GM Inside News Forum banner

Lincoln Teases on Facebook

4K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Amphibian 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#11 ·
Consensus is that it'd be the new MKX, and given the timing I'd have to agree.

This is as crucial for Lincoln as the 2010 SRX was for Cadillac, if not even more so. Hopefully this is unique inside and out from the upcoming second generation Edge, much the way the MKC and current MKZ are unique from their Ford versions. I'm guessing the 2.0T and/or 2.3T will make an appearance here along with a V-6 option. The 3.7L is in the MKZ but could be dropped in favor of the 3.5L, and the new turbo V-6 could be used instead or as a premium offering above the turbo-4 and NA V-6. This would be somewhat nice in light of the SRX and RX offering no such thing. And although it's not ready now, Ford's gonna need something more than a 6AT.

Either way, this needs to be great or Ford risks having buyers step "down" to the MKC if this, other than some extra space, doesn't seem to offer a whole lot more.

#21 ·
I don't see any rose tint to the color and I agree with jesda that it looks like a color from the 1990s. But at least it's not the ultimate non-color: silver. I like the direction Lincoln appears to be heading in. My household has owned seven Lincolns and I'd love to get another one....provided it's not a deluxe Ford or Mercury wannabe.

#23 ·
The next MKS better be that car, D3 or not. Hard to believe in 2014 that one can walk into the Lincoln dealer and buy a MKS or walk into a Hyundai dealer and buy an Equus. Soon enough, a K900 in a Kia dealer. Ugh. They should've just based a Continental on the Fairline back in the late 90s, given it the Mark VIII's 290 horsepower V-8, and put it above the Town Car while they developed a real middle car between the LS and Continental with the Town Car being Lincoln's XTS.

#24 ·
Luxury large car sales are falling,the growth areas in Luxury are
1) mid sized sedan,
2) compact SUV,
3) compact sedan.

While large luxury cars are nice to have on the showroom, retail customers are simply not buying self drive large cars.
Lincoln's town car was relegated to the level of livery airport transport, that's why Lincoln 86ed it.

#27 ·
Indeed. The trouble is that the MKZ is already midsize and the MKS probably won't be expensive enough to slot something between them. It's a mess. Instead of what we'll get (and I do hope it's as good as the XTS for Lincoln's sake, so they at least have some volume), we should've had a RWD platform midsize car. Even then the similarly sized MKZ could chomp some sales from this hypothetical car. So sad because for AT LEAST 15 years Ford has had the ingredients to make such a car for Lincoln but simply hasn't. Ditto a proper flagship. They were too busy trying to make something out of Jaguar I guess, and I suppose Land Rover and Volvo to boot. The LS should've been the start of something new at Lincoln like the CTS was for Cadillac.

Oh, to dream!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.