Refreshed XLR?

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Refreshed XLR?

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Refreshed XLR?

Does anyone know the status of the 2009 XLR?

From yesterday's Chicago Tribune:

It's that time when auto manufacturers don't seem to know whether it is the end of an old model year or the start of a new one.

So they roll out early 2009 models along with late '08s, a situation made possible by federal regulations that allow a 2009 to go on sale Jan. 1, 2008 -- provided the cars meet 2009 safety and emissions standards.

Model years aside, a significant number of new vehicles are on the docket from Jan. 1 to Oct. 1, the traditional start of the model year. Vehicles arrive when they're ready.

Here's what to expect:

. . .

and Cadillac will roll out the 2009 XLR roadster in July with fresh styling in and out.

. . .

Last edited by T-Type; 02-12-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: 2006 article removed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Butz's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    DC Metro

Re: Refreshed XLR?

The CTS-V will use a 4.6 liter V8 (non supercharged) putting out 420 horsepower.
    That's actually false! We all know what the CTS-V will be using. Oh and the article was posted in 08-28-2006 01:38 AM

Banned
    Thanks

I was wondering how Cadillac expected XLR to remain relevant with a new Jag and SL already out, not to mention things like the DB9

GMI Staff Member FenwickHockey65's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '03 GMC Envoy/'00 Ford Ranger

Cts-v=550 Hp.

Proud to drive American. Proud to drive GM.
    2003 GMC Envoy SLE
    4.2L Vortec 4200 I-6
    Airaid CAI

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC Lawnchair8's Avatar
    Thanks

Does anyone know if the next XLR-V will get the LSA?

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

it should get the ls9 like the vette

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Butz View Post
    That's actually false! We all know what the CTS-V will be using. Oh and the article was posted in 08-28-2006 01:38 AM
    Yeah, both articles are pretty worthless.
    My Current Ride: 2004 Z71 Silverado
    Family: Father 2009 Enclave CXL, Mother 2007 Solstice & Bro 2004 Z71 Silverado

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 asrapid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G View Post

All three V models will get significant horsepower increases. The CTS-V will use a 4.6 liter V8 (non supercharged) putting out 420 horsepower. The car will also be lighter than the current model to compete with the BMW M3 and M5 at the same time. The STS-V will use a supercharged 4.6 liter 520 horsepower V8. And the XLR-V will be the fastest GM production car ever built. The engine will use a supercharged 4.6 liter 540 horsepower V8. The car will share the same engine as the STS-V, but it will be slightly tuned to put it above the rest.

Here's a quote from Brent Dewar "We really want to aim for supercars this next time around. The new XLR-V will be second only to project Blue Devil in all of GM history. When the car is unveiled, it will be the fastest production GM car ever built. Expect a 0-60 time in under four seconds for the 2009 XLR-V."

Pricing will increase, but only slightly on all models. All three cars are due out in late 2008 as 2009 models.
    ah yes..that was good old times when everything was possible.
    But we will get 550 hp cts-v, no sts-v replacement, and probably no XLR replacement. So soon we'll have V series consiting of..one exellent model.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

I understand about the old "V" article, but the Tribune article mentioning a refresh of the basic XLR was from yesterday, in its Chicago Auto Show insert.

Quote Originally Posted by Butz View Post

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC JJSoCrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

I have actually spoke with one of the lead designers for Cadillac and she stated that the new XLR when remade will have a mid-engine and be the best luxury/hardtop conv/and performance coupe out there. This will arrive when the new Vette arrives.
    Long Live The Bird, Let It Return, Don't Forget It!

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Cadillac SRX

Quote Originally Posted by JJSoCrazy View Post
    I have actually spoke with one of the lead designers for Cadillac and she stated that the new XLR when remade will have a mid-engine and be the best luxury/hardtop conv/and performance coupe out there. This will arrive when the new Vette arrives.
    How would this be possible unless the Vette goes mid-engine?
    I got tired of waiting for GM to make a FWD convertible.

2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Sport Spyder
    2007 Cadillac SRX

Thanks

I was hoping the next XLR would look like a two seat Sixteen. The LSA would be perfect for it as well. But knowing GM and CAFE I have doubts for a future XLR.
    90 Sierra
    95 Caprice
    79 DeVille
    65 Corvair

Thanks
    My Ride
    GMC, Regal 2.0, SS Camaro

Has it been posted that next gen Solstice is moving to development with next gen Vette and XLR on some type of kappa/alpha mix and built in Bowling Green? It would make sense for the Alpha Caddy sedan to have an affordable (read that as 60K rather than 100K) convertible, and the Camaro moving to Alpha for gen 6 to share Vette parts; if there is a Pontiac at that point, then the small G sedan could pair with the Solstice in a similar relationship like the Caddy pair.....

GMI Staff Member Premium Member nadepalma's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Ford Fusion

Interesting news. With the Vette getting some nice updates in this model year, it seemed likely that the XLR would (hopefully) get some much needed attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbukukanyau View Post
    I was wondering how Cadillac expected XLR to remain relevant with a new Jag and SL already out, not to mention things like the DB9
    I too hope that they do update it. The XLR deserves more attention from the buying public than it gets, but certainly it is understood that it needs an better interior for the money.

I also wonder if they shouldn't offer it with a fixed-roof and make the convertible-hardtop optional? Afterall, that hard-top has to add weight, cost, complexity, no? Why not make it a option and try to shift more units?

If they could offer a fixed-roof model with a revised interior and chop $8K or $10K off the pricetag, it would create a true "Grand Tourer" for the marque and maybe create more showroom traffic.

Just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJSoCrazy View Post
    That has to be 2012 at the earliest since that's when the C7 is supposed to debut.
    "La vita č come un albero di Natale..c'č sempre qualcuno che ti rompe le palle!"

Thanks

Wonder if they are making room for Saab Sonett? Either Kappa or Alpha would be nice!
    Iraq War Vet 2003-2004

Wanted: (GM Holden)([[COLOR=Silver] to produce the best damn Caddy!

Waiting for 2'1? Cadillac Alpha

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information