GM Inside News Forum banner

My Spy Shots of Updated Mazda CX-7!

8K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  ausrutherford 
#1 ·
I took this picture on my way to work this morning. The changes are subtile but the headlights have been changed to a more trangular shape. I did not get a shot of the back but the back bumber has gotten changed and has mesh like plastic in it like the new Mini Cooper. I hope either the 2.0 or the 2.5 EBs go into this updated one. There was also a new Mazda RX-7 behind it. Trust me it is very odd to see anything but BMW testers here in SC.

See less See more
#5 ·
If you have a photobucket account put the picture of the CX-7 there and copy and paste the IMG code into a post and it will show up

#7 ·
you should be able to copy and paste if you can put the image on phtobucket. If not I'll give u my email in a private message and I'll put it on photobucket for you and post it here

#8 · (Edited)
Heres the updated mazda pic austenrutherford shot

#11 ·
#16 ·
For all those who are looking at this from Jalopnik:

This is not the braw that some on there say it is. As I have said before the picture shows that the headlights have changed to a more Lexas RX-ish shape. The back bumper had added a mesh like plastic on the back end like the new Mini Cooper. It was followed by a new Mazda RX-8. I have looked at the back end of the current CX-7 and I remember that the tailpipes on this mule in the pic had them out farther making me think that there is a new engine in it. Remember Ford is killing the 2.3 I4 which the CX-7 has. Now back to the braw picture that someone posted. When looking at the braw you can see that only the fog light is showing. The mule still had the square opening in which the fog lamp is put in. There were not any fog lights on the mule. There were plastic bumps where they go. Also I believe that the CX-7 has standard painted mirrors, this does not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.