MKS-A winner

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MKS-A winner

jry
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member jry's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chrysler 300, others

MKS-A winner

Wow, how impressive. Not grandads lincoln.
    They demo'd the new Nav system that will find you movie times and where the cheapest gasoline can be bought, in your area. Slick. But better still is the overall appearance of the car. Solid, classy. The one we played with yesterday was a deep metallic black with a white interior. White is not my bag but the interior is top notch. Has a nice, high quality feel and appearance. The car is comfortable to sit in and all controls are in a good position. The dash is easy on the eyes. The steering wheel feels good. Nice design. Very roomy. The trunk reminded me of the real deep lincoln trunks of old. Full paper bags of groceries could sit in the trunk and not touch the lid when closed. I can hardly wait to drive one. I am skeptical about the drive as the wheel base is pretty short for a larger car (sts about 116", 300 120", etc). We'll see. I could see myself abandoning the STS for this. MSRP with the car totally loaded, including the large dual sunroof and AWD, is about 45K. That places it cheaper than what my '06 STS went for.
    '13 Chrysler 300 AWD, '14 Expy EL,'09 Escape Hybrid and shopping for a sports car.
    Good night and good luck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2b2
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 2b2's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: MKS-A winner

do go on, Jry!!!

Think that's the new TuxedoBlack - judging by DuSpinnst's pix (thread >> flickr) which reeaally captured the SparkleSparkle;
    public-LAIAS for us plebes only had the red one.
    I'm envious you got to sit in it

looking forward to your pix!!!
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two become a law firm, and three or more become a Congress."

Thanks

I'll take one please!

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

I just ignore all the nonsense people mention in regard to the MKS. Despite what many believe, Lincoln is most definetly on the rebound and they are putting out some fantastic products lately. Whats great about the new lincoln styling is that it is attracting conquest buyers and that is what Ford/Lincoln needs right now. While I like some of cadillac's products (CTS), their "sharp edged" styling only appeals to a certain group of luxury car buyers. I am young and the MKS (red with black interior, eco-boost and dual moonroofs) is really a dream car for me and I am in my early twenties. Keep an eye on Lincoln. The brand is truly becoming an underdog in the luxury segment.

Borg - I know you are a big Lincoln fan. What Lincolns were you drivng in the late 90s'? I've always had a thing for Continentals.

5.3 Liter Vortec V8 fenderbender's Avatar
    Thanks

Whiles it's definatly a step in the right direction..

It's still underpowered
    It's still FWD
    And it has some very hard competition which pretty much is already ahead of this
    Fender Bender

My Rides

1999 Chevy S-10 ZR-2 5 speed
    -K&N Intake | Custom Dual Exhaust | Cowl Hood
    Panasonic Head Unit | Dual Speakers | Legacy Rebel Amp | 10" Kicker Comp Subs

2005 Yamaha Kodiak 450 4X4
    -3000lb. Xtreme Winch| Removed Baffle
    Fog Lights

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks

The higher output engine may not be available initially but I would not call an estimated 340hp eco boost twin-turbo v-6 underpowered at all.

I would have liked RWD as well but the optional AWD most definetly has advantages.

It is a very cometitive segment but I think the features/price point/styling will win people over as opposed to ho-hum offerings like the Lexus ES330, Acura RL and Toyota Avalon, etc.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Xenon's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd buy a Hyundai Genesis before I will buy a MKS.

Ach
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jry View Post
    Wow, how impressive. Not grandads lincoln.
    They demo'd the new Nav system that will find you movie times and where the cheapest gasoline can be bought, in your area. Slick. But better still is the overall appearance of the car. Solid, classy. The one we played with yesterday was a deep metallic black with a white interior. White is not my bag but the interior is top notch. Has a nice, high quality feel and appearance. The car is comfortable to sit in and all controls are in a good position. The dash is easy on the eyes. The steering wheel feels good. Nice design. Very roomy. The trunk reminded me of the real deep lincoln trunks of old. Full paper bags of groceries could sit in the trunk and not touch the lid when closed. I can hardly wait to drive one. I am skeptical about the drive as the wheel base is pretty short for a larger car (sts about 116", 300 120", etc). We'll see. I could see myself abandoning the STS for this. MSRP with the car totally loaded, including the large dual sunroof and AWD, is about 45K. That places it cheaper than what my '06 STS went for.
    The MKS is beautifully done, no doubt about it. But like you I have concerns about the drive. Remember the MKS rides on what has been described as a "softened" Taurus suspension. That doesn't give me high hopes for a precise driving experience.
    The Fleet:
    2010 Ford Fusion Sport AWD
    2000 Ford SVT Contour
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee
    1985 BMW 635CSi

The Past:
    2007 Lincoln MKZ
    1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC
    1995 BMW 530i
    1998 Olds Aurora
    1994 Infiniti Q45t
    1988 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
    1989 Acura Legend Coupe L
    1989 Olds Eighty Eight Royale

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 igor's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    The MKS is beautifully done, no doubt about it. But like you I have concerns about the drive. Remember the MKS rides on what has been described as a "softened" Taurus suspension. That doesn't give me high hopes for a precise driving experience.
    that is a misconception spread around by misinformed media ...

the MKS rides on an all new platform called D32 it is in essence a second generation of the D3 platform, but the changes to its engineering are innumerable ...

this will become a Taurus platform in 2010 when the next gen Taurus debuts, but it is not the platform of the current platform. In essence, actually, the MKS is first Lincoln that rides on a Lincoln platform since ... forever. The D32 was developed because D3 would not meet the Lincoln refinement requirements, and could not handle the EcoBoost engines (340hp Ford announced is grossly underrated). The D32 was developed specifically to satisfy Lincoln, and will then be adapted (cheapened) for Ford.

In turn, the 2010 Taurus will be the First Taurus ever to ride on a Lincoln Chassis.

Igor

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Hitman1970's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Regal Turbo PG1 Cr Red Tc

This vehicle will definately be on my consideration list the next time I purchase a sedan.
    Current: 12 Buick Regal Turbo Premium I Group (Crystal Red/Cashmere with sunroof) and 09 Saturn Outlook XR

Previous: 09 Pontiac G8 GT (09-12), 06 Buick LaCrosse CXS (06-09), 05 Ford Freestyle SEL (05-09) 02 Hyundai Elantra GT (01-06), 00 VW Jetta (00-05), 85 Mercedes 350 SEL (99-01), 84 BMW 316 (98-99), 90 Mitsubishi Mirage(91-98), 79 Chrysler LeBaron (88-90), 73 Dodge Dart Swinger (87-88).

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Michael_S's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ach View Post
    The proof is in the driving, but if you read the press releases it's a much more expensive setup, which does not mean softer. Hopefully the money was well spent, and it gives a comfortable ride without compromising driving dynamics.

Firebird Concept (the turbine one) wescoent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    that is a misconception spread around by misinformed media ...

the MKS rides on an all new platform called D32 it is in essence a second generation of the D3 platform, but the changes to its engineering are innumerable ...

this will become a Taurus platform in 2010 when the next gen Taurus debuts, but it is not the platform of the current platform. In essence, actually, the MKS is first Lincoln that rides on a Lincoln platform since ... forever. The D32 was developed because D3 would not meet the Lincoln refinement requirements, and could not handle the EcoBoost engines (340hp Ford announced is grossly underrated). The D32 was developed specifically to satisfy Lincoln, and will then be adapted (cheapened) for Ford.

In turn, the 2010 Taurus will be the First Taurus ever to ride on a Lincoln Chassis.

Igor
    Well.. not entirely unprecedented...

The 1961 Lincoln Continental and Ford Thunderbird were developed on a common unitized structure, and since the Taurus is Ford's new large, premium car...

But yes... believe me when I say that the MKS is much more E-Class 4MATIC than it is Town Car.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 Michael_S's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn if the classic Continental wasn't one of the most beautiful sedans ever built.

R2-D2 Astromech Droid Premium Member
    Thanks

This is a car that I wish I could hate but I can't. It's a nice piece.
    All are heartily encouraged to check out and join the Facebook group for my automotive blog: https://www.facebook.com/groups/theautomotiveattic/

jry
    7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member jry's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2013 Chrysler 300, others

Quote Originally Posted by fenderbender View Post
    Whiles it's definatly a step in the right direction..

It's still underpowered
    It's still FWD
    And it has some very hard competition which pretty much is already ahead of this
    I'll bet most folks get this in the AWD mode.
    It is in no way underpowered. My 98 continental had the intech 32 valve V8 which only had probably 280 horsies and moved it pretty well. This new 3.7 V6 should do a great job, with or without the turbo boost. My STS4 has the original 3.6 liter V6 with less horse power than what the MKS has and it is fairly peppy. I'd be plenty happy with the naturally aspirated 6 that is standard with this car.
    '13 Chrysler 300 AWD, '14 Expy EL,'09 Escape Hybrid and shopping for a sports car.
    Good night and good luck.

17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information