GM Inside News Forum banner

New Malibu Caught in the Wild.

29K views 124 replies 68 participants last post by  fastdriver 
#1 · (Edited)

See less See more
#17 ·
The new 'Bu looks terrific!
Does the new Malibu only arrive in white? Are any other colors planned?
Here's a base model Camry for comparison.

The Camry wheels need an upgrade, but the sanddust paint makes the whole car pop.

#25 · (Edited)

Very aggressive looking. A different take on the Impala and C7 styling and I love it. If they told me it had an LT1 in it I'd be like... "For Real?? Rev that SOB up then..."

#32 ·
Malibu Sports with a DI 3.6 good for 330 HP, standard AWD, tighter suspension tuning as the segment-best performer, anyone? Obviously, a low-production version, priced around $35k with alcantara touches and heavier bolstered seats. The vehicle would be a sort of "halo" Malibu that could draw attention to the car, and really set a benchmark for the segment... something Chevy has pretty well failed to do... really, ever. Although, along with the Aura, is was definitely class-leading competitive a few years ago.

Sure, it isn't going to make a huge dent in the sales of its competitors, but it would excel as an attention grabber, a great marketing tool, and would certainly appease someone who isn't yet ready to give up performance, but now needs a family sedan.

Reactions: ekseubert
#35 ·
Oh yes, been waiting on some kind of story about the upcoming 2016 Malibu. GM it seems is still fine tuning the car. As the release dates comes up we will see first impressions and reviews.

#41 ·
The front of the Malibu is my favorite. There's a disjointedness to it, but I can look past it in favor of how downright mean it looks. Makes me crave a SS version. And frankly since an Impala SS would get too close to the SS, maybe this is a nice option since it'd be one slot down in performance and price for Chevy.

The 2.0T doesn't quite do it for me. Its 250 horsepower is too 2008 for me. Same problem with the Fusion 2.0T and current Sonata 2.0T. The 8AT is nice to see though since many, GM included, have been resisting 8-9ATs in their FWD transverse applications.

#56 · (Edited)

Needed a comparison. And to be honest I like what moving the emblem up does. If I bought one though... the emblem would be body-color labeled anyway. I love me some Chevy, but I've always hated the Gold Bowtie

Can U do one without the changing of the LEDs? Not only could that not be realistically done after purchase, but Chevy isn't gonna change it either. The Blacking out of the grille would be done with some Plastidip and some gloss lacquer like I did for the Chrome strip on the C7

Reactions: Dequindre
#48 ·
I hope that nose looks better in the flesh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.