Next Cadillac CTS-V to Get Force-Fed LT1 Engine

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Cadillac CTS-V to Get Force-Fed LT1 Engine

GMI Canada Editor Premium Member ne_one's Avatar
    Thanks

MotorTrend
    February 16, 2013
    by Mike Connor

We hear that the 2014 Cadillac CTS-V may be powered by a new, force-fed V-8 based on the new Corvette’s LT1 engine. A final decision hasn’t been made, but we’re told GM is working on a twin-turbo design and a supercharged design, and one of them will be featured in the next CTS-V. The engine may also serve in the upcoming rear-drive flagship.

Speaking of the V-series and forced induction, we’re told the ATS-V is also on track, and we’ve confirmed it will be packing the new twin-turbo V-6 that’s been spotted in prototypes. But V-8 fans shouldn’t despair, because the ATS was designed with room for a V-8 as big as the 7.0-liter Corvette Z06’s; that plan isn’t dead.

It’s not all good news for future Cadillacs, though. We’re told the rear-drive, Omega-platform flagship sedan may have hit some rough water. Rumor has it GM’s old cost-cutting ways have reared their head in a fight over door handles. Our sources say the flagship was originally designed with S-Class-worthy handles that ran $5 apiece, but the cost-cutters decided to substitute parts that cost $1.80 each.

Full article at link.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

6.0 Liter L76 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: Next Cadillac CTS-V to Get Force-Fed LT1 Engine

This is pretty much what we've known for some time. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 MyImpalaSS's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2010 Impala SS(Black on Black)

Quote Originally Posted by ne_one View Post
    MotorTrend
    February 16, 2013
    by Mike Connor

We hear that the 2014 Cadillac CTS-V may be powered by a new, force-fed V-8 based on the new Corvette’s LT1 engine. A final decision hasn’t been made, but we’re told GM is working on a twin-turbo design and a supercharged design, and one of them will be featured in the next CTS-V. The engine may also serve in the upcoming rear-drive flagship.

Speaking of the V-series and forced induction, we’re told the ATS-V is also on track, and we’ve confirmed it will be packing the new twin-turbo V-6 that’s been spotted in prototypes. But V-8 fans shouldn’t despair, because the ATS was designed with room for a V-8 as big as the 7.0-liter Corvette Z06’s; that plan isn’t dead.

It’s not all good news for future Cadillacs, though. We’re told the rear-drive, Omega-platform flagship sedan may have hit some rough water. Rumor has it GM’s old cost-cutting ways have reared their head in a fight over door handles. Our sources say the flagship was originally designed with S-Class-worthy handles that ran $5 apiece, but the cost-cutters decided to substitute parts that cost $1.80 each.
    Full article at link.

Oh really..............Couldn't GM just design and make their own door handles? Hmmmmmmmm.....
    Current Cars:
    2010 Black Impala SS(my baby)
    2009 Gold Yukon Denali(wife drives it)
    2010 Black Hummer H3 Alpha(for my off-roading pleasure
    )

Future Cars:
    The Caddy Flagship
    C7 Corvette
    ATS 2.0T AWD Black exterior/Red interior(For my twins)

GM 4 LIFE!!!
    Nobody else does it better

Thanks
    My Ride
    Camaro SS/2010/Orange and Blue

Sounds interesting, should crack 600hp fairly easily and maybe 700hp in a ZR1/LS9esc application.
    "Get your kicks on Route 66.

Editor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yeah, we've known this for a long time.

It is the LT4.
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

Thanks

This can't come soon enough. I LOVE the CTS-Vs, but this year at NAIAS, I spent time in GM's and Mopar's new cars, and when I got to my dream CTS-V wagon the cracks in the armor appeared... ill-fitting trunk panels, dated interior... I am glad to see GM keep up on this car, and only hope to see a new CTS-V with a blown 600+hp LT-1 that will SMOKE the Europeans....
    Current rides: 2014 GMC Terrain, 2011 Dodge Durango.
    Past rides: 2013 Buick Verano, 2006 GTO, 2005 Vibe (best car I've ever owned), 2006 Odyssey (the worst vehicle I've ever owned), 2005 Envoy, 2002 Wrangler, 2002 S10, 2000 Sierra C1500, 1997 Sierra K1500 (2nd best car I've ever owned), 1996 Stratus, 1996 SW1 Saturn, 1994 Toyota Pickup (4x4 - 2nd worst car I've ever owned), 1992 Dakota, 1988 GMC Suburban, 1987 S10 Blazer, 1985 Scrambler, 1980 Tercel

Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Cadillac ATS - Black

I am almost more interested in the part of the article that talks about GM going back to real names. Hopefully there is some truth in that and not just made up journalism.

Thanks

Oh I can hear the crying about the door handle rummor already.......

Thud....thud....thud...

Thats the sound of GMIers hitting the sidewalk.....

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

$5 door handles, plz add it to the car and charge the buyer. Quality cost, you want cheap go some where else. Trust me cheap can turn a buyer off in a heartbeat. Now if you can get the exact look and feel of the $5 with $1.80 and the durability, well that is a no-brainer. Back to the real world spend the cash for good quality!!

3.6 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nsap View Post
    Yeah, we've known this for a long time.

It is the LT4.
    This makes it sound like maybe super or turbo charged though? I would think that aspect is already set in stone for the LT4. I would say it stays supercharged, but not sure if DI tends to change that?

Editor
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    This makes it sound like maybe super or turbo charged though? I would think that aspect is already set in stone for the LT4. I would say it stays supercharged, but not sure if DI tends to change that?
    Supercharged 6.2-liter = LT4
    "What's noteworthy about this rumor is that it came from GMInsideNews.com. That in itself gives it a bit more credibility." - Edmund's Insideline, June 21, 2008

E-Mail Me

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

So what exactly is an s-class worthy handle? If I'm not mistaken aren't the door handles already made of metal in the xts and ats? Hell it's been awhile since I've seen a cts up close, doesn't it have metal handles too? Of course the better question is; how did they even get this information in the first place?
    Last edited by Link2877; 02-16-2013 at 02:47 PM.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Amphibian's Avatar
    Thanks

CTS-V Supercharged/Twin-Turbo V-8
    Makes sense given that the current LSA/LS9 are blown versions of the LS3, so naturally a LTx with a blower or supercharger based on the LT1 could follow. Good news, regardless. I want to push Cadillac to offer V-Series cars with AWD (AWD tuned for the V-Series, mind you). Alpina and AMG are doing it, others will surely follow. Be one of the first to do it rather than wait until everyone else has proven you can. Besides, it's a good way to attack Audi's RS cars which can sell well in northern United States and Canadian regions where snow is prevalent.

ATS-V Twin-Turbo V-6 ... And V-8?
    So we'll get an ATS-V with the TTV-6 and a ATS-V Plus (of sorts) with a new big V-8 or what was being implied?

Cadillac Omega Door Handles
    REALLY?! We're fighting over less than $13 in building costs per car on a flagship automobile?

Thanks

With 600+ hp and hopefully a competitively efficient way to get it to the rear tires and onto the road, this could be a real winner ... even more so than the Gen II CTS-V.
    2005 CTS-V, LS6, Supercharged, Headers, and lots more. (garage queen)
    2011 Cruze ECO, 1.4T, 6-spd manual. (my DD)
    2012 SRX, 3.6, AWD. (wife's car).

Editor
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

As for Omega cost cutting...told ya! It's more than door handles too! A certain "savior" in senior management is haggling over things that amount to less than $10/unit.

E-Mail Me

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information