Chevy Venture rear window motor problem

1. Welcome to GM Inside News Forum General discussion forum for GM

Welcome to GM Inside News Forum - a website dedicated to all things GM.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join GM Inside News Forum today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chevy Venture rear window motor problem

Walking
    Thanks

Chevy Venture rear window motor problem

My 2002 Chevy Venture's passenger side rear window motor seems to have detached from the window clip. When you hit the toggle type button, a motor rotates the window outwards to open it. When the other side of the button, the motor rotates it back inside. Somehow, the connection, which seems to be a ball and socket connection came apart and they don't seem to snap back in place.

What do I need to buy (parts to order, etc.) and how do I fix the problem? Does anyone have a link to help me w/instructions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Walking
    Thanks

Re: Chevy Venture rear window motor problem

Thanks for the replies, but as I mentioned, my problem is with the rear window (the furthest window back that opens outward and doesn't include a door). Located next to the rear folding seat bench.

7.0 Liter LS7 V8 Premium Member
    Thanks

Whoops!

OK, I'll take aanother look...

Thanks

Body Side Window Actuator Replacement
    Removal Procedure
    1. <LI type=1>Remove the rear corner upper garnish molding. Refer to Upper Rear Trim Finish Panel Replacement in Interior Trim.

<LI type=1>Disconnect the electrical connector from the rear quarter window actuator. <LI type=1>Remove the rear quarter window actuator retaining bolts.

<LI type=1>Remove the bearing bushing retaining screw. <LI type=1>Remove the actuator from the vehicle.
    2. To separate the rear quarter window actuator from the bearing, place the rear quarter window actuator on a shop bench and disassemble by removing the pin from the latch bearing.
    Installation Procedure

1. <LI type=1>Assemble the bearing to the rear quarter window actuator by installing the pin. <LI type=1>Install the bearing bushing retaining screw.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
      <LI type=1>Install the rear quarter window actuator retaining bolts. Tighten
      Tighten the bolts to 10 Nm (89 lb in).
      Tighten the bearing bushing retaining screw to 2 Nm (18 lb in).
      <LI type=1>Connect the electrical connector to the rear quarter window actuator.
    2. Install the rear corner upper garnish molding. Refer to Upper Rear Trim Finish Panel Replacement in Interior Trim.

Thanks

Upper Rear Trim Finish Panel Replacement
    Tools Required

J 38778 Door Trim Pad Clip Remover
    Removal Procedure

1. <LI type=1>Using J 38778 remove the upper seat belt anchor bolt from the belt guide loop. Important: Use care to not break the locating tabs on the quarter trim when removing the back body pillar trim.
    2. Remove the back body pillar trim from the vehicle.
    Installation Procedure

1. <LI type=1>Install the back body pillar trim by aligning the trim with the locating tabs on the quarter trim. <LI type=1>Align the retainers in the holes and push to secure the retainers. Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in the Preface section.
    2. Install the upper seat belt anchor bolt to the belt guide loop. Tighten
      Tighten the bolt to 43 Nm (32 lb ft).

Thanks

Short of pressing the sockets together in a vise possibly????

Walking
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GMCSonoma View Post
    Body Side Window Actuator Replacement
    Removal Procedure
    1. <LI type=1>Remove the rear corner upper garnish molding. Refer to Upper Rear Trim Finish Panel Replacement in Interior Trim.

<LI type=1>Disconnect the electrical connector from the rear quarter window actuator. <LI type=1>Remove the rear quarter window actuator retaining bolts.

<LI type=1>Remove the bearing bushing retaining screw. <LI type=1>Remove the actuator from the vehicle.
    2. To separate the rear quarter window actuator from the bearing, place the rear quarter window actuator on a shop bench and disassemble by removing the pin from the latch bearing.
    Installation Procedure

1. <LI type=1>Assemble the bearing to the rear quarter window actuator by installing the pin. <LI type=1>Install the bearing bushing retaining screw.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.
      <LI type=1>Install the rear quarter window actuator retaining bolts. Tighten
      Tighten the bolts to 10 Nm (89 lb in).
      Tighten the bearing bushing retaining screw to 2 Nm (18 lb in).
      <LI type=1>Connect the electrical connector to the rear quarter window actuator.
    2. Install the rear corner upper garnish molding. Refer to Upper Rear Trim Finish Panel Replacement in Interior Trim.
    I think this is just what I was looking for. Doesn't look too difficult. Luckily, I have a $500 gift card from the dealer I bought the Venture from (I can use it for parts, too).

Walking
    Thanks

I purchased the motor and when I took it out of the box (and compared it to the motor in my vehicle, it looked like my motor was in good working order. I just needed the clip attached to the window. I ordered it (considerably less expensive than the motor) and tried to take out the existing clip, but the phillips screw is so tight, I ended up messing up the head of the screw. Any ideas on how I can take it out? Screwdriver keeps slipping now. Can I use an easy out tool w/my drill?

6.0 Liter L76 V8
    Thanks

cutoff tool, be careful. yeah they suck. can be a real pain in the butt.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GM Inside News
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information