GM Inside News Forum banner

2010 Fusion Information/Photo Source

51K views 76 replies 20 participants last post by  FastPanther 
#1 · (Edited)
2010 Fusion Information/Photo Source

Photos:

Engines/Info:

• 2.5L 4-Cylinder: 175 HP/172 lb.-ft. (33 MPG highway)
  • 3.0L V6: 240 HP/228 lb.-ft.
  • 3.5L V6: 263 HP/249 lb.-ft.

**6-speed manual transmission available on 4-cylinder
**6-Speed automatics across the entire lineup
**Hybrid models come with a CVT transmission
**AWD is only optional on V6 models

Estimated Mileage:

2.5l I4 (auto or stick) - 22/33mpg
3.0l V6 FWD - 19/28mpg
3.5l V6 FWD - 18/28mpg
3.0l V6 AWD - 18/27 mpg
3.5l V6 AWD - 17/24 mpg

Where is ECOBoost???

All 4-cylinder ECOBoost engines have been pushed back to 2011. The 3.5L ECOBoost V6 is still on for other Ford models next year.

Prices:

2010 Fusion SE FWD Rapid Spec #200A $21,270
Rapid Spec #201A $21,815
Rapid Spec #202A $22,165

2010 Fusion SEL FWD Rapid Spec #300A $24,700
Rapid Spec #301A $25,595
Rapid Spec #302A $26,495

2010 Fusion SEL AWD Rapid Spec #300A $28,160
Rapid Spec #301A $29,055
Rapid Spec #302A $29,955

2010 Fusion Sport FWD Rapid Spec #400A $26,550
Rapid Spec #401A $27,445
Rapid Spec #402A $29,545

2010 Fusion Sport AWD Rapid Spec #400A $28,400
Rapid Spec #401A $29,295
Rapid Spec #402A $31,395

2010 Fusion Hybrid Rapid Spec #500A $27,995
Rapid Spec #501A $29,590
Rapid Spec #502A $31,940

**Max price of a loaded AWD Sport is $33,000.

See less See more
#2 ·
Guys this is a work in progress. I want a one-stop post for everyone to come to for simple, fact-based information on the new Fusion. It's an important car for Ford and needs to be given the proper amount of attention on our Ford forum.

#10 ·
At the time ford wanted as many models as possible to start with the letter F (ford freestyle, ford five hundred, ford fusion etc). unfortunately that did not generate high enough sales numbers so ford ditched that and thus thats a key reason for the name change from contour to fusion. And in the case of the 500 it was for two reasons

1. The five hundred name was not as familiar to customers as the Taurus nameplate and Ford realized that the new name was not working (in terms of sales) and decided to bring back the Taurus nameplate to try and win back customers

2. The 500 itself was a bad car that was underpowered and lacking in exterior and interior styling. When it was redesigned Ford wanted to correct all of those flaws

#12 ·
Ford claims hybrid version to be at least 5 more mpg than a Camry hybrid at 34mpg.
So 40 mpg is probable.

Ford seems to have hit the sweet spot with performance and fuel economy.
Nobody wants to drive a moped, like the Prius.

Love that cool dashboard too.

#19 · (Edited)
the 2009,2010 auto shows will be interesting since Ford its on a roll with all the products that are coming

Fusion
Milan
MKZ
Mustang
MKT
Focus
Taurus
Fiesta
Mercury Small car, im wondering could it be the Ka
refreshed Edge and MKX

and lets hope some surprises:lmao: and has anyone seen the Edge with the sport package?

#22 ·
^ I hope that's right, Ausrutherford. I really REALLY want a C2 Mercury!!! :)

#24 ·
I'm just (still) using "C2" to mean the next/global gen
(until Ford tells us its real name) cuz I've been saying "C2" for sooo long ;)
but
imho Mercury's "small vehicle" will be global-Focus-based
plus
that "whitespace vehicle" will be a Merc too!

(I'd better stop before I start re-listing my whole Ideal Lineup)

#30 ·
Not quite but your close i did see two Nude testers out and about at MPG and the tailights are pretty similar but expect them to be more like Jalopniks renderings that they posted awhile back

#33 ·
Now what Ford should do is kill the dud Taurus (as if the name change did anything to lacklustre sales) and stop spending on its replacement, but rather redo the Falcon in order for it to become the global car. Make the Mondeo a Mercury, also in Europe, and allow it to be all-out with its upscale intentions, rename the Euro Fusion to Flex or something with the generational change and introduce a Ford Falcon priced to kill the Skoda Octavia and Hyundai Sonata.

#36 ·
1. The Mondeo is already larger than the Sonata. Check your facts. The latest slew of European small family cars are only smaller than the USDM Accordion.

2. The i40 will indeed replace the Sonata - worldwide. It might happen that the estate will not make it to the US, but all in all Sonata will be replaced by the same model - as concerns the name, God only knows.

3. How will Taurus and Falcon merge in 2012 if there is a 2010 Taurus in development, and it is FWD???

#40 ·
That is much nicer than the outgoing Fusion. I had a rental Fusion for a couple of days last year, it was OK. It handled very nicely, much better than a rental Camry I had -- why do people buy those things, I'll never know. I hope Ford does exceptionally well with this car.

#43 ·
well as far as the Taurus/Falcon Merger is concerned - it is on hold - BF will soldier on with US engines for a little longer than expected.

However - yes, according to sources - the Superman taurus was just a stop gap for a few years. Now it seems it might get its full 5 year run .. besides -it looks perfectly executed ... so it deserves it.

I would not call the 2010 a facelift .. it moves from the D3 (Taurus) to the D4 (D3-2 if you will) (MKS) - a LOT of change goes with that. IT is a a re body of the MKS - not a facelift of the 09 Taurus ...
Igor

#46 ·
there is nothing old about the Taurus - it is true Gen2 in ford's nomenclature

remember their plan:
- top hat changed every 3 years - facelift, all new, facelift - all new (3,6,9, 12)
- platform changed every 6 years - facelift, all new (6,12)

so 2010 is the 6 year mark: all new top hat on a facelifted platform.

the 2011 Focus is the same thing, as will be the 2012 Kuga/Escape and 2013 Fusion

the 2010 is an all new car - everything yo ucan touch, or feel while driving is new .. it will do just fine for 5 years.

The explorer (besides being ill timed) failed on looking identical sincewhne 2000?

Igor

#49 · (Edited)
Why not? It is an all-new (by auto industry standards) large car, I'd say 5 years is a bit too short, assuming a facelift in between. I question the need for a large FWD car seeing the direction the market is heading, especially given Falcon's flagging sales in Oz and nonexistence in important markets (Middle East, China, Latin America).

the 2011 Focus is the same thing, as will be the 2012 Kuga/Escape and 2013 Fusion
Wait a moment... THREE more seasons for the zombie Escape? This segment is far too important... And Ford bothers building yet another mid-to-large people mover...

#50 · (Edited)
Why not? It is an all-new (by auto industry standards) large car, I'd say 5 years is a bit too short, assuming a facelift in between. I question the need for a large FWD car seeing the direction the market is heading, especially given Falcon's flagging sales in Oz and nonexistence in important markets (Middle East, China, Latin America).

Wait a moment... THREE more seasons for the zombie Escape? This segment is far too important... And Ford bothers building yet another mid-to-large people mover...
It could be a early my12.

And what is so zombie about the Escape. t has the best gas mileage in its class, the Hybrid as well. And next year most likely it will get flex fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.