Touch Screen OEM Navigation - Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Touch Screen OEM Navigation - Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC Z71RoadKing's Avatar
    Thanks

Touch Screen OEM Navigation - Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade

Just letting folks know that I succesfully installed a factory Navigation system with video input into my Z1 06 Tahoe. I got everything I needed on ebay. It was really easy and no cutting of any wires was required for the nav system. Plug and play.

There is a company called PAC that makes all the accessories to make watching TV on your factory navigation system a piece of cake. Here is the link to the VCI-GM2 that worked great for me.

PAC Video accessories

I also installed rca connectors in my glove box for ipod video and sound input and ran jumper rca jacks up the roof liner to the dvd system to interface with that unit so video from the ipod works on both the nav system and the rear seat entertainment system.

This is a great setup and is fairly inexpensive. On top of that I got one of those $40 rear cameras from ebay and installed that as well. So I got the following

- Navigation Touch screen
    - Video
    - Rear camera
    - Ipod sound input

If anyone wants to do this as well I can post part numbers.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

2.4 Liter SIDI ECOTEC
    Thanks

Re: Touch Screen OEM Navigation - Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade

Hey.. I am getting an 06 tahoe now, with the navigation screen. I wanted to hook it to a back up camera as well. Its cool to see someone did this already and has first hand experience, ill send ya a msg

2.5L Iron Duke
    Thanks
    My Ride
    2007 Impala LTZ 3.9 V6 w/AFM

Just bought a 2005 Suburban Z71. Can you please post the part numbers you used. Also, you mentioned that the install was really easy and no cutting of any wires was required for the nav system. Plug and play. Did you have to install an antenna for the GPS?

Thanks

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CAPSFan View Post
    Just bought a 2005 Suburban Z71. Can you please post the part numbers you used. Also, you mentioned that the install was really easy and no cutting of any wires was required for the nav system. Plug and play. Did you have to install an antenna for the GPS?

Thanks
    Id like to see the part numbers also. My FIL has been asking for me to help him do this on his Suburban so ive been poking around over at chevy parts and not sure im coming up with the right part numbers. Can you also tell me what ebay seller you got the backup camera from? I think this would make a excellent how to write up if you feel like giving it a go.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information