/Magnussen
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R

Beretta/Gavin
    9th
    Corvette C6.R
    Gavin fastest race lap

GT
    Beretta/Milner
    5th
    Corvette C6.R

Gavin/Magnussen
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R
    Magnussen fastest race lap

GT
    Garcia/Magnussen
    4th
    Corvette C6.R

Gavin/Milner
    1st
    Corvette C6.R
    Gavin fastest race lap

GT
    Garcia/Magnussen
    5th
    Corvette C6.R

Gavin/Milner
    4th
    Corvette C6.R
    Gavin fastest race lap

GTLM
    Garcia/Magnussen
    1st
    Corvette C7.R
    Magnussen pole

Gavin/Milner
    3rd
    Corvette C7.R
    Milner fastest race lap

TUDOR Championship – GTLM Standings

Driver Standings
    Team Standings
    Manufacturer Standings

1. Ryan Briscoe/Antonio Garcia/Jan Magnussen – 72

2. John Edwards/Jens Klingmann/Lucas Luhr – 58

3. Bill Auberlen/Augusto Farfus/Dirk Werner – 57

4. Giancarlo Fisichella/Pierre Kaffer – 56

5. Wolf Henzler/Patrick Long/Bryan Sellers – 55

6. Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner/Simon Pagenaud – 54
    1. No. 3 Corvette Racing – 72

2. No. 24 BMW Team RLL – 58

3. No. 25 BMW Team RLL – 57

4. No. 62 Risi Competizione – 56

5. No. 17 Team Falken Tire – 55

6. No. 4 Corvette Racing – 54

1. Chevrolet – 70

2. BMW – 60

3. Ferrari – 60

4. Porsche – 60

Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach – GT Le Mans (all times PT)

TUDOR Practice 1: 7:45 a.m., Friday, April 17
    TUDOR Practice 2: 4:45 p.m., Friday, April 17
    TUDOR GTLM Qualifying: 5:30 p.m., Friday, April 17
    Race: 4:05 p.m., Saturday, April 18 (IMSA.com)
    TV: 4 p.m., Sunday, April 19 (FOX Sports 1)

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 supraracer's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    1992 Supra Turbo

Re: CORVETTE RACING AT LONG BEACH: Riding Momentum Out West

The AOP adjustments for Corvette racing after the Sebring race was totally unnecessary IMHO. Corvette racing wasn't the fastest the whole race, just a better fuel strategy than the rest and they are penalized for it? Corvette Racing should be congratulated for engineering a more fuel efficient race car, not penalized.
    Straights are for fast cars, corners are for fast drivers.

1992 Supra Turbo (Modified)
    2014 Chevrolet Cruze LTZ RS (Trifecta Tune Coming Soon)
    Past Rides:
    Nissan Murano SLE AWD
    Chrysler Conquest TSI (Modified)
    Toyota Celica ST
    '77 COTY Chevrolet Caprice Classic w/F41 option

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 Times in 1,039 Posts
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'07 Ford F-150

Corvette Racing always gets screwed over by BOP BS.
    Hidden Content
    Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI, Gibson Catback Performance Exhaust

Thanks
    My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by supraracer View Post
    The BOP adjustments for Corvette racing after the Sebring race was totally unnecessary IMHO. Corvette racing wasn't the fastest the whole race, just a better fuel strategy than the rest and they are penalized for it? Corvette Racing should be congratulated for engineering a more fuel efficient race car, not penalized.
    Last year they used BOP to try keep Viper in the series, took victory out of Corvettes hand. Its really shameful. Corvettes are forced to race with less power, less aero and more weight than everyone else.

Thanks

CORVETTE RACING, CORVETTE DP AT LONG BEACH: Pole Position for Ricky Taylor

GM Press Release

CORVETTE RACING, CORVETTE DP AT LONG BEACH: Pole Position for Ricky Taylor

Corvette DPs take four of top-five overall positions; Magnussen leads Corvette Racing in qualifying

· First Long Beach pole position for Corvette DP

· Wayne Taylor Racing second in last year’s Long Beach race

· Corvette Racing to fight in GTLM from fourth and fifth on grid

LONG BEACH, Calif. (April 17, 2015) – Wayne Taylor Racing’s Ricky Taylor captured his first pole position since 2012 with the fastest qualifying time for the Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase following Friday’s qualifying at the Long Beach street circuit. Corvette Daytona Prototypes and Corvette Racing’s two Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs will have fights on their hands for Saturday’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship’s third round.

Taylor’s best lap of 1:14.790 (94.729 mph) was 0.258 seconds clear of Scott Pruett, the next fastest qualifier. Taylor and brother Jordan were second in last year’s Long Beach race.

“This is really nice,” Ricky Taylor said. “Long Beach is a really special event. It’s only our second year here and there’s already a crowd like I’ve never seen before. It’s a really cool atmosphere. Everyone wants to be on pole and win here.”

In GT Le Mans (GTLM), Jan Magnussen qualified Corvette Racing’s No. 3 Corvette C7.R in the fourth. Last year’s pole-winner bettered that time Friday with a 1:17.739 (91.136 mph) in the car he shares with Antonio Garcia; the duo won last year’s Long Beach in GTLM and lead the TUDOR Championship standings with endurance teammate Ryan Briscoe.

Oliver Gavin qualified right behind Magnussen in the No. 4 Corvette with a lap of 1:17.756 (91.116 mph). The No. 4 crew had to change the nose in the practice immediately following qualifying after a collision with a slow prototype.

Gavin and Tommy Milner were the 2012 GT class winners at Long Beach in the American Le Mans Series.

In the Corvette DP ranks, Christian Fittipaldi led a string of three consecutive Corvette DPs from third to fifth on the Prototype grid. He qualified Action Express Racing’s No. 5 Mustang Sampling Corvette DP with a lap of 1:15.274 (94.120 mph). Fittipaldi and Joao Barbosa lead the TUDOR Championship’s Prototype standings.

Michael Valiante in VisitFlorida.com Racing’s No. 90 Corvette DP was fourth – less than three-tenths of a second behind Fittipaldi. Eric Curran was fifth in Action Express Racing’s No. 31 Whelen Engineering/Team Fox Corvette DP at 1:15.915 (93.325 mph).

The Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach, the third race of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, is set for 4:05 p.m. PT on Saturday, April 18 from the Long Beach street circuit. Live coverage begins at 7:05 p.m. ET on IMSA.com with FOX Sports 1 airing the race at 4 p.m. ET. Flag-to-flag radio coverage will be available via IMSA Radio.

CORVETTE DP QUOTES

RICKY TAYLOR, WAYNE TAYLOR RACING NO. 10 KONICA MINOLTA CORVETTE DP – POLE WINNER

“Track position is so important. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a pole. We were really quick and I was fastest in the final practice before qualifying by a little bit. I was making excuses for everyone else saying that we were the only ones on new tires. The car felt good but we were on new tires… just making excuses. Then the car was even better in qualifying and on low fuel. It just got better and better, which really bodes well for the race. It’s all very good and very positive.

“Starting on pole should be really big here. Being only a 100-minute race you think strategy doesn’t come into it but you can do a lot with fuel mileage. It’s hard to be in the lead sometimes. You don’t want to be the one to pit and be the one setting the tone. But I think we have really good guys that have incredIble pit stops all year. We have a lot of people from Konica Minolta here so we really want to do a good job and have a flawless race. We can only do our best. I think we have all the pieces in place.”

CHRISTIAN FITTIPALDI, ACTION EXPRESS RACING NO. 5 MUSTANG SAMPLING CORVETTE DP – QUALFIED THIRD

“We had a good qualifying considering what happened in the previous session. I went a little bit too close and just brushed the wall at Turn 6. We messed up the front suspension so we lost almost three-quarters of the session. The guys did a perfect job. We had what we had in the car. I think I lacked a little bit in the fact that I didn’t run often. I only ran eight or nine laps in the morning session and had the problem in the second session. I went straight into qualifying, and on a street course that’s not the best you can do for yourself. Part of that is me to blame. We’ll take P3. We have a very strong car for the race and a very strong piece. Hopefully Joao and myself can do it tomorrow.”

ERIC CURRAN, ACTION EXPRESS RACING NO. 31 WHELEN ENGINEERING/TEAM FOX CORVETTE DP – QUALIFIED FIFTH

“We had a good run in the Whelen Corvette DP. We’ve been fast all day. Dane was quickest this morning and we were P3 in the next session, so we were hoping for top-three in qualifying but that’s OK. We’ll take it. We keep getting better with this Action Express-prepped Whelen Corvette DP. We’re excited for tomorrow and think we have a good shot at this thing.”

CORVETTE RACING QUOTES

JAN MAGNUSSEN, CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R – QUALIFIED FOURTH IN GTLM

“It was a good lap. This was as fast as we have gone at Long Beach. We improved the car from this last practice to qualifying. It was a good step forward but it wasn’t quite enough in qualifying. We’ll race them tomorrow and see what comes out of that.

“This is more of a sprint race in every sense of the word. It’s one pit stop and the pit stop probably decides who wins. That’s how it usually goes at Long Beach. You need to be in the fight up front for that first pit stop and then you need to nail that pit stop. After that that’s when the real race starts, right after the only pit stop.”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R - QUALIFIED FIFTH IN GTLM

“The session before was mega frustrating for us in the No. 4 Corvette. There were some crazy things happening. It looked like we were getting a good run on a new tire, and coming out of Turn 6 into Turn 8, I’m behind a DP car and he’s braked pretty much at the normal spot and then just continued to brake into the apex. He pretty much parked at the apex and I ran into the back of him. We did some damage to our car and we spent most of the session trying to fix. We we were able to go back out at the end, but the car wasn’t quite right. Trying to get everything sorted before qualifying… I wasn’t very calm before getting back in. It But Chuck (Houghton, No. 4 Corvette C7.R lead engineer) made a good change before the start of qualifying, and the car felt pretty good. I just didn’t quite execute fully on the lap. I think the car is good enough to be third. I feel a little bit frustrated with myself. Could I have done that if I had had better preparation in the session before? Most probably. But we’re fourth and fifth. The lap times are super close. It’s going to be a real street fight tomorrow. The pit stop is going to vital.”

TUDOR Championship – Prototype Standings

Driver Standings
    Team Standings
    Manufacturer Standings

1. Joao Barbosa/Sebastien Bourdais/Christian Fittipaldi – 69

2. Scott Dixon – 65

3. Mike Rockenfeller/Michael Valiante/Richard Westbrook – 62

4. Dane Cameron/Eric Curran/Max Papis – 56

5. Joey Hand/Scott Pruett – 55

T6. Max Angelelli/Jordan Taylor/Ricky Taylor – 49
    1. No. 5 Action Express Racing – 69

2. No. 90 VisitFlorida.com Racing – 62

3. No. 31 Action Express Racing – 56

4. No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing – 55

5. No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing – 49

1. Ford – 67

2. Chevrolet – 67

3. Honda – 58

4. BMW – 58

5. Mazda – 52

Driver Standings
    Team Standings
    Manufacturer Standings

1. Ryan Briscoe/Antonio Garcia/Jan Magnussen – 72

2. John Edwards/Jens Klingmann/Lucas Luhr – 58

3. Bill Auberlen/Augusto Farfus/Dirk Werner – 57

4. Giancarlo Fisichella/Pierre Kaffer – 56

5. Wolf Henzler/Patrick Long/Bryan Sellers – 55

6. Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner/Simon Pagenaud – 54
    1. No. 3 Corvette Racing – 72

2. No. 24 BMW Team RLL – 58

3. No. 25 BMW Team RLL – 57

4. No. 62 Risi Competizione – 56

5. No. 17 Team Falken Tire – 55

6. No. 4 Corvette Racing – 54

1. Chevrolet – 70

2. BMW – 60

3. Ferrari – 60

4. Porsche – 60

Tequila Patrón Sports Car Showcase at Long Beach – GT Le Mans (all times PT)

Race: 4:05 p.m., Saturday, April 18 (IMSA.com)
    TV: 4 p.m., Sunday, April 19 (FOX Sports 1)

Thanks
    My Ride

Re: CORVETTE RACING, CORVETTE DP AT LONG BEACH: Pole Position for Ricky Taylor

When is the race?

Thanks

Re: CORVETTE RACING, CORVETTE DP AT LONG BEACH: Pole Position for Ricky Taylor

Saturday, April 18, 2015 Online Coverage

IMSA.com (includes live images, in-car cameras and announcers)

http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

07:05-08:45 PM ET

Sunday, April 19, 2015 TV Broadcast Tape Delayed
    04:00-06: PM ET Fox Sports 1
    Last edited by cor123; 04-18-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks

CORVETTE RACING AT LAGUNA SECA: Going for Fourth Straight Monterey Win

GM PRess Release:

CORVETTE RACING AT LAGUNA SECA: Going for Fourth Straight Monterey Win

Quartet of drivers have found Victory Circle each year since 2012

· Garcia, Magnussen on two-race Monterey victory streak

· Gavin, Milner winners at Laguna Seca in 2012

· Final TUDOR Championship event for Corvette Racing before Le Mans

DETROIT (April 29, 2015) – Corvette Racing’s two-race California swing wraps up this weekend at a place where the team has found considerable success in the last decade. Mazda Raceway Laguna plays host to the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship’s fourth round, the Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix, and the last event before the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Corvette Racing has seven victories at the 2.238-mile, 11-turn layout since 2004. The span covers the American Le Mans Series from 2004-13 and the TUDOR Championship, which made Laguna Seca part of its inaugural schedule in 2014.

Corvette Racing will field its two Chevrolet Corvette C7.Rs in Sunday’s two-hour, 40-minute race for all four classes of the TUDOR Championship. It’s a change from last year’s format that saw a two-hour race for just the Prototype and GT Le Mans (GTLM) categories.

Antonio Garcia and Jan Magnussen are the GTLM championship leaders in the No. 3 Corvette C7.R. The Rolex 24 At Daytona and Sebring 12 Hours winners also have won their last two races at Laguna Seca. The pairing went wire-to-wire in 2013 and led the majority of last year’s race. In the most recent TUDOR Championship event two weeks ago, Garcia and Magnussen placed third in class.

Magnussen leads all Corvette drivers with three pole positions at Laguna Seca, all consecutively from 2007-09. He also posted the fastest race lap in class each of those years, as well. Garcia was the pole-winner last year.

Oliver Gavin and Tommy Milner are in the No. 4 Corvette C7.R were third to their teammates at Daytona and have Monterey success to their credit, as well. The pairing won in the ALMS GT class in 2012. It gave Gavin four victories at the circuit to lead all Corvette Racing drivers.

Laguna Seca is where the Corvette C7.R broke cover publically for the first time in the summer of 2013 when Milner drove a couple of calm laps during the Monterey Historic Festival.

Corvette, Chevrolet on Display in Monterey

In addition to the on-track activity at Laguna Seca, fans can learn all they need to know about Chevrolet by visiting the Corvette Racing Display from Friday to Sunday in the track vendor area. Among the Chevrolet attractions at the Display include:

• Chevrolet production vehicles such as the 2015 Corvette Stingray, Impala, SS, Silverado 2500 HD, Trax and the 2015 Motor Trend Truck of the Year, the Chevy Colorado.

• A Corvette C7.R show car and the recently announced Corvette Z06 C7.R special edition. The Z06 and C7.R represent the strongest link between Corvettes built for racing and the road

• Samples of Chevrolet engines, performance parts and accessories available to fans for purchase from their local Chevrolet dealer

• A variety of interactive games for adults and kids

• Commemorative t-shirts for fans who sign up with Corvette Racing.

The Corvette Racing display opens 9 a.m., Friday and 8 a.m., Saturday and Sunday.

The Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix, the fourth race of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship, is set for 1:05 p.m. PT on Sunday, May 3, from Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Live TV coverage begins at 1 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1. ET. Flag-to-flag radio coverage also will be available via IMSA Radio.

ANTONIO GARCIA, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“Laguna Seca has been good to Corvette Racing and me personally. The last two years were difficult challenges with tough competition. But that is how GT Le Mans is. It is the best manufacturers, the best teams and the best drivers. Jan and I have been fortunate to have Corvette Racing and Chevrolet behind us. I have said it many times, but our crew is the best third driver we can have. This race is the third different format in three years so there are a few unknowns. But I’m confident our engineers and crew will come up with a strategy and plan to put us in the best possible position. It will be up to us as drivers to execute.”

JAN MAGNUSSEN, NO. 3 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“Laguna Seca is a fantastic place and one of the best tracks we go to. It’s a place with a lot of history and one that I think most drivers enjoy. Certainly everyone at Corvette Racing does. We’ve had great success over the years there regardless of the class. The Corvette is really suited to the track with our braking performance and handling. As a driver, you have to be very precise due to the sand and gravel just off the surface. Over the last two seasons, Antonio and I have gone very well there. A large part of it comes down to the engineers and crew we have. The strategy and pit stops have been nearly perfect, and we’ve been able to consistently push when we’ve needed to. I was able to lead all of stint last year, and Antonio did a great job closing down and passing the Ferrari for another victory. I’d be happy with a repeat except with a little less stress!”

OLIVER GAVIN, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“I absolutely enjoy going to Laguna Seca. It’s a great track and a fantastic area that has been great for sports cars over the years and continues today. The race track is a challenging layout due to a number of factors. You can pay for small mistakes such as getting off track slightly or not managing traffic properly. It’s easy to lose time around there but not easy to gain time. Having a car that is steady and performs well on the brakes like our Corvette C7.R is a huge bonus. Tommy and I won there in 2012 and had a car that was more than capable of finishing on the podium until I was hit by another GT driver. The highlight of our season in the No. 4 Corvette has been our podium at Daytona. Another podium in Monterey would go a long way in getting our season back on track before heading to Le Mans.”

TOMMY MILNER, NO. 4 CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7.R

“You don’t have to be an American to appreciate the history of Laguna Seca and the challenge it presents. Any time you can win in Monterey, you know you’ve performed well not just drivers but as a team. That’s something Corvette Racing and everyone at Team Chevy has been able to do consistently over the last 10 years. Oliver and I were fortunate to do it in 2012 and we’re overdue for another win. We certainly have a car that is capable of finding more success at Laguna. It’s good on the brakes, it turns really well in the slow- and medium-speed corners that dominate the layout of the track. We need to minimize mistakes, stay out of the pits and be patient. If we do all those things, we’ll be in contention for a podium at the least and hopefully another win.”

DOUG FEHAN, CORVETTE RACING PROGRAM MANAGER

“Laguna Seca is one of the great tracks of North America. It’s also a place where Corvette Racing has found success in the last decade. From an engineer’s perspective, the track presents a number of different challenges. The changes in temperature on the Monterey Peninsula can make finding grip difficult, as can the sand that blows on the surface. Tire management and maintaining track position take on more importance as a result. Those have been the keys in the last three races at Laguna Seca – all wins for Corvette Racing.”

Driver Standings
    Team Standings
    Manufacturer Standings

1. Antonio Garcia/Jan Magnussen – 103

2. Bill Auberlen/Dirk Werner – 93

3. Giancarlo Fisichella/Pierre Kaffer – 89

4. John Edwards/Lucas Luhr – 85

5. Patrick Pilet – 83

6. Wolf Henzler/Bryan Sellers – 81

T7. Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner – 79

T7. Frederic Makowiecki – 79
    1. No. 3 Corvette Racing – 103

2. No. 25 BMW Team RLL – 93

3. No. 62 Risi Competizione – 89

4. No. 24 BMW Team RLL – 85

5. No. 911 Porsche North America – 83

7. No. 4 Corvette Racing – 79
    1. Chevrolet – 100

2. BMW – 95

3. Ferrari – 92

4. Porsche – 88

Corvette Racing at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

Year
    Class
    Drivers
    Result
    Car
    Notes

GTS
    Fellows/Kneifel
    2nd
    Corvette C5-R

GTS
    Fellows/Pilgrim
    2nd
    Corvette C5-R
    Fellows pole

GTS
    Bell/Collins
    4th
    Corvette C5-R

GTS
    Fellows/O'Connell
    2nd
    Corvette C5-R

GTS
    Collins/Pilgrim
    3rd
    Corvette C5-R

GTS
    Fellows/O'Connell
    5th
    Corvette C5-R

GTS
    Pilgrim/Collins
    3rd
    Corvette C5-R

GTS
    Fellows/O'Connell
    2nd
    Corvette C5-R

GTS
    Gavin/Collins
    3rd
    Corvette C5-R

GTS
    Fellows/O'Connell
    1st
    Corvette C5-R
    O'Connell fastest race lap

GTS
    Beretta/Gavin
    2nd
    Corvette C5-R
    Beretta pole

GT1
    Fellows/O'Connell
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R

GT1
    Beretta/Gavin
    1st
    Corvette C6.R
    Gavin fastest race lap

GT1
    Fellows/O'Connell
    3rd
    Corvette C6.R

GT1
    Beretta/Gavin
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R
    Beretta fastest race lap

GT1
    Magnussen/O'Connell
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R
    Magnussen pole, fastest race lap

GT1
    Beretta/Gavin
    1st
    Corvette C6.R

GT1
    Magnussen/O'Connell
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R

GT1
    Beretta/Gavin
    1st
    Corvette C6.R

GT2
    Magnussen/O'Connell
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R

GT2
    Beretta/Gavin
    10th
    Corvette C6.R

GT
    Magnussen/O'Connell
    6th
    Corvette C6.R

GT
    Beretta/Gavin
    3rd
    Corvette C6.R

GT
    Beretta/Milner
    7th
    Corvette C6.R

GT
    Gavin/Magnussen
    5th
    Corvette C6.R

GT
    Garcia/Magnussen
    2nd
    Corvette C6.R

GT
    Gavin/Milner
    1st
    Corvette C6.R
    Gavin fastest race lap

GT
    Garcia/Magnussen
    1st
    Corvette C6.R

GT
    Gavin/Milner
    9th
    Corvette C6.R

GTLM
    Garcia/Magnussen
    1st
    Corvette C6.R
    Garcia pole

GTLM
    Gavin/Milner
    5th
    Corvette C6.R

Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix – GT Le Mans (all times PT)

TUDOR Practice 1: 11:30 a.m., Friday, May 1
    TUDOR Practice 2: 3:30 p.m., Friday, May 1
    TUDOR Practice 3: 10:50 a.m., Saturday, May 2
    TUDOR GTLM Qualifying: 5:05 p.m., Saturday, May 2
    TUDOR Warmup: 8:35 a.m., Sunday, May 3
    Race: 1:05 p.m., Sunday, May 3 (FOX Sports 1)

Connect with Corvette Racing and Team Chevy on social media. Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/TeamChevy, follow us on Twitter @CorvetteRacing and @TeamChevy, and add +TeamChevy into your Google+ circles.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cor123 For This Useful Post:

supraracer (04-29-2015)

19. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Thread Information