GM Inside News Forum banner

RUMOR: 2017 Camaro ZL1 to get 777hp?!

28K views 60 replies 36 participants last post by  ThosYoung 
#1 ·
This should totally be posted in the GMI Rumor section but I'm blocked from posting in that section.

I was just looking on Wiki for info on the Gen V LT4, and granted, being user offered info it isn't exactly the greatest news source by far, but there was an entry on it that says the 2017 Camaro ZL1, marked with "LTK" will make 777hp. Which one of you knuckleheads edited the wiki page just to mess with people?! :lmao:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_small-block_engine#Generation_V_.282013-present.29

#5 · (Edited)
"Last edited 2 days ago by an anonymous user"

If anyone checks the edit history the IP address should be there. Feel free to go after him :D

#47 ·
#17 ·
I'm guessing when the Gen6 Alpha Camaro was under development someone (Al perhaps?) decided to find the limits.. just how much HP/TQ can the Camaro Alpha platform really take and not come apart at the seams.

This Wiki entry is most likely fake... but in concept? Don't bet against it... not when FCA is printing money with the Hellcat twins (triplets soon). I'd bet there's a dev mule running around right now with more than 700HP... just to see if it would work...

#18 ·
GM could do it at any time, but they keep falling back on the "yeah, but our car can turn better" stance. I'm not complaining, but when is the last time that the top dog Camaro had more HP than the Vette?

When the Vette gets 800+ hp, the Camaro will see 777hp, and not a day sooner.

#42 ·
The only thing holding back the LT4 right now is the fact that GM was forced to go with a low profile supercharger in order to hit European pedestrian crash standards without having to raise the hood height on Corvette. In other words, they needed more "crush room" between the underside of the hood and the top of the engine so when you hit someone in Europe and they smash down on your hood, they don't get hurt. I say, screw the Europeans and their pedestrians. Put a proper supercharger on top of the LT4 and we will make some power without the massive heat problem.

Merica.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.