GM Inside News Forum banner

Chevrolet TrailBlazer to Launch in US Next Year?

49K views 138 replies 76 participants last post by  KingLeonidas 
#1 ·
Chevrolet Trailblazer May Come to U.S. in 2014
Edmunds.com
By Rick Kranz
August 5, 2013

Just the Facts:
  • Chevrolet could expand its SUV lineup in the U.S. next year with the addition of a midsize model based on the Thai-built Trailblazer.
  • An industry source familiar with Chevrolet's product plans said a version of the Trailblazer SUV is expected go on sale in the U.S. in 2014.
  • Chevrolet officially says it has no plans to add another SUV/crossover to the portfolio.

DETROIT — General Motors' Chevrolet division could expand its SUV lineup in the U.S. next year with the addition of a midsize pickup truck-based model derived from the Thai-built Trailblazer.

The Trailblazer shares its global body-on-frame architecture with the midsize Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck. The Colorado, which was designed by General Motors do Brasil and jointly engineered with Japan's Isuzu, is slated to be built in the U.S. and introduced early next year as a 2015 model, along with a companion GMC Canyon.

"We have no plans to add another SUV/crossover to the portfolio," Chevrolet spokesman Mike Albano told Edmunds in an e-mail. "We are pleased with the way Equinox, Traverse and Tahoe/Suburban are performing in the marketplace."

But an industry source familiar with Chevrolet's product plans said a version of the Trailblazer SUV is expected to go on sale in the U.S. in 2014. It is not clear if the vehicle would be built in the U.S. or if it would retain the Trailblazer name.

See less See more
#71 · (Edited)
It looks beautiful next to the 2014 4Runner....which reminds me of grumpy cat. Toyota's Land Cruiser Prado, the basis for the 4Runner and Lexus GX, is one of the most boring, bare bones trucks on the road. They actually made them uglier when they Americanized them recently.

Seriously, I'd drive a Trailblazer. I can't stand most of the crossovers on the market today including the GM offerings.

I'd be thrilled to see a GM truck that wasn't clad with cheap looking plastic panels, lower front air dams, and chrome to make the truck look bigger and lower.

#9 ·
Their "industry source" is full of hot air and flim-flam. Just saying. -_- Reports like this really make me mad. THEY'RE NOT GIVING US ANOTHER TRAILBLAZER!!! What part of that don't people understand?? Especially not next year!! That's DEFINITELY NOT HAPPENING! Sorry. It sucks, I'd love to be able to have the choice for one, but we won't.

#18 ·
This should only come to the U.S. if they're giving it completely new sheet metal and calling it the GMC Envoy.

#26 ·
Never going to happen

#33 ·
When you see one it looks pretty decent

From some angles however it has an awkward stance around the rear door side profile

Interior wise it's basic but practical and I understand that an upgrade with MyLink is coming soon which should help lift it a little

The vehicle is not designed to be a soft roader its designed to be used and go offroad and tow (3000 kg or about 6600 pounds it's rated in Aus)

There is a market for that sort of vehicle that's not as large as your traditional American truck

#35 ·
It would be nice.
Put the updated U.S. Colorado face on it, lux it up, and go head to head with the Jeep GC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.