TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

  1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

    Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!
     
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

  1. #1
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC bad03xtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    354
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    My RF TPMS sensor keeps throwing errors and I had the dealership "fix" it once and they reset all the sensors but the same one keeps acting up and showing --

    Now I am about 30 miles from 36k will this be covered after 36k miles or do I need to go straight to the dealership before I go over 36k for it to be covered?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    K-1
    K-1 is offline
    6.2 Liter LS3 V8 K-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    3,726
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
    My Ride
    2012 Traverse Black Granite

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Will be covered under the 36k B2B. The dealer may goodwill the expense shortly after 36k. Depends on how generous they're feeling.

  4. #3
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,341
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Not that TPMS sensors are that expensive, but always worth a shot.

  5. #4
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC bad03xtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    354
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Anything more expensive than free is over my budget at the moment...

    Thanks, I guess I should drive straight to the dealer and hope I make it in under 36k

  6. #5
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,341
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by bad03xtreme View Post
    Anything more expensive than free is over my budget at the moment...

    Thanks, I guess I should drive straight to the dealer and hope I make it in under 36k
    Drive it backwards, it brings your mileage down instead of up!

  7. #6
    3.0 Liter SIDI V6 GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    652
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by bad03xtreme View Post
    My RF TPMS sensor keeps throwing errors and I had the dealership "fix" it once and they reset all the sensors but the same one keeps acting up and showing --

    Now I am about 30 miles from 36k will this be covered after 36k miles or do I need to go straight to the dealership before I go over 36k for it to be covered?
    Depending on the mileage listed at the in-service date, your bumper-to-bumper may actually be slightly over 36,000 miles so you might have some breathing room in that regard, assuming that you are still within the 3 years.

    If you would like the exact mileage and date your warranty is set to expire you can just message me privately with your VIN.

    -Jared Duane
    GM Customer Service
    Follow us @GMCustomerSvc on Twitter.

  8. #7
    4.6 Liter Northstar V8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,656
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 162 Times in 99 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by GM Customer Service View Post
    Depending on the mileage listed at the in-service date, your bumper-to-bumper may actually be slightly over 36,000 miles so you might have some breathing room in that regard, assuming that you are still within the 3 years.

    If you would like the exact mileage and date your warranty is set to expire you can just message me privately with your VIN.

    -Jared Duane
    GM Customer Service
    Way to go Jared!
    "Good artists copy, great artists steal" Pablo Picasso

  9. #8
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC bad03xtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    354
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    I bought it used so I am not 100% sure on the date. If I send you the VIN can you tell me?

  10. #9
    5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,384
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 25 Times in 16 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by fp115 View Post
    Not that TPMS sensors are that expensive, but always worth a shot.


    Have you ever priced the cost of one replacement TPMS sensor from GM for a 1997 - 1999 Corvette? The list price exceeds $180.

  11. #10
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC bad03xtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    354
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Ouch! Another reason to try and get this thing replaced while under warranty.

  12. #11
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,341
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1999 White C5 Coupe View Post
    Have you ever priced the cost of one replacement TPMS sensor from GM for a 1997 - 1999 Corvette? The list price exceeds $180.
    Geez, where did you buy that from? I just looked it up on the catalog and it runs for $10. Someone ripped you off...

  13. #12
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    6,058
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 156 Times in 99 Posts
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by fp115 View Post
    Geez, where did you buy that from? I just looked it up on the catalog and it runs for $10. Someone ripped you off...
    Damn, I need to start shopping for parts in the same place you do.

    GMPartsDirect lists the MSRP of that tire pressure sensor at $183.24 and they sell it for $95.28 which is almost 10 times the price you say it should be.

    Can you pass along the contact information for where you are finding such cheap prices????
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

  14. #13
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 fp115's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,341
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhhr View Post
    Damn, I need to start shopping for parts in the same place you do.

    GMPartsDirect lists the MSRP of that tire pressure sensor at $183.24 and they sell it for $95.28 which is almost 10 times the price you say it should be.

    Can you pass along the contact information for where you are finding such cheap prices????
    Does that include the stem? Is that the price for 1 or 4? Is it black or chrome? I just paid $156 for 4 TPMS sensors with chromed stems. If I would have gotten black, they would be $39.

  15. #14
    6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 calgaryhhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    6,058
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 156 Times in 99 Posts
    My Ride
    06 Chevy HHR 09 Ford Flex Ltd

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by fp115 View Post
    Does that include the stem? Is that the price for 1 or 4? Is it black or chrome? I just paid $156 for 4 TPMS sensors with chromed stems. If I would have gotten black, they would be $39.
    For the corvette in question that is the price for a single, stand-alone pressure sensor. I think it is black. A set of 4 would run between $400 and $750.
    Research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.

  16. #15
    2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    437
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: TPMS sensor bad, covered under warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhhr View Post
    For the corvette in question that is the price for a single, stand-alone pressure sensor. I think it is black. A set of 4 would run between $400 and $750.
    High speed sensors, lol.

  17. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements
     

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.2