Next Cadillac CTS-V to Get Force-Fed LT1 Engine - Page 3

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Cadillac CTS-V to Get Force-Fed LT1 Engine

lam
    Premium Member Premium Member lam's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Next Cadillac CTS-V to Get Force-Fed LT1 Engine

Quote Originally Posted by MCGARRETT View Post
    Raise your hand if you think that Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi and et al NEVER CUT COSTS?

Ok, now keep them up until you get slapped in the head, then you can put them down.
    Everybody raise your hand if you think that '' MCGARRETT'' a troll.
    Like the shameful, and down right disrespectful posting you did in the other Omega thread...........

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Darc Requiem's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Taurus SHO White

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    As for Omega cost cutting...told ya! It's more than door handles too! A certain "savior" in senior management is haggling over things that amount to less than $10/unit.
    This is worries me. This worries me greatly. If they are cost cutting on the Caddy flagship, what does that mean for the rest of GMs future models?

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2003 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    As for Omega cost cutting...told ya! It's more than door handles too! A certain "savior" in senior management is haggling over things that amount to less than $10/unit.
    Is this a self appointed "savior" maybe member of the Navy? O.o It sounds from MT's reporting that the car was designed to a top shelf price point, but is now being killed from a thousand cuts so to speak. Is that about right? -_-

Thanks

The question isn't what the door handles cost. The question is whether the extra cost gets a real benefit. Is there something tangibly, noticably nicer about the door handles? If they cost an extra $25 for the car, is there enough added oomph to them to justify, say, a $60 higher pricetag? That's the question, not whether there's a cheaper alternative.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 black c6 z51 m6 NPP

A twin turbo LT1 sounds about right. I agree it's more fuel efficient than supercharging and with direct injection it's a whole new ballgame.

The nonsense door handle rumor is just that.... Nonsense fodder

Thanks

they cut costs YES but at least the touch points do not feel like they came off a Corolla and the IMPLIED comments is these do VS the pricier version
    Please, many of the parts inside a Lexus are almost identical to the ones in a regular Toyota, even the $80K LS had the same 80's vintage microwave oven digital clock that a 1989 Camry had in the dash, so spare me.
    Last edited by MCGARRETT; 02-16-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) johnstarnes's Avatar
    Thanks

I won't worry about this too much as MT lost most of its credibility for me a LONG time ago.

4.4 Liter Supercharged Northstar LetsRace's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2004 Grand Prix GT

I will be very disappointed if GM cuts corners in the flagship. Very very disappointed.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    07 Corvette Convertible-Cruze

Great job GM. As for the cost cutting on the door handles, sounds to me like a bunch of you know what. An expensive car like that and to quiver over the price of doors handles is not believable.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Thanks
    My Ride
    07 Corvette Convertible-Cruze

Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    I would caution one to believe what GM releases to the media as the gospel truth as it seems that they now are playing the game of under promise, and over deliver. With that being said as much as I love the LSA, and the LS9 a twin turbo LT4 is far more compelling to me than a supercharged LT4.
    GM didn't build the LT1 just to put aside. The LT1 will be a class leading in MPG as oppose to the LSA and the LS9, It's best that GM now concentrates on it new high tech engines.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JBsZ06 View Post
    A twin turbo LT1 sounds about right. I agree it's more fuel efficient than supercharging and with direct injection it's a whole new ballgame.

The nonsense door handle rumor is just that.... Nonsense fodder
    I have had both Turbo and Supercharged vehicles in the performance arena. I would take an Eaton blower every day of the week. It's just that much better for my dollar.
    2012 Buick Regal GS , M6
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Limited V6

2.8 Liter Turbocharged V6 ogg vorbis's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS Pewte

they turbocharge ecotecs and V6, and they can't figure out how to turbo a V8?! Maybe emissions become a problem with the big V8 and turbo...which is not an issue with a supercharger (cat light off). You can also package the supercharger in the V, and keep standard exhaust...however, you have 60 bhp parasitic loss.

I would LOVE to see a Kenne Bell 2.8 on the LT4.

fwiw, the LS7 exhaust manifolds are a huge barrier to power...and the LT1 uses a similar design Headers should be a no-brainer mod. Hooker doesn't have the hole in the torque band like LG or american racing.

Cadillac can't afford to be penny wise. The ULS is a halo product...not bread and butter, or cash cow.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MCGARRETT View Post
    Oh I can hear the crying about the door handle rummor already.......

Thud....thud....thud...

Thats the sound of GMIers hitting the sidewalk.....
    Oh no doubt if there is one place on the web where one can come to get to pessimistic views about General Motors, GMI is the place.

What is sad is that many here don't have enough experience in the sales, marketing, or purchasing to know that every industry must be do everything possible to keep costs down. In the hospitality business hotels like the Ritz negotiate at length to get cost of bedding down to points so low that then buying 350 thread count sheets would make the average Walmart buyer of 100 count envious. Cadillac is doing no different than Mercedes, BMW, or Audi. This is where profits come from, because you can bet good money that if the Omega costs to much and yields a negative return it will be a one time generation vehicle.

Here's a helluva question. Since when is Motor Trend's words good for anything but wiping my buttocks?

Editor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,574 Times in 360 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingsmen View Post
    Oh no doubt if there is one place on the web where one can come to get to pessimistic views about General Motors, GMI is the place.
    Ah yes, because finding overwhelmingly positive, rose-colored-glasses-views of General Motors on the Internet is so easy. Not.

The thing about GMI: most of our members are actual owners, not just random armchair analysts spewing their animosity like, for example, YouTube.

I think many people, yourself perhaps included, think GMI should be the "glass is always half full" group of GM cheerleaders. The site has never been that and I'd argue we've been a service to GM by NOT being that way. There are plenty of examples on here where GM products have received a glowingly positive response from our members - ATS, C7, Sonic, Verano...to name a few.
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

Thanks
    My Ride
    2006 Chevrolet Impala LT

I do not understand why these leaks always get out at GM. I never see that happen with any other automaker. How in the heck did they find out about the door handles in the first place?

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information