GM Inside News Forum banner

Morgan Stanley Auto Product Guidebook Reveals GM Future Product Onslaught

21K views 50 replies 41 participants last post by  surgeont 
#1 ·
Morgan Stanley Auto Product Guidebook Reveals GM Future Product Onslaught
Truth About Cars
February 13, 2013
by Derek Kreindler

Yesterday, Morgan Stanley was kind enough to send TTAC a copy of their US Auto Product Guidebook.

Within the Guidebook, there was plenty of information on GM’s upcoming product offerings – stuff that’s usually speculation and conjecture in the autoblogosphere and the buff books. But we have reason to believe that Morgan Stanley’s chart is accurate.

Among the products listed in the report:

Buick: A Verano hatchback is apparently due this year

Cadillac: A redesigned SRX is due in 2014 and a Fleetwood – possibly the Ciel/S-Class fighter – will bow in 2015

Chevrolet: For 2013, the Orlando will apparently debut, though we’ve seen no movement on this so far. A “small SUV”, possibly the Trax, is set for 2014, while the Volt CUV is back on for 2015.

GMC: Tumbleweeds

Full article at link.

See less See more
#2 ·
Verano Hatchback? Yes please!

Cadillac Fleetwood (FTS?) Yes please!

Volt CUV? OH HELL YES!

#10 ·
The GM incompetence continues to astound.
When is GM going to sell a diesel passenger vehicle to compete with VW?
When is GM going to redesign their flagging truck line?
When is GM going to offer an SUV in a smaller, nimble package?
When is GM finally going to start building compact cars in North America?
And when is GM ever going to sell a full hybrid vehicle?

This is all so extremely galling

#11 ·
The GM incompetence continues to astound.
When is GM going to sell a diesel passenger vehicle to compete with VW?
The Chevy Cruze Diesel is coming in a couple months. Just look at the latest Autoline After Hours episode, and oh yeah look at the article on the front page OF THIS VERY SITE.
When is GM going to redesign their flagging truck line?
This summer the GMT900s are brand new. Granted the redesign is very very boring and doesn't really move the needle in the looks department vs. what was already out there.
When is GM going to offer an SUV in a smaller, nimble package?
I believe this article answers that, also the next gen Equinox/Terrain are said to be going on the Delta platform(Cruze/Verano)
When is GM finally going to start building compact cars in North America?
Cruze, Sonic, Verano just to name three, are built in Michigan and Ohio the last time I checked.

And when is GM ever going to sell a full hybrid vehicle?

This is all so extremely galling
Are you serious? Have you not been paying attention or are you still in 2008?

#31 ·
...did anybody check to see if GMNA/GMC has "trademarked" the name TUMBLEWEED(s)™ (wink,wink)?

#17 ·
Chevrolet: For 2013, the Orlando will apparently debut, though we’ve seen no movement on this so far.
I know I'm the only van guy on here but Astro replacement? We need a small cargo van for contractors. To this very day there's only 1 name in small vans for contractors, the Astro Van. You see one up for sale around here and it's gone the same day. Chevrolet IMO Owns the van market with the old Astro and the Express Van. After looking at the new vans Ford & Dodge are bringing to the table, I really hope Chevrolet nails these things to the wall. Because if they don't, sadly Nissan will be the beneficiary of all 3. And when you're charging 25-35 grand for an empty white shell and an engine, surely that's the highest profit margin vehicle of them all. This is Chevrolet's market to lose....

#29 ·
I friend of mine wants an Astro panel van and can NOT find one for a reasonable price and IMHO the transit connect is to pricey and to small (doesn't take a 4X8 sheet of PLY inside as it is METRIC sized) on the "full sized" vans I think the Ford Transit NON connect will "connect" with buyers and some will look @ the RAM thingy EX if it offers a LOW load floor and good FE as I believe the "white van" segment is even farther behind then the American full sized trucks on the MODERNIZATION front

and the FLEETWOOD/CIEL on Omega in 2015 works as there is talk of Omega "CHEAP" underpinning POST VF Commies in 2016 as VF is almost a "HEAVY MCE"

#23 ·
Has Morgan Stanley confirmed any of this? Anything from TTAC is usually scoffed at around here.

#49 ·
Considering MS is one of the bulge investment banks that took part of GMs IPO, they must know something about the lineup...assuming this came from directly from MS. I'm not sure if the planned lineup keeps in mind the numerous project freezes that occurred during the bankruptcy.

#25 ·
GM is the best manufacturer, bar none, at blabbering endlessly and sharing details about future products. They are masters as talking up the future, not promoting their present offerings, and bad mouthing their old models. It's truly inspiring to see in action.

#41 ·
Morgan Stanley?

I was waiting for that.

To bad Jack Palance is no longer with us to sing "The Tumbling Tumble Weeds" for this new GMC!! Although the thought of a tumbling GMC is not a good thing!:(
They can use a video.

Any info on the new Colorado?
Spring is coming.

#28 ·
That's all they print from this report?
What was the point?

I want to see the full report.

And STILL no mention of the Colorado/Canyon.

#32 ·
Fleetwood should be called the FTW!................the Caddilac FTW.

no more CUV's chevy please, when that fad is over like minivan craz, you are going to look stupid.

GMC needs a UTE, that Dunebuggy Concept, and that Denali XT concept.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.