How to change rear wiper on 2010 Equinox

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to change rear wiper on 2010 Equinox

Walking
    Thanks

How to change rear wiper on 2010 Equinox

How do you remove the rear wiper blade on a 2010 Equinox so I can install a new blade?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Re: How to change rear wiper on 2010 Equinox

Have you checked your vehicle owner's manual?

1.4 Liter Turbocharged ECOTEC
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 4pap View Post
    How do you remove the rear wiper blade on a 2010 Equinox so I can install a new blade?
    It 's in the owner's manual.

The rear wiper is not something you check very often, but I found the blade on mine had torn apart after only 4 months. Check it. If it's torn, then get it replaced under bumper-to-bumper before you get too many miles. When you pass the first scheduled maintenance, the number of parts covered under b-t-b diminishes.
    Current vehicle: 2010 Equinox 2LT...170,000 miles
    1970 YTD miles driven...1,872,000 miles
    I buy 'em to drive 'em!

Walking
    Thanks

If you lift the rear wiper plastic casing off of the window... you can see the wiper blade inside (looks like a typical wiper inside). That wiper blade is being held in the casing by a clip in the middle. If you gently put a screwdriver between the casing & the blade on the side away from where it is attached to the card, you can easily run it until it pops out. I thought there would be more to it than that, but there's not. I just bought replacements for the front ones, and have to go figure that out now!

Walking
    Thanks

My 2007 equinox rear wiper would not work anymore. It stopped and somehow it's stuck there. Seems to me that there is still power to it and the fuse looks good. Tried to find some answers on car repair guides and I found that my motor could probably be toast. Could it be that the motor is shot? Where else should I look for? I might need to replace it.

1.8 Liter ECOTEC
    Thanks

A betting man would go for the motor, but there are 6 terminals to the rear wiper motor, you could have a power or ground issue, a module issue, a switch issue, a door ajar issue... it gets complicated quickly. It might be worth your while to have someone take a peek at it before you spend your money and time on something that may not fix the problem.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information