Gas additives.

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum – General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas additives.

Walking
    Thanks

Gas additives.

What gas additive would you recommend? What's your oppinon on them? Let them rip.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

4.6 Liter Northstar V8 Canyonaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gas additives.

I normally don't like addatives, the one that I use and would reccomend is the Techron concetrate, but I can get that at the pump.

The only other thing I would use is injector/fuel system cleaner once every time I get the oil changed.
    Willy (from the Simpsons): Willy hears ya. Willy don't care.

Обладание Тойотой не плохо, только все те люди, которые ведут тот, думая это как Aмериканец.

GMI Folding@Home Thread

5.3 Liter Vortec V8
    Thanks

Re: Gas additives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber z
    What gas additive would you recommend? What's your oppinon on them? Let them rip.

GM has issued a new / revised fuel system cleaner that was designed to correct erratic fuel gauge operation. I have used this cleaner in my Corvette and it cured the erratic gauge operation. (NOTE: The new cleaner contains the word, "PLUS". Do not purchase the older style from your dealer which still may be stocked. The part number for the older version and new version is the same.)

Information about the new cleaner:

GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS, Fuel Sending Unit Corrosion and Fuel System Deposits
    2006 and Prior All GM Cars and Trucks

GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS, P/N 88861011 (for U.S. ACDelco®, use 88861013) (in Canada, 88861012), is now available.

Added Benefits and Uses
    The PLUS portion of GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS is the addition of a filmer additive that, when used regularly, can protect fuel system sending units from the corrosive effects of certain sulfur contaminants found in some of today's gasoline.

Sulfur contamination can disrupt electrical continuity of certain fuel sending units and lead to erratic or false fuel gauge readings. With scheduled usage, GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS protects against the effects of harmful sulfurs in gasoline.

You Get Four Benefits
    One bottle of GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS added to the fuel tank at each oil change:

• Cleans -- Sulfur corrosion from fuel gauge sending units.

• Prevents -- Harmful sulfur components from attacking sensitive fuel system electronics.

• Protects -- By coating metallic surfaces of the fuel system.

• Removes -- Engine deposits left from use of poor quality fuels.

GM Fuel System Treatment PLUS will replace the original GM Fuel System Treatment, P/N 12345104 (in Canada, 89020804). The original formula may still be available for a limited time, and provides the excellent Fuel System Cleaning aspects of the new product without the filmer.

NOTE: The interval for using this cleaner is NOW 3000 miles, NOT 1500.

--------------------

The list price for one bottle is $22.53, but my GM/Chevrolet dealer sold it to me for $14.12 a bottle. You should try at least one bottle to see if it works in your car. Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information