Location of MALL PGM Fuse

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Location of MALL PGM Fuse

Thanks

Location of MALL PGM Fuse

I just bought a new key fob for 2005 Grand Prix GTP (dealer wanted me to spend $90 dollars on new fob and programming WTF!!) off of EBAY for $13 with shipping and i can not find the MALL PGM fuse that the instructions are telling me to find and unplug. Any ideas on where I can find that fuse or does anyone have a picture of the fuse's location.

Thanks
    Bmartin

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks

Re: Location of MALL PGM Fuse

The dealer is correct & the Ebay vendor lied:

2005 Pontiac Grand Prix | Grand Prix (VIN W) Service Manual | Document ID: 682874
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transmitter Programming
    Important: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

Install a scan tool.
    Use the scan tool in order to access programming
    : Vehicle Control System/Computer Integrating System/Module Setup/BCM/Program Key Fobs.
    Press the START soft key on the scan tool.
    Important: The scan tool must stay connected until all of the transmitters are programmed.

Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of 5-10 seconds, the scan tool will indicate that the transmitter is programmed.
    Repeat the previous step in order to program up to 4 transmitters.
    Remove the scan tool.
    Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

6.2 Liter LS9 Supercharged V8 2002 Caddy's Avatar
    Thanks

I bought a used #1 fob for my caddy off of ebay for $6.00... Most dealers will program even a used fob. Mine charged me 20 minutes of book time ~$40.00

Not bad when you consider the cost of the scan tool is over $2000... even if you could rent the tool it would cost over $50.
    Proposed Cadillac Tag Lines...
    GM's "Back to the Future" Division,
    GM's Deja Vu Division,
    Cadillac is Truck.
    Cadillac is Cadence!
    Cadillac, you have to crawl before you walk,
    Cadillac V8? Whats a V8?
    Cadillac, the potential of mixed feelings!
    The New Cadillac Flagship: The Chevy Corvette.
    Proposed Volt Tag Line..
    People who don't like the Volt haven't driven one, and
    People who hate the Volt listen to too much talk radio.

Walking
    Thanks

that fuse is called MALL PGM it should be located in the glove box compartment.

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

there is no mall pgm fuse on an 05 grand prix. you program the key fob to the vehicle with a tech 2. the old style grand prix, pre-04 you had to remove the mall pgm fuse, and do a bunch of pointless and random things in sequence and hope the key fob magically programs to the car. it is also similar to the sequence to check the bcm for flash codes.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information