GM Inside News Forum banner

New Malibu Caught in the Wild.

29K views 124 replies 68 participants last post by  fastdriver 
#1 · (Edited)

See less See more
#60 ·
I like the bowtie moved up as well. I bet it wouldn't be too hard to do.
I once swapped the chitzy plastic grille emblem on the wife's old STS for a metal one off a DeVille Concours. Made a big difference.

#61 · (Edited)
It really would depend how the emblem is on there. If it's 3Med.. cool. If its riveted or screwed, then there will be holes to cover

#67 ·
No. Hopefully people's will to work for a nicer product, and not always have stuff given to them, won't screw them outta being able to buy whatever they want.

#69 ·
Sorry, no. I'll give you the Impala taillights but I had a Regal and this isn't even close. Other than a 6 side window design (which is significantly different), nothing else in common. Specs completely different. "Ever so slightly different nose". SERIOUSLY? You might want to put pics of the 2 side by side and re-evaluate.
Can you say "I need an eye exam?"

#68 ·
Hey 90z28ss thanks. Can U do one more exactly like that but with the bowtie like U has on the first chop?

#71 ·
Look.. I for one WANT GM to test the hell out of this car until the very last minute. They can release it for sales on Dec 31 for all I care. Its too important. More than likely they are going around picking up the line-backers in full gear and having them ride in the back-seat to make sure this time... there is nothing to bitch about. I kno I kno.. U will find SOMETHING tho.

BTW.. U use that smiley so much your real-life head must be scratched raw. No one is THAT confused.. all the time without a lifelong script of Quetiapine. :D

Reactions: 1958carnut
#79 ·
Does anyone else see Sonata in the rear?

#80 ·
Thanks!
Rear leg room still trailing competition. 38.1" vs 38.3 for Fusion, 38.5 for Accord and 38.9 for Camry.
All kinds of tech and safety nannies but curiously, no rainsense...AND Universal Remote door opener (Homelink) available only with a sunroof which includes a fixed skylite. WHAT?

#106 ·
I could not agree less. The current Malibu has one of the best sedan bodies of the last few years. It's distinctive and sporty, but also very clean and graceful. It's too bad they shortened the wheelbase so much.

I hate to give a verdict without seeing one in the flesh, but the new one looks like all the other pinched-blob, busy-front sedans out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.