Opel Insignia II (2017): Preview

16K views 36 replies 29 participants last post by  megeebee 
#1 ·
Opel Insignia II (2017): Preview
Auto Bild (Translated)
Author: Stefan Voswinkel
01/12/2015

Opel's new size
The next Insignia is a true designer piece - and is growing noticeably. There are a lot of technology from the luxury class. AUTO BILD reveals a year before its premiere all details!

The future of Opel goes by the cryptic name E2xx. No, that's not a robot out of a Star Wars movie, but the name of a new global platform of Opel's parent General Motors. And this is based on the new Insignia. Great expectations, including, for the second generation of the Insignia will finally be back to a large Opel - and in several dimensions. First there is the sheer size.
*Full Article at Link

#13 ·
Added aggression and size would be about right since it's staying on a fwd platform.

#17 · (Edited)
Your probably right 15cm would make more sense.

Keep in mind this is the same platform as the new 2016 Mailbu and likely a shorter wheelbase version of the new 2017 Lacrosse.

That wagon version is really sweet. Too bad we'll never see it in the U.S., but it would make a great spiritual successor to the now departed CTS wagon
Considering this is going to be related to the new Malibu I would love to see a Buick Voltec Wagon. I still think Buick is a brand begging for electrification and GM seems to be ignoring it on that front.

#20 ·
GM is strange that way. They will state that they can't be bothered making wagons or hatchbacks in North America because they can't retrieve the sunk cost to develop said vehicles. But if the vehicle already exists in Europe (most sedans over there have a wagon equivalent) or Australia (Cruze hatchback) they can't seem to bring it over.

Weird. OTOH we are dealing with the RenCen so logic is only sporadically applied.

BTW they should try bringing over the already developed (and paid for) brilliant bicycle carrier to try to differentiate this vehicle, but that would take some intelligence, and some guts. I think you can check notgonnahappen.com for that and other brilliant ideas already developed and paid for elsewhere in the world.

#22 ·
I liked the regal GS my friend leased. It was a nice car....yet for the most part the regal although a nice sedan did nothing in the marketplace.

Gm really just needs more cuv s and limit the number of sedans it's offering...

The sales are so weak in America I almost question why even bother..?

The verano is a nice car....
The regal is a nice car
The lacrosse is a nice car...

But I just don't see sales from these vehicles...

Then we have the Chevy
Sonic
Cruise
Malibu
Impala
Volt
Bolt

And sales are just ok

Let's now add in the
Cadillac ATS
Cts
Ct6

Again....just ok sales and I'm being kind...

#23 ·
I really hate the back and taillights on this rendering. The current one is still very attractive and fancy with the chrome bar beautifully integrated into the lights. I think the new designs are very bland and downright ugly. But if they have to get rid of the bar, I hope they go more along the lines of the blue rendering on the right, than the plain back on the left.

#36 · (Edited)
I really hate the back and taillights on this rendering. The current one is still very attractive and fancy with the chrome bar beautifully integrated into the lights. I think the new designs are very bland and downright ugly. But if they have to get rid of the bar, I hope they go more along the lines of the blue rendering on the right, than the plain back on the left. View attachment 34225
I don't know anything about this model; but I like the lower left hand white/silver rendition! It look modern and looks like the Chevrolet Impala which 2017 Buick LaCross and 2017 Malibu too!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#33 ·
I think it's a mistake to make it bigger on the outside. I think the current model's size is perfect. And they could carve out the back of the front seats to give a little more leg room like in my G6.

Still, even this image is just a photoshopped guess at what the product will look like. But what do we all think? Will this Regal update happen mid 2017 as a 2018MY? Usually Insignia goes first (to test it out), then Regal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.