Next Cadillac CTS-V to Get Force-Fed LT1 Engine - Page 2

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Cadillac CTS-V to Get Force-Fed LT1 Engine

Thanks

Re: Next Cadillac CTS-V to Get Force-Fed LT1 Engine

Yep, like the 4000 lb ATS.....

Whatever.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

GMI Staff Member Premium Member vanshmack's Avatar
    Thanks

GM, if you cheap out on ANY detail of the Omega car, you're simply dooming yourself to failure in this segment. The people who buy these cars will notice every little detail that you cost-cut, as all of the little things upon which you cheap out add up to one giant NO SALE.

DON'T SCREW THIS UP, GM.
    2006 Impala SS: 245,000 miles and counting
    2002 Camaro Z28 (M6) (Click for Info!); 484 RWHP/418 RWTQ. LQ4 block, LS3 heads and intake, lots of other stuff, too.
    2009 Saturn VUE XE AWD

Thanks
    My Ride
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

LOL at the door handle thing. If GM cannot make up $15 a car without cutting quality they are doing something terribly wrong.

The V sounds like it will be a beast and I'm sure it will crush the competition!
    2008 G8 Gt #825

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    As for Omega cost cutting...told ya! It's more than door handles too! A certain "savior" in senior management is haggling over things that amount to less than $10/unit.

Not to sound like one MGESCURO but how the hell is that mentality supposed to outdo "The Best or Nothing"? This is not the vehicle to cheap out for a quick buck. Bob Lutz's influence is dying a quick death.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's pray we will see a manual option for the CTS-V unlike like screw up with the SS sedan. Also I feel confident that we will see a proper flagship. I always take info from MT with a grain of salt.

Current rides: 08' Sunburst Orange Cobalt SS/TC
    12' VW Passat TDI Manual

6.0 Liter L76 V8 Premium Member CaddyLac10's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not buying the cost cutting rumor, just like I didn't buy the ATS weight rumor.

I'm certainly not going to take Motor Trend's word for it. They don't even know for sure. That's why they said "Rumor has it..." If the source that fed them this line was really in the know, it wouldn't be a rumor. Sounds like a publicity stunt.

Omega is about two years away and no one knows diddly about it yet.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FORD

I would caution one to believe what GM releases to the media as the gospel truth as it seems that they now are playing the game of under promise, and over deliver. With that being said as much as I love the LSA, and the LS9 a twin turbo LT4 is far more compelling to me than a supercharged LT4.

Thanks

IMO, the XTS already has about the best (beautifully lit) door handles on the market. And the ones on the interior are also great. Plus if there's one thing I can't stand, it's over-designed door handles. Like the ones on the most recent 2 generations of Z-cars are abominations. And the power door handles on the Tesla S are problems waiting to happen. So if the rumor is true, maybe the door handles got canned for other reasons than cost, and the original designer is just pissed about it and telling his/her friends at GMI.

Thanks

Of all the things to cut corners on, door handles would be the least advisable item to do that with. It's the first part of a vehicle anyone will touch, and it will inform opinions about the entire car.

I understand this is just a rumor, but it has the ring of truth, considering GM's bad old habits. One can only hope it's a false rumor..

But beyond that, if $15 worth of door handle expense is on the block, what else is being circumscribed?

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 Cobaltss_King's Avatar
    Thanks

I usually don't want GM to follow other auto makers but please follow MB and Audi and offer the LT1 to battle the V8's that will be in the next C63 and RS4. It will also help differentiate itself from a possible Buick GS sedan that maybe built off of alpha.

Current rides: 08' Sunburst Orange Cobalt SS/TC
    12' VW Passat TDI Manual

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2011 Grandsport

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    As for Omega cost cutting...told ya! It's more than door handles too! A certain "savior" in senior management is haggling over things that amount to less than $10/unit.
    Most stupid **** I ever heard. If you want to play in the big league you have to bring your best no cutting corner or haggling over cost of components. If you can get a equal of better component for less go for it, otherwise go with the best.

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks
    My Ride
    Denali/2006/black

I just hope I live long enough to see both engines in the CTS V and the ATS V! I love those cars.

Thanks

I'd vote for the turbo setup. Single or twin--whatever. As for the ATS----I doubt it would get any LT1 V8 variant--while it would fit--it would be in Camaro.
    Proud Pontiac Owner
    2004 Grand Am SE V6 with 1SB package. Faster then my 2,4L Cobalt auto was! More fun to drive too.

Thanks

Raise your hand if you think that Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi and et al NEVER CUT COSTS?

Ok, now keep them up until you get slapped in the head, then you can put them down.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 AVALANCHE

Quote Originally Posted by MCGARRETT View Post
    Raise your hand if you think that Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi and et al NEVER CUT COSTS?

Ok, now keep them up until you get slapped in the head, then you can put them down.
    they cut costs YES but at least the touch points do not feel like they came off a Corolla and the IMPLIED comments is these do VS the pricier version

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information