GM Inside News Forum banner

{CNBC** Ford plans busy year with 16 new models in North America

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  ksr 
#1 ·
Ford Motor said Thursday the company will launch 16 new models in North America this year, amid questions about whether automakers are flooding markets with too many cars too quickly.

In an interview on CNBC's "Squawk Box" Ford's president of the Americas Joe Hinrichs said the No. 2 U.S. automaker was confident that the market could absorb the new products despite mass recalls dogging the auto industry. Recently, Ford was forced to recall its Escape sport utility vehicle, costing the company about $300 million.
Read more at:http://www.cnbc.com/id/101377055

#6 ·
how about:

MKC, Navi MCE, MKX
Mustang, F150, Edge
Transit Connect, Transit(E van replacment),
Expedition, SuperDuty,
C-max MCE, maybe Grand C-Max?
does the Fiesta count?
Focus MCE
Fusion ST (2.3EB)

#17 ·
When is the new Expedition going to be revealed? I expected it right after the Navigator but haven't seen anything yet.

#19 ·
Guess not. Wonder what they are waiting for?

I used to really like the Expy, just not the Triton Engine. EB or 5.0L should take care of that.

#20 ·
Went to the Pittsburgh auto show on Friday. Typically for Pittsburgh, we didn't get GM's latest: no ATS coupe, no Colorado/Canyon.

The 2015 Mustang was there. I was looking forward to seeing it, but it left me very underwhelmed visually. I'm sure that it will be a wonderful vehicle, but stylistically I was expecting more. It seems very evolutionary and no game-changer. Parked near the 2014s, it didn't stand out from them when you approached from the front. The rear is quite different, though perhaps not better than a 2014. I often find that cars look better in person. With the Mustang, for me it's the reverse; seeing it in person was a letdown.

On the other hand, I find myself more and more impressed with Lincoln. The MKz is a beautiful car. The upcoming MKc looks very impressive. They may not be a match for Cadillac, but they're a very stong alternative to Buick. If they can improve the MKs and perhaps add something fun, like a coupe/convertible, they could be a real contender. If the Lincoln name isn't too far gone.

#21 ·
As has been stated the 16 is a rather loose number, just like GM's 15 for 2014 is.

--------------------------------

That is bizarre, no ATS Coupe or either of the Mid-Size Trucks!? WOW, guess we are spoiled in Detroit, kind of defeats the purpose of going to the show, might as well just to a Dealer!?

Did they have the new F150?

#22 · (Edited)
Define "model". Is a model a new car, or is model a variation on an existing platform? The Mustang alone will have several variations; Mustang, Mustang GT, Mustang 350, future top dog Mustang?

Regardless, due to car manufacturers squeezing as many vehicles as possible out of one architecture, I find it very hard to believe any auto manufacture would be able to afford introducing 14 new architectures in a single year. But introducing new variations on platforms and marketing them as a separate models; that I believe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.