Ford sold 1,259 C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrids in November

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ford sold 1,259 C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrids in November

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks
    My Ride
    FG Falcon Utility

Ford sold 1,259 C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrids in November

LINK

Ford reported selling 1,259 units of the C-MACX Energi plug-in hybrid in November, with cumulative sales of 1,403 units including 144 units from October, when the vehicle went on sale. Ford also reported its best month yet for the Focus Electric, with 172 units sold, bring the total for the year through November to 518 units.

Those results place Ford, with total plug-in vehicle sales for the month of 1,431 units, behind Toyota, Nissan and GM—respectively first (1,766 units of Prius PHV); second (1,539 LEAFs); and third (1,519 Volts)—in plug-in vehicle sales for November. (Earlier post.)

In total, Ford sold 4,848 C-MAX models in the US in November, 74% of them the regular C-MAX hybrid, 26% of them the Energi plug-in hybrid variant. (In November, Toyota’s Prius PHV accounted for 10.7% of total sales of the Prius family.)

Sales of the C-MAX hybrid increased 18% from the October results of 3,038 units. Total C-MAX (hybrid and PHEV) sales through November are 8,999 units. Sales of other Ford car hybrid models were:

Fusion: 1,834
    Lincoln MKZ: 282

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 ElmerMCR's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ford sold 1,259 C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrids in November

C-MAX seems to be doing pretty dang well in the market, even as a new player. Nice to see.

Thanks
    My Ride
    FG Falcon Utility

Quote Originally Posted by ElmerMCR View Post
    C-MAX seems to be doing pretty dang well in the market, even as a new player. Nice to see.
    Yeah, apparently it's very popular in California....
    I wonder if lack of Volt stock there was sending potential buyers over to C-Max.
    but from what's being said, a significant number of Prius buyers switched camps...
    Last edited by jpd80; 12-05-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks
    My Ride
    2012 Impala LTZ "Nancy"

I have seen about 3 Volts and 2 C-Max's in Racine which is saying ALOT...For reference to non-locals, we have a higher crime rate than Compton and the median household income for 2009 was $35k.
    www.basilonestopshop.com
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Channel: C00120B93
    Basil One-Stop Shop BBM Customer Service Chat Available

3.0 Liter SIDI V6
    Thanks
    My Ride
    '14 CX-5, '12 Chrysler 200

I am not a fan of much of what ford is doing lately, and there isn't much to the Cmax that I like (at least as far as how it looks.) However, I would be more likely to buy one than the Volt simply because it has more space. The Volt is great, but the time has come for GM to make a second version, one that is bigger than a typical low-to-the-ground compact car.

Thanks
    My Ride
    FG Falcon Utility

Quote Originally Posted by Smellhound View Post
    I am not a fan of much of what ford is doing lately, and there isn't much to the Cmax that I like (at least as far as how it looks.) However, I would be more likely to buy one than the Volt simply because it has more space. The Volt is great, but the time has come for GM to make a second version, one that is bigger than a typical low-to-the-ground compact car.
    Agreed, GM needs to do more with Voltec and I hope it picks something like a small to medium Utility to capture a different part of the market..

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information